The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 307 - 'Deep Breath' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Deep Breath? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Into the Dalek' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 31st
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Deep Breath' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 24th
  • BBC One 'Deep Breath' Promotional Advertisement Video [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 306 - Interviews with Ian Marter and Sarah Sutton
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Oh my!
    Oh my!
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  Time Crash
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Time Crash Views: 6503
     Sunday, November 18 2007 @ 12:05 AM EST
    i hope there will be more doctor cross overs.

i guess i'll be watching time crash on youtube.

"Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, November 18 2007 @ 12:07 AM EST
    Well that was lovely.

You could really tell Tenant wasn't acting during the last part. "You were MY Doctor."

Well he was MY Doctor too. I started with Baker, watched all of his, and when Davison came around, he made such a refreshing change that he really became MY Doctor.

Nothing against any other Doctor, it's just that Davison hit a nerve with me, and some of his melancholy at the harshness of the universe rubbed off on me. No longer was the Doctor all smiling teeth and cockyness - now he was contemplative and when things went wrong he felt sorry. He felt the universe, he didn't just skip over it.

This was a great episode to see. Still the whole "Oh, you're a fan" thing was a bit meta-humorish, as was the "You've changed the desktop theme", but funny nonetheless.

Now the question is, when they re-air the final episode of last season, will THIS be the end, or will it be the other end, without Davison? I think it should be THIS end, but hey, that's not likely is it?

Last year's injected itself at the right time. This one inserted itself into something we've already seen, and I'm thinking they shouldn't have done that.

They should have started with the collision with the Titanic, and then have Davison appear and try to rectify the situation. That would have kept continuity up better.

But hey, who's complaining? I loved it.

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Sunday, November 18 2007 @ 01:31 AM EST
    Five, "To days to come."
    Ten, "All my love to long ago."

You know that had an air of formality about it. Could that be a Timelord greeting/farewell?

If not can they retcon it into that? WinkBig Grin

-cs™

http://twitter.com/Smittmaestro
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, November 18 2007 @ 02:50 PM EST
    I agree that this gets even better on the second viewing, the first viewing is pure fanwank (sorry for being crude) and the next time (and time after that) you can enjoy what you know is there. It's great how many magic moments Moffat has crammed in, my wife isn't a fan of the classic series and she loved it too.

I reckon this mini-episode could be a good one to introduce New-Who fans to the classic series.

He's the strongest, he's the quickest, he's the best..... "Yorkshire is a state of mind"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, November 18 2007 @ 07:52 PM EST
    Pretty cool. I agree the continuity seems a little out of whack with the Titanic crash AFTER Davison leaves, but this is such a wonderful moment for the new series, that I'm willing to look past that.

How could it have been better, apart from getting a full multi-Doctor episode or two during the regular series? Imagine the roles are reversed, and Tennant ends up in Davison's classic series Tardis...oh my!

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, November 18 2007 @ 09:20 PM EST
    Wow. Just for a quick episode, they could bring back Tegan, Nyssa and even Adric.

I know I'd be in fan heaven!

Sean.

Sunday, November 18 2007 @ 10:49 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  sgb1975] Pretty cool. I agree the continuity seems a little out of whack with the Titanic crash AFTER Davison leaves, but this is such a wonderful moment for the new series, that I'm willing to look past that.

How could it have been better, apart from getting a full multi-Doctor episode or two during the regular series? Imagine the roles are reversed, and Tennant ends up in Davison's classic series Tardis...oh my!

Maybe the whole time crash affair didn't actually last for any amount of time to an outside observer and the Children in Need version was from the perspective of the Doctor? Sorry, it's the best I can come up with. Mr. Green

I'm also four pages into the Outpost Gallifrey thread on the "beard joke" and it's killing me. Big Grin

I really did love the special. If I had to pick who MY Doctor would be, it would probably be Tom Baker (shown on WTTW in Chicago in the early- to mid-80s) but I really enjoyed Davison and grew to love Pertwee as time went on.

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, November 19 2007 @ 01:12 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  sgb1975] Pretty cool. I agree the continuity seems a little out of whack with the Titanic crash AFTER Davison leaves, but this is such a wonderful moment for the new series, that I'm willing to look past that.

Yes! I like that. I would love to see the classic Tardis used again.

P.S. It is of course possible that this message is a trap. If it is I can deal with it. P.P.S. I'm leaving this note in case I can't!

Monday, November 19 2007 @ 07:02 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Linquel]

I'm also four pages into the Outpost Gallifrey thread on the "beard joke" and it's killing me. Big Grin

After finding it and reading only the first page I'm amused to be so thoroughly reminded how people can willingly miss the point so completely, so they can continue to live in the world they pretend daily exists - the one without those icky things that make them squirm when they think about them. :-)

"It could just mean he has a wife. The Doctor was asking about one thing and the Doctor said 'oh, and there's this other thing'"

Like he'd say "No he hasn't got a beard... well, a three-car garage..."

LOL!

Sean.

Tuesday, November 20 2007 @ 09:06 AM EST
    (would have replied right after this showed, but the hotel I was at in London wanted the equivalent of $38/day for internet access)

I loved this. I simply teared up when 10 said, "you were MY Doctor." But then started overthinking it. I'm sure I've seen David in interviews saying Tom Baker was his Doctor. Perhaps I haven't remembered that accurately.

AFTER I finished overthinking the situation, my next thought was - It's Not Enough! I want MORE, please!

Now, I'll have to acquire it for my collection!

(by the way, compared to the other CiN specials this WAS brilliant! The Hotel Babylon seemed to fall like deadweight on the audience and Robin Hood's special left much to be desired as well. WAY too much Spice Girls from LA, not enough John Barrowman, and way too much Fearne for me!)

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, November 21 2007 @ 01:14 PM EST
    To bad they can't do an episode with Paul McGann, Peter Davidson, Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant with the name of the Four Doctors. That would at least complete a set of 'Doctor' titles.
    The One Doctor (Big Finish)
    The Two Doctors
    The Three Doctors
    The Four Doctors
    and The Five Doctors

Yea, I know it's not going to happen, I just thought it was an amusing idea.

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, November 23 2007 @ 02:52 AM EST
    This weeks show is all about time crash

Happy Birthday Doctor Who!

Click here to download this weeks show

Guest Host on the WHOCAST

Friday, November 23 2007 @ 09:19 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  jeffreysg] To bad they can't do an episode with Paul McGann, Peter Davidson, Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant with the name of the Four Doctors. That would at least complete a set of 'Doctor' titles.
    The Two Doctors
    The Three Doctors
    The Four Doctors
    and The Five Doctors

Wouldn't it be great if on Nov 23rd 2008, a Seven Doctor (Tennant, Eccleston, McGann, McCoy, Baker C, Davison, Baker T)special could be broadcast for the 45th Aniversary. Even if the older members were non-doctor characters, or voice-only parts. It could be a tribute to Verity, JNT and all the others who have departed recently but were integral parts of the Who universe.

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed are Kings
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, November 25 2007 @ 09:28 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  mad4plaid] I'm sure I've seen David in interviews saying Tom Baker was his Doctor. Perhaps I haven't remembered that accurately.

On the 10TH Doctor At The BBC CD he definitely said he started watching in the days of Tom Baker - but also goes onto mention that he stayed with and also enjoyed Doctor # 5.

Nothing dies of old age on Skaro!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, November 25 2007 @ 11:07 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  jeffreysg] To bad they can't do an episode with Paul McGann, Peter Davidson, Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant with the name of the Four Doctors. That would at least complete a set of 'Doctor' titles.
    The Two Doctors
    The Three Doctors
    The Four Doctors
    and The Five Doctors

I think Big Finish has the best chance of pulling off "The Four Doctors"; and they did something akin to this with Zagreus, as they had four 'Doctors' involved in the project.

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored