The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 304 - 'The Claws of Axos' is Reviewed
  • New Doctor Who Series Launch Confirmed for August and Teaser Promo Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Invasion of Time? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 303 - 'The Invasion of Time' is Reviewed
  • Dozens of Doctor Who guests converge on Long Island this November!
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 302 - Terry Walsh Interviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Louise Jameson
    Louise Jameson
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  S3-Ep 12 'The Sound of Drums'
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    S3-Ep 12 'The Sound of Drums' Views: 12444
     Sunday, June 24 2007 @ 11:19 PM EDT
    For the sake of continuity during the season it would have been cool if the Master had a laser spanner (like Emily Pankhurst took from the Doctor) rather than a laser screwdriver. Cool

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed are Kings
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, June 24 2007 @ 11:36 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Doctor Whoovie] For the sake of continuity during the season it would have been cool if the Master had a laser spanner (like Emily Pankhurst took from the Doctor) rather than a laser screwdriver. Cool

Yep, I thought the laser screwdriver was kinda cheesey. Hey, by the way, where is The Master's Tissue Compression Eliminator? I want to see some people getting shrunk.

Furthermore, where is the Master's TARDIS? Would he have turned The Doctor's TARDIS into a Paradox Machine, if he didn't have another means of transport? It has to be around somewhere. As I remember his was a Type 80 TARDIS, so I'm thinking he would elect to make that his primary vehicle, due to the fact that its a newer model.

Its probably hidden among the furniture at No. 10. LOL!

"Elemental, my dear Benton." The Doctor to Sgt. Benton (The Daemons)
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Monday, June 25 2007 @ 01:20 AM EDT
    A terrific episode, I must admit I love the "fanwank" aspect. I was laughing and and going "ah!" at things my wife didn't get (she's a new series fan only). I think it's great when the writers throw a bone for the long time fans, but it wasn't done at the expense of the new fans.

As for Simm as The Master - brilliant! Yes it was over the top at times, but I think the guy is a great actor and some of his lines had me laughing out loud.

It was nice to see Unit's position in all of this given all the Torchwood stuff over the last year or so. Nods to the past and a good Martha performance!

He's the strongest, he's the quickest, he's the best..... "Yorkshire is a state of mind"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, June 25 2007 @ 04:56 AM EDT
    I'm back. Now continuing:

When the billions of "metal sphere guys" began to descend to Earth I was reminded of the days when I was small in Britain and I used to watch the Terrahawks. It reminded me of those Zeroid metal sphere guys from that program bouncing all over the place.

I was at work earlier today and I happen to work in a restaurant currently. Anyway, there's this little "beeper" that goes off every time someone opens and/or closes one of the 3 main doors to the restaurant. Today I noticed that little beeper more than ever and it was ringing in my head the entire 10 hrs I was there today.

Beep-Beep-Beep-Beep! (pause) Beep-Beep-Beep-Beep!

I sear to god I never ever realized it had that rhythm or beat before seeing this episode. Obviously the Master's hypno-charm is at work at my job! I wish I could have explained to one of my co-workers why the beeping made me smirk and giggle so much, but non of them would even remotely understand. I realize Doctor Who is a household name in the UK and much of the rest of the English (and non-English) speaking world. But in the cirlces I normally run around in I couldn't hardly think of anything more obscure. Now at my place of work, The "official" San Antonio Star Wars Association/Club, League or whatever meets up every 4th Friday with their life size Yoda statue in tow. Also sometimes dressed in Star Wars regalia. Perhaps those fanatics have heard of or would understand Doctor Who. I've been thinking of joining their club, but their mock/stage fencing/sword-fighting with broomstick handles in the parking lot kind of makes me weary and wary. LOL!

Also, I don't believe I've heard anyone else bring up Harriet Jones a-la-incognito. So is that really the end of her once and for all? Just like that?

Does anyone else feel the Master lacks a goatee or is it not really that big a deal? I guess it's okay for me if he's without it, but I was always so used to it since I was a child. The master of the 80s was probably one of the first celebrities or people period who I ever saw wear one when I was young. At least the only one I remember from my childhood.

I take zero credit for this pic; it came from Wiki'.

It is very, very intriguing to me all of the different arcs or threads you can choose to focus on or follow throughout these 3 new series of Doctor Who we now have to chew on:

1. The linear timeline (from the Doctor's POV) of the Doctor and his evolving relationship(s) with his companion(s). This one is most obvious.

2. The timewar/timelords/gallifrey related arc of episodes...

2.5. ...Which is also intertwined with all of the Dalek stories.

3. New, New Earth/Face of Boe.

4. All stories chronologically dealing with events on supposed "present-day" Earth/Britain.

5. An off-shoot of this might be stories tied to Cardiff and the rift and/or the spin-off of Torchwood.

6. Shesh, well I might as well make up a Captain Jack story arc while I'm at it.

7. Although it's basically been finished, we had the whole Rose's Dad/Parallel Universe arc.

8. Just for kicks, why don't I make up an arc concerning all Religious Godly vs. Devil/Satan references or beings that come from a hellish environment.

9. Honorable mention goes to, for goodness sakes 3 of the 41 new episodes happened on Christmas.

Of course these threads or story arcs also crossover and intertwine with each other all over the place.

Wow, can you believe there's already been 41 new eps. at least 40 min or more in length in the last 3 yrs. Only approximately 2 yrs and about 3, nearly 4 months if you go by the initial airdate of the new series with Chris Eccelston until the present. Phenomenal. Esp. when you consider that from '63-'89 there were only 159 episodes or stories even though I realize they were all serials.

Perhaps I should have made up an entirely new thread for this topic???

Just like Star Trek and other Franchise shows have come out with special mini-boxed sets with different themes, Doctor Who also has many, many possibilities, or ways you can concentrate on the series from different angles or perspectives. Let's not forget the multitude of different themed sets you could come out with if you included all of the classic series as well!!!

Esco, "The Bachelor" has regenerated into Bullitt33!!!!

Monday, June 25 2007 @ 10:15 AM EDT
    When I finished watching the ep on Saturday (quickest red eye I've ever gotten) I just stared at the screen in horror. What was that?

I do kind of like Simm's Nicholson-as-The-Joker Master, I think he was the best part of the ep. You could see him slowly losing his control over the insanity as the ep went on.

As to his wife, I'm guessing she is human, but I also think she may be off her rocker as well (perhaps a psychopath or at least a sociopath?), perhaps a little too much inbreeding in her family? I laughed out loud when she started dancing on the stairs as the toclafane's began killing: it was just so.... camp.

As to the rest, well, nice to see Martha get a bit of a backbone and yell at the Doctor. Didn't care for the backstory about the academy (too short? too cavalier? not sure, just didn't fit in my mind). The CGI didn't bother me so much; red/orange skies are so hard to do, afterall (joking). "President-Elect" doing state/international business? never would happen. Even if he was the ambassador previously, he would have had to quit to get his house in order, and a lame-duck president wouldn't have let the opportunity pass to be the one to run the meet and greet with the "new" aliens.

So in conclusion: yuck. Bring on the second part quickly so I can get this taste out of my mouth.

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, June 25 2007 @ 10:27 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Mohan] Well, I won't be afraid to say that this episode wasn't a 5 out of 5. I'd place it more at 2.5 or 3 out of 5. I'm not liking the Master's personality--too Jokerish (as already mentioned) to me.
    I agree about the rating, but not necessarily about The Master. He does seem a little Joker-ish, but it could be due to his regeneration (just as The Doctor's regenerations seem to never go off without some kind of hitch). Plus, I think the last thing we want would be for Simm to do some kind of lame Delgado/Ainley impression. Just as it's important for each new Doctor to bring some unique trait to the character, I think the same can be said for The Master as well. They have to make the character their own, or else the comparisons will never end.

[Quote  by:  Mohan] One thing that I like to say: I've been a Doctor Who fan since the '80s and just because there is a Doctor Who doesn't mean that I, as a fan, have to fawn over it. With so much other great stuff to watch on TV (or rent), I wasn't impressed with this episode at all.
    Yeah, this just reminded me too much of the Aliens of London 2-parter from S1 (3-parter if you include Boom Town), also none of which I liked. More reasons below...

[Quote  by:  TeaTimeLord] I do not think this was all that great an episode. It was OK from the point of view that it gave background information on the Master, his relationship with the Doctor, and the time lords in general. I think they left too many open issues for one final episode. I fear the last show is going to be a bunch of quick fixes to wrap things up.
    This is probably true. I'm also afraid they're going to try to squeeze too much into the little amount of time they have. In another thread, somebody else brought up a good point about how the producers may have feared a 4th series wouldn't be picked up by the time they wrapped S3, and may have been planning S3 to go out with a bang. I certainly hope that's not the case here.

[Quote  by:  TeaTimeLord]When was the Doctor in Cardif at the start of this 3 parter? Could the Master be the reason the "Rift was activated recently"?
    Ummmm...he was in Cardiff at the very beginning of Utopia. I don't think The Master had anything to do with the rift. Go watch the last few episodes of Torchwood, and you'll know why the rift was active.

My own thoughts on the episode:
    - Kinda bummed about the way they escaped from the futurekind at the beginning. Once again, the sonic screwdriver saves the day.
    - Also, if Jack's Vortex Mainpulator burned out when he left Satellite 5 and arrived on Earth 150 years ago, then why the heck does he still wear it??? Why not lock it in the Torchwood vault and leave it alone? Answer: A very convenient means of escape for the trio.
    - Liked how The Master said he Chameleon Arch'ed himself to escape. I was prepared to put my foot through my monitor if it was anything else. No other plausible reason for Yana to keep the watch on himself, rather than let somebody else care for it.
    - What about the humans in the rocket going to Utopia? I'll reserve judgement on this one, because I have a suspicion that we'll revisit the Utopia storyline sometime. If not in the series finale, then sometime in the future. Is Utopia a haven for Timelords who have escaped the Time War? We'll see...
    - Didn't care too much for The Lazarus Experiment, and I don't care too much for the references here. Making The Doctor old...ok now what? Other than humiliating The Doctor a little, what purpose does that serve? Why not have one of his Toclafane buddies zap him into oblivion?
    - I actually felt very bad when the trio made it back into the TARDIS only to find The Master had trashed it and turned it into this "Paradox Machine". The more I think about the TARDIS, the more I think of it as The Doctor's unsung companion. Oh, the day when we get a completely TARDIS-centric episode! Sorry...daydreaming...
    - Why can't the BBC give Doctor Who the greenlight for more than 1 series at a time? With the huge ratings it gets, as well as the merchandising aspect, it's paying for it's production costs and then some. If we can get more than a 1 year commitment at a time, then perhaps we won't get these multi-storyline arcs all coming to a head at once, like it appears we have with next week's finale.

In all fairness to this episode, it could be that it was a decent one, but I just really loved the return of The Master in Utopia and it may have set the bar so high in my mind that it would be tough for anything to top it. Needless to say, this didn't even come close. And I don't think that anything short of the return of the Timelords, and/or the reappearance of Gallifrey will redeem this mediocre season. Please oh please let the Toclafane have nothing to do with Daleks. We've been so inundated with blah Dalek stories, culminating with this season's disappointing 2-parter.

-Steve

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, June 25 2007 @ 10:36 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  sgb1975]
    [Quote  by:  Mohan] Well, I won't be afraid to say that this episode wasn't a 5 out of 5. I'd place it more at 2.5 or 3 out of 5. I'm not liking the Master's personality--too Jokerish (as already mentioned) to me.
    I agree about the rating, but not necessarily about The Master. He does seem a little Joker-ish, but it could be due to his regeneration (just as The Doctor's regenerations seem to never go off without some kind of hitch). Plus, I think the last thing we want would be for Simm to do some kind of lame Delgado/Ainley impression. Just as it's important for each new Doctor to bring some unique trait to the character, I think the same can be said for The Master as well. They have to make the character their own, or else the comparisons will never end.
    -Steve

But you forget that The Master regenerated 18 months ago (as he arrived in our timeline 18 months prior to the events in The Sound Of Drums). So, I think he's pretty much just nuts. Perhaps that is a side effect of the TLs resurrecting someone after the 13 regenerations are up?

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, June 25 2007 @ 11:55 AM EDT
    - Why can't the BBC give Doctor Who the greenlight for more than 1 series at a time? With the huge ratings it gets, as well as the merchandising aspect, it's paying for it's production costs and then some. If we can get more than a 1 year commitment at a time, then perhaps we won't get these multi-storyline arcs all coming to a head at once, like it appears we have with next week's finale.

Steve,

Series two and three were both commissioned at the same time, so the BBC did give more than a one year commitment. And there was quite a bit of work put into series four before the announcement that the Beeb was picking up the series. I am certain that the BBC are planning their announcements for when they will have the most publicity impact. I do not believe that Doctor Who is in any danger of disappearing anytime soon, and as long as Russel T. Davies is the main executive producer, we will see the same type of structure to each series as we have seen so far.

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Monday, June 25 2007 @ 12:24 PM EDT
    Here's the first part of my detailed posting...

One of the reasons I didn't like this episode as much as the last two is, there were a bunch of small things that just didn't feel right. Overall, I liked the story, but little things kept nagging at me. Like the way they handled why the Doctor couldn't sense the Master when he was back on Earth earlier in the season. It just seemed too simple and convenient. Similarly, how they got back to Earth. At first I was like, "Wow, that was really lame," but then they at least flashed back to them doing it and it was a little less lame.

Here are a couple other random thoughts...
    "The never-ending darkness is coming..."
    I wonder if these creatures are on the "Utopia planet" and aren't too happy about the coming humans. Or maybe since Derek Jacobi seemed to indicate that the Utopia planet itself was a trap of some kind, all of the little sphere thingies are the humans who had "escaped" to Utopia converted into little killing machines. Pure speculation on my part.

I got a big kick out of the whole "I thought he might have been your secret brother or something", "You watch too much TV". That got a big laugh out of me.

[Quote  by:  whodovoodoo]
    Looks like RTD's at it again with the pop culture references:
    From this weeks episode cast - an advert for Mr Saxon starring>
    Sharon Osbourne - Herself
    McFly - Themselves
    Ann Widdecombe - Herself

Although - since all these people are evil incarnate I'm not surprised they're endorsing him. Nonetheless - the phrase 'Not in my Episode' jumps to mind. I'm painting a placard as I type.

Yeah, that was one of the many little things that whittled away at this episode in my mind. That and the Sound of Drums techno music later on took me out of my suspended disbelief a little bit.

[Quote  by:  Smitty]
    - The Jones family: taking away. Who's that in the back of the van also being driven off? Why! it's Sarah Jane Smith! (wankage #1)
    - Brigadear Leibridge Stewart. In name only. Oh, and he's dead.(wankage 2)
    - Saxon: "Would you like a jellybaby?".
    - The Valiant is a bowlderised tardis. Bits of the Doctors tardis (which doesn't work anymore)

Not sure of a lot of this post, but these are the ones I was most confused by. I don't recall seeing SJS in the back of the van. I even went back and looked and couldn't see her. I also don't recall the Brigadier being mentioned. I know they mentioned that "First contact rules were established in 1968..." That's right around the time of Web of Fear and the first appearance of the Brigadier. Smile I did like the jellybaby bit, that was funny. And the Valient looks more like the giant flying aircraft carrier from Sky Captain. The whole thing wasn't built out of the TARDIS, just the Paradox Machine whatever that is.

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, June 25 2007 @ 01:05 PM EDT
    Ok, here's the rest of my review. I'll also take this opportunity to change my account avatar/picture. Mr. Green

More random thoughts popping into my head...

I loved the news report about the President being furious about Britain acting unilaterally. Sorry, I won't derail the thread into politics, but as an unapologetic liberal Democrat, I got a big kick out of that. I wonder if Winters saying he is the President-elect, i.e. not the President, is significant, or if it's just a mistake.

I also got a kick out of the Doctor explaining the TARDIS key perception filters acting like when you really fancy someone and they're oblivious to it, and Jack sees Martha's expression and says "You, too?" Jack's got a crush on the Doctor. Big Grin

Only one episode left, are we going to find out what the Doctor did that royally pissed off the queen in Shakespeare Code (pun intended)? Or was that just to set up the whole thread of non-linear time for the rest of the season?

How did the Master know to bring the hand with him before he (in his personal time-line) even made it to Earth to start Lazarus working on the aging machine? I guess he could have just brought it with, and the Lazarus Experiment was one of the the results of him pondering what to do with it.

[Quote  by:  Simon]...before the final episode reveals that the Choclofane (or whatever) are really Timelords miniaturised and put in little robot ships, and that the rift they came through was actually just a supermassive plot hole.

That may even "break the Doctor's hearts" more than my speculative theory. Maybe these are what's left of the Time Lords from an alternate universe Time War where the Daleks won and converted the Time Lords into slave machines.

[Quote  by:  Magpie] This whole "Cybermen invaded but now everything is back to normal again" annoys me. I'll have more respect if Series 4 has 2008 earth in shambles. There never actually being consequences sort of, ruins the drama I think.

You mean like how in Runaway Bride the Thames was drained, but in Smith and Jones it's back to normal again? Big Grin

[Quote  by:  DarthSkeptical] I'm really bugged by the performance of and titile for the US leader in this episode. Not only is President Winters a flat actor, but again what the hell is the President-Elect doing operating as if he's President? Fine, his presence is covered by the fact that he's there under the aegis of the UN, but it's just flatly ridiculous on so many levels, not the least of which is that it's not winter—the only time of year that a President-Elect exists.

You caught that, too? I freely admit that I am clueless when Britain holds its election, but if it isn't between November 7 and January 20 (2008? 2012?), then I'm really confused.

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, June 25 2007 @ 01:23 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]Now, did anyone notice what was behind John Simm in the Cabinet scene? There was a fireplace. And on said fireplace were models of columns. I wonder if this could be significant! And the left side of the fireplace seems to have vines or something on it. A newly rebuilt office with a dirty fireplace, hmmmm.

I didn't catch that at all when watching the episode. I'll include a screen cap so people can see what you're talking about. Top-right corner is a closer image of the columns statue. Big Grin

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, June 25 2007 @ 01:48 PM EDT
    Taken from the "Speculation: Toclafane" thread:

[Quote  by:  daveac]

They look like tiny Sontarans spacecraft to me - you don't think the Master could have shrunk a whole race do you?

Cheers, daveac

Could this actually be true or is it just too far-fetched?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Ummm, if I may, can I go off on another tangent once again?

Secondly, may I make a comparison between Doctor Who and Sports? I mean, I'm not sure about the Brit side, I'm sure all of you love "International" Football. I know, I know, it's just Football on your side of the Pond. But here in The States I know relatively few Doctor Who fans or Sci-Fi fans in general who care very much for Professional Sports.

Anywho, I've noticed how I've made more posts on the forums here in the past week than I have practically ever over the course of a year. I believe it's b/c it's just that time of the year when Doctor Who plain rocks, for lack of a better term. Again, it reminds me of how I feel about the 3 major sports here in The States (American Football, Basketball, and Baseball... sorry NASCAR fans):

You have the off season... blah!
    Then you get really hyped up for opening day.
    The jubilation eventually subsides and the regular season starts to get a bit dull.
    Finally the playoffs arrive leading to the "Grand Finale" or the Finals.

This is simply the greatest part of the year when your interest is at it's peak. The mood can be so electric.

During the middle of the off season of Who I rarely find myself wandering over here to Podshock.net. But I would say ever since Human Nature we have been in the Doctor Who "playoffs" and I have been simply riveted since then. Now I can't wait for the final match.

Disclaimer: I'm so sorry for my apparent gushing, I couldn't get this off my mind since I'm from here, San Antoino, TX and our SPURS just happened to win our 4th NBA Championship in 9 years a couple of weeks ago. Again, I am so, so, sorry to all of you who fans who just tuned out to my post. It's just that I'm so passionate about sports just as I am so passionate about Doctor Who and they both give me a certain type of emotional high.

GO SPURS GO!

Esco, "The Bachelor" has regenerated into Bullitt33!!!!

Monday, June 25 2007 @ 03:49 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  The Bachelor]Disclaimer: I'm so sorry for my apparent gushing, I couldn't get this off my mind since I'm from here, San Antoino, TX and our SPURS just happened to win our 4th NBA Championship in 9 years a couple of weeks ago. Again, I am so, so, sorry to all of you who fans who just tuned out to my post. It's just that I'm so passionate about sports just as I am so passionate about Doctor Who and they both give me a certain type of emotional high.
    No apologies necessary...in fact, I think your Spurs example brings to the forefront another parallel with Doctor Who. IMHO, last year's season 2 totally rocked, and this year it seems a bit more mediocre...I guess back-to-back winning seasons is asking a bit much Wink

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, June 25 2007 @ 04:15 PM EDT
    nevermind

http://members.cox.net/rengobnor/ ..... Yahoo messenger -- rengob_nor

Monday, June 25 2007 @ 04:32 PM EDT
    - Also, if Jack's Vortex Mainpulator burned out when he left Satellite 5 and arrived on Earth 150 years ago, then why the heck does he still wear it??? Why not lock it in the Torchwood vault and leave it alone? Answer: A very convenient

-Steve

While I agree fixing it was 'too easy' - they could have used it to locate the Masters Tardis and travelled back in that - but Jack still wears it because it seems to be a multi-function device as he often uses it in Torchwood ie. many of its functions still work.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored