The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'In the Forest of the Night' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 26
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 315 - 'Flatline' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 12th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 313 - 'Kill the Moon' Reviewed
  • The Curse Of The Black Tooth - Spoilers!

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Entrance to the Doctor Who Exhibit
    Entrance to the Doctor Who Exhibit
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  Speculation: Toclafane
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Speculation: Toclafane Views: 6086
     Saturday, June 23 2007 @ 11:19 PM EDT

The anagram that I think will mean the most in the finale is:

A LONE FACT

Though other candidates can be

A FOCAL NET
    AN OLE FACT
    ACT OF ELAN

Well, there will definately be the last one, but will that be the hidden meaning in Toclafane, or is there something completely different.

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Saturday, June 23 2007 @ 11:47 PM EDT
    I don't think there are any clues in the name but in the myth of the Toclafane which we'll proably hear early in the next episode and a link will be drawn between the myth and the race's true identity.

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, June 24 2007 @ 12:59 AM EDT
    Their the race that used to be Deathstar Probedroids!

Seriously, NOT LA FACE

In confidential last week, RTD said we hadn't heard the end of the story of the Face of Boe yet.

How about little baby Boe Faces inside those spheres?

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed are Kings
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, June 24 2007 @ 12:35 PM EDT

By someone on Digital Spy 'Cult' Forum:-

toclafane

foetal can

...as in the Master's children (as he referrs to them) in the episode.

Not a spoiler - just a wild guess:-

They look like tiny Sontarans spacecraft to me - you don't think the Master could have shrunk a whole race do you?

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Sunday, June 24 2007 @ 02:57 PM EDT

The Toclafane are from "Disney's The Black hole"

and after the Doctor is finished with them

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, June 24 2007 @ 10:28 PM EDT
    I think that the only real answer is that they are the "Mysterons."

Seeing as RTD has already stolen most of Gerry Andersons work on on Captain Scarlet.

With the Indestructible Captain Scarlet being played by Captain Jack

Captain Black being played by The Master.

Destiny Angel being played by Mrs Master.

We have even got Cloudbase!

I am just waiting for someone to say @Spectrum is Green!

If they are not the Mysterons they will be the Angels either the Captain Scarlet kind or real ones.

And The Masters wife wants watching..SHe will betray him

Forget the shooty dog thing!

Sunday, June 24 2007 @ 11:08 PM EDT
    Just thinking laterally now, but could the Toclafane be the the minds/spirits of the Humans who make it to Utopia? Just looking for some closure on what happened to the people on the rocket in Episode 11.

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, June 24 2007 @ 11:29 PM EDT
    I would say that would be a pretty good guess; given what the Master has already said to the Doctor

Forget the shooty dog thing!

Monday, June 25 2007 @ 02:40 AM EDT
    For anagrams you could use:

Clan of(and if you use the last three letters as an abrevation you could get) A.T.E,A.E.T,T.E.A.,T.A.E., E.T.A, E.A.T.

Also I don't know if RTD would take something like this from spin off media but I found something intresting when I was looking at the Big Finish audio plays. In the play Neverland it said the Celestial Intervention Agency used something called the Oubliette of Eternity to excute traitors and it would turn them into formless creatures and place them in another dimision of anti-time.

I don't know, just a thought proably nothing.

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, June 25 2007 @ 05:06 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Darkman216] For anagrams you could use:

Clan of(and if you use the last three letters as an abrevation you could get) A.T.E,A.E.T,T.E.A.,T.A.E., E.T.A, E.A.T.

Also I don't know if RTD would take something like this from spin off media but I found something intresting when I was looking at the Big Finish audio plays. In the play Neverland it said the Celestial Intervention Agency used something called the Oubliette of Eternity to excute traitors and it would turn them into formless creatures and place them in another dimision of anti-time.

I don't know, just a thought proably nothing.

I really doubt RTD would take anything from spin-off media but we obviously had a similar idea.

I was just thinking, The Time Lords resurrected the Master as a warrior for a potential time war, aliens that were apparently in Galifreyan children's tales when the Master and The Doctor were both children and apparently the Doctor will be devistated when he finds out who the aliens really are.

My guess is the aliens are disembodied timelords !

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, June 25 2007 @ 01:22 PM EDT
    I don't think they have anything to do with Gallifrey, as the Master seemed unaware of its fate.

I think it's more likely that it has something to do with the humans from the year 100 Trillion. They seemed desperate to escape from something dark and cold, perhaps that something was the death of the universe. Perhaps the Master was the one who sent the signal, "come to Utopia," and Utopia was his TARDIS, which would bring them to the twenty-first century where they could live happily as the Toclafane. That would certainly be a timey-wimey paradox, like "Blink," which is why a Paradox Machine would be involved.

tawm.net: read it. (please?)

Monday, June 25 2007 @ 01:35 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Doctor Whoovie]
    The Toclafane are from "Disney's The Black hole"...and after the Doctor is finished with them...

Dammit! I thought the same thing and went and tracked down the exact same pictures you did. Too bad I didn't bother reading the rest of the thread first. Mr. Green

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, June 25 2007 @ 01:38 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Doctor Whoovie] Just thinking laterally now, but could the Toclafane be the the minds/spirits of the Humans who make it to Utopia? Just looking for some closure on what happened to the people on the rocket in Episode 11.

I posted the same idea in the main episode thread. That maybe they are the humans who "escaped" to Utopia. Or someone else speculated that they are the rest of the Time Lord race, and I built on that saying they could be Time Lords from an alternate universe where they lost the Time War with the Daleks, and the Daleks turned them into slave-bots.

[Quote  by:  Shayne_A]My guess is the aliens are disembodied timelords!

Read further in the thread, and I see you had a similar idea. Smile

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, June 25 2007 @ 06:05 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Doctor Whoovie] Just thinking laterally now, but could the Toclafane be the the minds/spirits of the Humans who make it to Utopia? Just looking for some closure on what happened to the people on the rocket in Episode 11.

I don't know how I missed your comment the first time I was reading through this thread but I suspect this is more likely to be who the aliens are rather than my timelord theory.

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, June 25 2007 @ 07:05 PM EDT

LOL - and here I said I wasn't going to get invested in trying to second-guess this plot point for the finale. Darn it and oh well...

At this point, it's truly got to be one or the other, I think. The "future humans" angle from the rocketship in Utopia makes a lot of sense from one vantage point that ties up that loose end, and yet so does the resurrection of the Time Lords, ala "the children who ran away," as mentioned in the Gallifrey flashback last week.

Still, you know how these things are. It could still be a dreaded Dalek/Cybermen offshoot - but I highly doubt it. What would be really interesting is if it truly turns out to be none of the above! But again - I highly doubt it. The aforementioned frontrunners seem to be a safe bet, either way. Still, you just never know... it is Doctor Who, after all. Big Grin

Human Biological Metacrisis = Bite Me, RTD.
      Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored