The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 12th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 313 - 'Kill the Moon' Reviewed
  • The Curse Of The Black Tooth - Spoilers!
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Kill The Moon? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Kill The Moon' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 5th

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Petrol Station TARDIS
    Petrol Station TARDIS
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  S3-Ep 12 'The Sound of Drums'
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    S3-Ep 12 'The Sound of Drums' Views: 12710
     Wednesday, June 20 2007 @ 08:42 AM EDT
    Go on....spoil yourself.

For those who don't want to best look away now

Looks like RTD's at it again with the pop culture references:
    From this weeks episode cast - an advert for Mr Saxon starring>
    Sharon Osbourne - Herself
    McFly - Themselves
    Ann Widdecombe - Herself

Although - since all these people are evil incarnate I'm not surprised they're endorsing him. Nonetheless - the phrase 'Not in my Episode' jumps to mind. I'm painting a placard as I type.

*********************************************************** "Rubber Soles - Swear by them!"
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Wednesday, June 20 2007 @ 10:16 AM EDT

Front page proudly displays one of the featured "Bantos DVDs" from 'Blink' Civilization Zero.

"Civilization Zero" Faux DVD Cover
    Tagline for the film seems apporiate as well Wink

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Wednesday, June 20 2007 @ 06:25 PM EDT
    A friend of mine text me earlier today and said she'd seen a vote Saxon advert with Anne Widdecombe - intially I thought she was winding me up!

Nothing dies of old age on Skaro!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, June 21 2007 @ 10:48 PM EDT
    http://spoiledrot.blogspot.com/

Sound Of Drums: out of ten I'd give it a nine. Out of five I'd give it 4.862. The reason it doesn't get 10 or 5 (or A+) is because of, what is affectionally known as, 'fanwank'. Not that I'm against a bit of wankage now and again. Still, Doctor Who fans'll love it (maybe with the possible exception of TVM lovers). Kids will love it. I loved it.

DT = Excellent. Angry, dark and, dare I say it, cruel
    Simm = Scene stealer. Hilarious, menacing, manic THE MASTER!!!!!!
    Freema= Absolutely excellent. She really turns in a stellar performance, especially in her reactions to the Doctor, Galifrey et al). About 30 times better than Billie. (sorry Billie)
    JB= Great as always. We're going to find out something shocking. There are hints (read below)

(Get on with it! -Ed)

Ok. You've been warned (haven't you?)

-Rememeber the Sea Devils? The Clangers. Well, the Master's at it again with the Teletubbies. Funny scene (and the look of utter incredulity and contempt on Simms face. "Tinky Winky!")

- The Jones family: taking away. Who's that in the back of the van also being driven off? Why! it's Sarah Jane Smith! (wankage #1)

- Mrs Saxon is very proud of her husband. Oh yes. Anthony Ainley would turn in his grave!

- Brigadear Leibridge Stewart. In name only. Oh, and he's dead.(wankage 2)

- Time vortex manipulator. Back to the future. The Doctors very angry. He basically loses both his friends with a single comment.

- Captain Scarlett

- All that tapping. Everyone. Terrifying. The sound of drums indeed. Turn off your f*ck*ng telephone!!

- "When I was a child" . "About eight years old" "Like a brother to me"

- Jack remembers something the same time the Doctor does. They exchange a look. I felt a shiver go through me then. Jack!!

- Galifrey. CGI. A very familiar face. Absolutely well done. Remember how they used to do CGI faces and people back in the old days? Well the Beeb have just blown that out of the f*ck*ng water!

- Saxon: "Would you like a jellybaby?".

- The Valiant is a bowlderised tardis. Bits of the Doctors tardis (which doesn't work anymore)

- The Toclafane ? No idea yet. But the Galifrey flashback gives you a hint.

- The Doctor suffers. He gets old. Very old. All Mark Gatiss' fault.

- The Master and his regenerations. "There was always a way, Doctor. You know that better than anyone".

-cs™

http://twitter.com/Smittmaestro
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, June 21 2007 @ 11:05 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  whodovoodoo] Go on....spoil yourself.

For those who don't want to best look away now

Looks like RTD's at it again with the pop culture references:
    From this weeks episode cast - an advert for Mr Saxon starring>
    Sharon Osbourne - Herself
    McFly - Themselves
    Ann Widdecombe - Herself

Although - since all these people are evil incarnate I'm not surprised they're endorsing him. Nonetheless - the phrase 'Not in my Episode' jumps to mind. I'm painting a placard as I type.

I thought that was Sharon Osbourne in one of the "vote Saxon" comercials on BBC's website.

Friday, June 22 2007 @ 05:35 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Smitty] http://spoiledrot.blogspot.com/
    -cs™

Okay....My brain has just imploded...please excuse me while I scoop up the relevant matter from the floor...

My knees are officially trembling!

*********************************************************** "Rubber Soles - Swear by them!"

Friday, June 22 2007 @ 09:49 AM EDT
    I have no idea how I'm going to make it through to tomorrow night without reading all of that. Gah.

tawm.net: read it. (please?)

Friday, June 22 2007 @ 10:29 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Smitty] http://spoiledrot.blogspot.com/

Sound Of Drums: out of ten I'd give it a nine. Out of five I'd give it 4.862. The reason it doesn't get 10 or 5 (or A+) is because of, what is affectionally known as, 'fanwank'. Not that I'm against a bit of wankage now and again. Still, Doctor Who fans'll love it (maybe with the possible exception of TVM lovers). Kids will love it. I loved it.

DT = Excellent. Angry, dark and, dare I say it, cruel
    Simm = Scene stealer. Hilarious, menacing, manic THE MASTER!!!!!!
    Freema= Absolutely excellent. She really turns in a stellar performance, especially in her reactions to the Doctor, Galifrey et al). About 30 times better than Billie. (sorry Billie)
    JB= Great as always. We're going to find out something shocking. There are hints (read below)

(Get on with it! -Ed)

Ok. You've been warned (haven't you?)

-Rememeber the Sea Devils? The Clangers. Well, the Master's at it again with the Teletubbies. Funny scene (and the look of utter incredulity and contempt on Simms face. "Tinky Winky!")

- The Jones family: taking away. Who's that in the back of the van also being driven off? Why! it's Sarah Jane Smith! (wankage #1)

- Mrs Saxon is very proud of her husband. Oh yes. Anthony Ainley would turn in his grave!

- Brigadear Leibridge Stewart. In name only. Oh, and he's dead.(wankage 2)

- Time vortex manipulator. Back to the future. The Doctors very angry. He basically loses both his friends with a single comment.

- Captain Scarlett

- All that tapping. Everyone. Terrifying. The sound of drums indeed. Turn off your f*ck*ng telephone!!

- "When I was a child" . "About eight years old" "Like a brother to me"

- Jack remembers something the same time the Doctor does. They exchange a look. I felt a shiver go through me then. Jack!!

- Galifrey. CGI. A very familiar face. Absolutely well done. Remember how they used to do CGI faces and people back in the old days? Well the Beeb have just blown that out of the f*ck*ng water!

- Saxon: "Would you like a jellybaby?".

- The Valiant is a bowlderised tardis. Bits of the Doctors tardis (which doesn't work anymore)

- The Toclafane ? No idea yet. But the Galifrey flashback gives you a hint.

- The Doctor suffers. He gets old. Very old. All Mark Gatiss' fault.

- The Master and his regenerations. "There was always a way, Doctor. You know that better than anyone".

-cs™

Seems like an awful lot of just one episode?

Forget the shooty dog thing!

Saturday, June 23 2007 @ 05:41 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Tawm] I have no idea how I'm going to make it through to tomorrow night without reading all of that. Gah.

Same here - I even not dared to reply to Badwolf's post below yours - as in doing so the 'white text' would become visible and I'd HAVE to read it.

Staying strong - less than 9 hours to broadcast time Big Grin

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Saturday, June 23 2007 @ 06:33 AM EDT
    I've got so much to do today and places to go. Kilburn, Forbidden Planet, the Imperial War Museum, & lunch with a mate (who has very kindly offered to pay so I couldnt say no!!). Somehow I've gotta do all that and get home before this starts; and I'm sitting here posting! I'm such a muppet.

I don't think I've looked forward to a TV program this much since the final episode of 9th Doctor's run.

This should be good.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 23 2007 @ 09:20 AM EDT
    I'm not reading any of the spoilers today. I got too many spoilers from Utopia and for once I want to be shocked. I bet its going to rock, but I had been watching Lazarus Experiement again and am trying to understand the idea that Saxon has been present in Martha's world before they found out about who he was during Utopia. I am beginning to understand the non-linear time concept idea even though I'm fighting the continuity.
    I'm beginning to think Lazarus' chamber(the one that turned him young). now looks a hell of a lot like the Tardis shell....(please stop me if i'm delusional) but what if that is the reason Saxon was so supportive of the project? What if the Tardis got stuck there and eventually rejected the master and changed into an object that was useless, so they were spending all their time to get it to work again by experimenting with whatever left over power it had???

oh i'm talking from such inexperience, it just looks good on paper.... Rolling Eyes

"WOT?...WOT?" "WOT??????!!!!!" OUT!OUT!OUT!

Saturday, June 23 2007 @ 03:31 PM EDT
    What ... was ... that!!?? Cry

Here I was with my dinner in my hand walking into the living room at 7.16pm (admittedly a little late) and I missed how they got off the damned planet!?! I saw them 'dematerialise' on Earth sitting around and chatting - WHAT A COP OUT!

What about the futurekind, the rocket, utopia ... everything I had just invested in? Turns out that everyone’s speculation about the Master's TARDIS, the rocket etc, etc, was just shot down in flames as Jack’s little device can pretty much do everything necessary to further the plot.

And what a plot! I'm very disappointed by this and I think this episode is a great case for perhaps not letting the Producer also write the most important episodes. The series was racing along with some really high quality stories and then we get this! What a confused, complex, and yet strangely dull episode. I absolutely loathed every mixed-up nonsensical minute. It was just an excuse for a big fireworks ending and in my opinion, we saw far too much of the back story of the Timelords and the Master for my liking which threatens to mundanely explain away decades of mystery and intrigue in two episodes (good to see them though - although that Citadel looked a bit small for all of them to squeeze into Laughing Out Loud ).

It’s almost as if RTD needed this scale of wacky 'Jack Nicholson Jokeresque' nonsense to establish that the Master is evil - but it just doesn't work and left me confused and waiting for potentially ANYTHING to happen next - including BadWolf’s comments last week about the Face of Boe walking into the room twirling a fob watch with the Rani hanging off one eyebrow and (hey, why not) the rest of the Doctor’s incarnations and the Daleks in tow doing a tapdance routine - THAT WOULD HAVE MADE MORE SENSE! By the end, I have to admit to almost completely losing interest - which breaks my heart.

Anything good to say? Well … erm … David Tennent’s old-aged make-up looked really good.

Well, on to next week as Martha visits GAP’s urban warfare section and goes running round with yet another freedom fighting force… sigh.

Hey, anyone watching Stephen Moffet’s series Jekyll? Its absolutely fantastic!!

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 23 2007 @ 03:33 PM EDT
    Oh, and to cap it all my theory about this being set in a pre-Torchwood era was shot down in flames as well!

Ho hum..

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 23 2007 @ 03:49 PM EDT
    I haven't got long so I'll talk about it properly later - but in a nutshell; I am total disagreement with Simon! But I guess the world would be a dull place if we all liked the same thing (and I'd probably like Oasis, Manchester United & Big Brother - and I just couldnt be doing that). Eek!

Was it as triumphant as last weeks? I'd have to say no, but I've only seen it once, and I'll definitely be watching it again, 1st thing in the morning!!

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 23 2007 @ 04:11 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Simon] Oh, and to cap it all my theory about this being set in a pre-Torchwood era was shot down in flames as well!

Ho hum..

Oh Dear,

As I forewarned last week, the backlash looks like it will start here.

Hey Guys...........

This is a trilogy that means

Start

Middle

End

Be a little patient.

Ah looks like my flight is about to leave

Bob Evil

Forget the shooty dog thing!

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic