The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Yet Another Promo for the 2014 Doctor Who Christmas Special - Last Christmas
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 319 - The 2014 Series of Doctor Who Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Daleks Invade Manchester:- Dalek Picture 33
    Daleks Invade Manchester:- Dalek Picture 33
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  S3-Ep 13 'Last of the Time Lords'
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    S3-Ep 13 'Last of the Time Lords' Views: 16305
     Wednesday, September 26 2007 @ 02:01 PM EDT

Yeah, I am not sure if I buy the whole concept that Jack and the Face are one and the same yet either.

As already stated, they don't even seem like the same species.

Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Wednesday, September 26 2007 @ 03:00 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]As already stated, they don't even seem like the same species.
    When 5 billion years old you reach, look as good you will not, hmmm?

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, October 06 2007 @ 11:28 AM EDT
    FWIW I was expecting much worse than the finale offered up.

A curse, I suppose, in listening to the podshocks when they come out (not in conjunction with the US showing) and having half recalled bits of audio floating around the old brain.

The first two eps of the finale were edge of the seat for my wife and I, but I poked around the web for comments on The Last of the Time Lords and found a lot of disatisfaction. I was expecting I guess a parody, more than a finale. Thirty years ago everyone would have been happy, period. But we have higher expectations.

In light of that, I would say it was all very satisfactory. Not the best of new or old series arcs, but okay.

Sorry to see Martha step away, but anticipate her future return. I do dread the return of the bride next season, but then we won't know if it will be any good till we see it.

And re: Jack, I'm wondering if this might not be a red herring tucked away for use a season or two downstream.

If I have one gripe, it isn't about the show, but the Sci-Fi channel's presentation. Everyone knows that they stick a ton of commercials in, but this season it seems they've been placing them right in the middle of action or story points, not commercial blocs. It really broke up the flow of several of the stories for me.

Regards,

TardisOverlord

TardisOverlord
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, October 08 2007 @ 06:26 PM EDT
    I agree about the commercials. I watched it with a friend (who hadn't done the redeye). I had told said friend about all my favorite parts of this episode. Very few of them were actually IN the episode. I did a lot of "wait --- that's not how it happened!" and "no! Mrs. Jones had the gun, there was this big speech and everything!" not the best way to watch it.

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, October 08 2007 @ 06:32 PM EDT
    I actually enjoyed the re-edit more than the original long version. By removing the song at the beginning and removing Mrs. Jones with the gun, among other things, I thought that the episode was a lot tighter and a bit more gripping and action oriented than the slightly meandering quality I felt when watching the original broadcast.

-Derek

Tuesday, October 09 2007 @ 09:51 AM EDT
    Unfortunately, I'm not even encouraging my friend to watch the sci.Fi. network because of all the things edited out. I've been buying the seasons and he's been waiting for me to buy each one. I hate how things are edited out, and all the commercials. As long as it's on DVD, I'm not worried about watching it on SFNetwork. Of course, I've always had beef with the network.

I'm surprised Flash Gordon is as good as it is, IMHO.

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, October 09 2007 @ 09:57 AM EDT
    oh, I didn't miss the song in the beginning, but I missed the close up on Mrs. Saxon's battered face (which explained why she might have joined in the chanting of "Doctor!" at the end as well as why she might have shot him), I missed the "wife of the day", I missed the conversations Martha had with the cute doctor/resistance fighter that picked her up on the beach -- and the fact that she called him once the paradox had ended to see if he was at the hospital just where he said he had been, and I missed -- well, the list goes on. But yes, I did not miss the song at the beginning.

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, October 12 2007 @ 09:48 PM EDT
    i felt that they ruined the master.

he's not supposed to be wacky!

is he?

"Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, October 12 2007 @ 09:53 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Justice] i felt that they ruined the master.

is he?

I really liked The Master. Remember, this is the first time we have ever seen The Master regenerate. All previous portrayals of The Master were of the Roger Delgado incarnation (even though the role was played by four different people). Utopia was the first regeneration ever for The Master in the history of Doctor Who, and, as we know from watching The Doctor's regenerations, regenerations can be very different from the previous incarnation.

-Derek

Sunday, October 14 2007 @ 07:58 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Justice] i felt that they ruined the master.

is he?

I've not read through this thread for a while, but I remember Daveac getting quite animated with the exact same point!

ALthough it was a bit of a change, I thought it was a fantastic portrayal. It was (a word I despise) wacky - but evil with it. Almost like Batman's Joker.

Watching the Confidential that followed this episode, it was clearly a RTD directive to take The Master down this route, and I (for one at least) thought it REALLY worked.

Nothing dies of old age on Skaro!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, October 14 2007 @ 08:20 AM EDT
    I haven't really been following this thread for a while either but here goes.....

In one of the Confidentials ( at least I think it was in one of the confidentials ) I remember RTD saying that when the Doctor regenerated from his 9th to 10th incarnation a part of his personality came from Rose, he sort of locked onto her as the nearest person.

When the Master regenerated he'd only just recovered everything that made him what he was, his memories and personality, while all of that is going on he is shot and regenerates rewriting not only his physical form but his persona as well and the Doctor was the nearest living person for him to 'lock' onto and lets face it at times the Doctor isn't entirely stable.

So for the next couple of episodes The Master is a bit of a basket case having suffered a pretty extreme trauma, I think that was fair enough but I think they probably took it a bit too far, The Master has always been portrayed as a character of extreme willpower so if he returned to the series I'd expect him to have recovered somewhat and be a bit more like the traditional Master we all know and love.

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, April 15 2008 @ 03:02 PM EDT

BBC America | Audio Commentary

Get the commentary missing from the region 1 DVDs due to rights issues on the BBC America web site. For a limited time only!!!

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored