The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 307 - 'Deep Breath' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Deep Breath? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Into the Dalek' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 31st
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Deep Breath' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 24th
  • BBC One 'Deep Breath' Promotional Advertisement Video [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 306 - Interviews with Ian Marter and Sarah Sutton
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Eve Myles (Doctor Who & Torchwood)
    Eve Myles (Doctor Who & Torchwood)
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  S3-Ep 10 'Blink'
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    S3-Ep 10 'Blink' Views: 8994
     Monday, June 18 2007 @ 05:01 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  DarthSkeptical]Right, but without a TARDIS, how else was he supposed to do that without also aging at the same rate? The Doctor and Martha don't have a TARDIS while they're waiting for BIlly to age; they have to have aged right alongside him.

You are assuming that he has to age along with Billy. Once he has his instructions from the Doctor, a chain of events is set in motion that sends the TARDIS to a specific point in time after the Doctor and Martha had enough time to take care of tracking down all the people sent back still alive in 1969 and instruct them with what they needed to do and to set up the writing beneath the wallpaper. They never had to age to the present day.

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Monday, June 18 2007 @ 05:16 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    [Quote  by:  DarthSkeptical]Right, but without a TARDIS, how else was he supposed to do that without also aging at the same rate? The Doctor and Martha don't have a TARDIS while they're waiting for BIlly to age; they have to have aged right alongside him.

You are assuming that he has to age along with Billy. Once he has his instructions from the Doctor, a chain of events is set in motion that sends the TARDIS to a specific point in time after the Doctor and Martha had enough time to take care of tracking down all the people sent back still alive in 1969 and instruct them with what they needed to do and to set up the writing beneath the wallpaper. They never had to age to the present day.

I believe we have already covered this. In addition though the Martha Jones MySpace page Blog entry for this episode (Full Article Here) states-

"Of course, you've probably not noticed I've been away. Time travel's funny like that. But, yeah, we've just spent a few weeks trapped in 1969! Which, to be fair, was more cheery than 1913."

From the get go I never saw a need to go "The Long Way Round" and I am glad that I am not alone.

Cheers,
    Mike M.

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Monday, June 18 2007 @ 05:48 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  old china]

Surely the Angels would only be trapped in that pitch black basement for as long as the light bulb lasts?

Not important and it may have been noticed already but just thought I'd share that Smile

No - the Doctor said their curse was that if they once looked at each other they would be turned to stone for all time.

That doesn't mean that there are other Weeping Angels about.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Tuesday, June 19 2007 @ 07:01 AM EDT
    Has anyone seen the 2005 Doctor Who - Thrilling Adventures in Time and Space annual/ - check out page 53 - a story by Steven Moffat called "What I did on my Christmas Holidays by Sally Sparrow" - the threads obviously came together for 2007 !

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, June 19 2007 @ 08:03 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]No - the Doctor said their curse was that if they once looked at each other they would be turned to stone for all time.

That doesn't mean that there are other Weeping Angels about.

Cheers, daveac

Yeah, but doesn't that kind of go against their evolutionary development? They evolved so that if anyone saw them they'd turn to stone. It makes no evolutionary sense for them to turn permanently to stone for ANY reason.

But hey, that's how they wrote it.

What is interesting is that this can now be easily connected, if some writer is eager to do so, to the Gorgons and Medusa, who turned anyone to stone who looked upon her. Perhaps Gorgons are an offshoot or a subset of the Weeping Angel species.

I can see this making for a very good Who story.

(Hey, stop that. I came up with it... put that pen down. Stop writing!!! Hey, Russell! I'm writing it, I'll send it in when I'm done! Accept no substitutes! If that Moffatt guy hands in a script with Medusa in it he stole it from me!!!!!)

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Tuesday, June 19 2007 @ 09:03 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  seanhuxter]
    What is interesting is that this can now be easily connected, if some writer is eager to do so, to the Gorgons and Medusa, who turned anyone to stone who looked upon her. Perhaps Gorgons are an offshoot or a subset of the Weeping Angel species.

(Hey, stop that. I came up with it... put that pen down. Stop writing!!! Hey, Russell! I'm writing it, I'll send it in when I'm done! Accept no substitutes! If that Moffatt guy hands in a script with Medusa in it he stole it from me!!!!!)

Sean.

Why not go further - make Medusa their Queen - perhaps even with the power to un-freese her subjects.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Tuesday, June 19 2007 @ 09:33 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    [Quote  by:  seanhuxter]

Sean.

Why not go further - make Medusa their Queen - perhaps even with the power to un-freese her subjects.

Cheers, daveac

The classical analogy's a really good one. There was something almost Renaissance like in some of the shots of the Angels. The frame of them crowded round the Tardis, when Billy chanced to look over during the mili-second they were about to go in looked like a Michel-Angelo sculpture, with their billowing skirts and wings.

Ahhh, there's just so many aspects of this episode to appreciate! I actually think this is Mr Moffats best script to date (yes, even better than The Empty Child- and that really is saying something). It really blew me away.

If half the art of survival is running away, the other half is knowing when to keep a straight face.
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, June 19 2007 @ 10:17 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Skaroth] Has anyone seen the 2005 Doctor Who - Thrilling Adventures in Time and Space annual/ - check out page 53 - a story by Steven Moffat called "What I did on my Christmas Holidays by Sally Sparrow" - the threads obviously came together for 2007 !

Sorry if this is a repost, but the original story can be found here or here. Quite a nice short story, expanded into one of the best sories of the new series yet.

Tuesday, June 19 2007 @ 08:06 PM EDT
    Another quick point:-

Weeping Angels - yet another episode with a Heaven & Hell theme.

Cheers, daveac

Wednesday, June 20 2007 @ 11:56 PM EDT
    was just listening to a local radio station that plays and hour nightly of Celtic music. There was an interesting song playing which had a chorus that went as follows:

We are the moving statues, the statues that move.....

creepy goodness.

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, June 21 2007 @ 12:16 AM EDT

Just an FYI, there are a couple of Web Page Easter Eggs on the BBC page for Blink.

BBC Blink Page

Monday, January 21 2008 @ 04:49 PM EST
    (From OG);

Blink's been nominated for a Nebula Award. Good. I hope it comes out Top Of The Pops.

If Blink doesnt win I hope the script for V For Vendetta does (By the Wachowskis). I thought it was brilliant. That said, I don't like Alan Moore (however genuinely wonderful his writing can be).

Nothing dies of old age on Skaro!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, January 21 2008 @ 05:00 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Tardis-Knight]

If Blink doesnt win I hope the script for V For Vendetta does

Is that where there is a frightening villan wearing a costume mask?

On,no that's 'Girl in the Fireplace' Big Grin

Cheers, daveac

Monday, January 21 2008 @ 06:12 PM EST
    Hadnt made that (b)link Dave. But now you mention it......

Nothing dies of old age on Skaro!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, January 22 2008 @ 04:35 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Tardis-Knight] (From OG);

Blink's been nominated for a Nebula Award. Good. I hope it comes out Top Of The Pops.

If Blink doesnt win I hope the script for V For Vendetta does (By the Wachowskis). I thought it was brilliant. That said, I don't like Alan Moore (however genuinely wonderful his writing can be).

dont like Alan Moore?

the person? his work? His mushrooms? his "adult work"

Guest Host on the WHOCAST

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic