The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 12th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 313 - 'Kill the Moon' Reviewed
  • The Curse Of The Black Tooth - Spoilers!
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Kill The Moon? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Kill The Moon' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 5th

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Noel Clarke
    Noel Clarke
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  S4 EP1: Partners in Crime [Spoilers]
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    S4 EP1: Partners in Crime [Spoilers] Views: 8677
     Monday, April 07 2008 @ 10:16 AM EDT
    screen cap and light blast of the sign on the cab

loos like AS mos

no idea what that would be

Guest Host on the WHOCAST
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Monday, April 07 2008 @ 10:21 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Tin Dog Podcast] screen cap and light blast of the sign on the cab

loos like AS mos

Didn't notice it - but it looks more like a 'T' than an 'S' - ATMOS

cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Monday, April 07 2008 @ 11:23 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  BongMong] I wonder if the Doctor will recognise Bernard Cribbins from his adventures during the Dalek Invasion of Earth? He is a lot older now. Perhaps he told Donna all about it, or perhaps he's keeping it to himself?

Looking forward to some links with Bernard's history with the Doctor, perhaps when the Daleks show up?

Bernard Cribbins was in one of the movie adaptations and those aren't considered canon, so technically, he never met the Doctor.

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, April 07 2008 @ 11:26 AM EDT
    random theory to be shot down 1

ATMOS is a bio fuel... and its also the reason the Bees have fanished...

random theory to be shot down 2

The Adipose are reall young sontarans! (No neck.. right number of fingers!

I can see why this last one is totaly silly but fun

Monday, April 07 2008 @ 11:38 AM EDT

PROOF!

Monday, April 07 2008 @ 11:52 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]

loos like AS mos

Orrrr....

It's an anagram of TOMAS, the Spanish human covert leader of the Sontaran/Dalek Thay team up to battle the threat of the adult Adipose?

Is it significant? Or is it just a theory that this A-TMOS will show up again?

Didn't notice it - but it looks more like a 'T' than an 'S' - ATMOS

cheers, daveac

Drink
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, April 07 2008 @ 11:55 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  seanhuxter] Had she never gone to Raxicoricofallipatorius? She's just not trying, is she?

They're made of calcium, not fat... Wink

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Monday, April 07 2008 @ 02:50 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  mad4plaid]

Sorry - don't want to start any rumors. This is COMPLETELY WISHFUL THINKING on my side. I was never a fan of Rose, and at this point, I'm quite put out they are bringing her back. So, by hoping she's evil incarnate, I'm trying to make it acceptable in my mind.

I'll put this in spoiler disguise so as to lend it an air of authenticity:

But don't you think she might be The Rani? wouldn't be the first time a timelady stole her look off somebody else... and you know, *strictly* speaking she's not a "timeLORD" so no problem with that "last of the timelords" stuff - hmmmMMM maaaybe... just... maybe...

If Worzel Gummidge and the Third Doctor had a fist fight - who would win?

Monday, April 07 2008 @ 04:11 PM EDT

A fun opener, but no classic, that's for sure. I enjoyed it, though.

Still think last year's "Smith and Jones" rates as the best "season launcher" thus far. "Partners in Crime" felt a little lighter - more of a warm-up to bigger and better things, which as many know, are coming soon.

I do think Catherine Tate was great though - she was even better here than in "Runaway Bride," IMO. I think she might just surprise us all before these 13 weeks are said and done. And as usual, the magnificent Tennant proves he can transcend some spotty writing by RTD to make the Doctor as infallible as ever - such a treat. Big Grin

Didn't expect Rose so soon! Not sure how I feel about it yet - depends on how it's handled in the coming weeks - something tells me she'll be absent for the next 2, but might pop up again for the Sontaran 2-parter.

As for the notorious taxi driver "easter egg" that's stirring up some excitement, I too noticed the "ATMOS" decal down to the left, but certainly got far more intrigued with the bookended symbol on the taxi driver's sign up top, as the camera moved to it and it lit up. Considering the rumors for the end of this season, that indicated a lot, in my estimation. I could be way off, though. But anyway, invisotext, for those who dare subscribe to my giddy insanity: Bookending handicapped wheelchair insignias = Davros!

Anyhow, a fun episode, but I expect far greater things from the next 4 weeks, and beyond. I also hope I shall not be disappointed. Mr. Green

Human Biological Metacrisis = Bite Me, RTD.
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, April 07 2008 @ 04:18 PM EDT
    can I delete this message?

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, April 07 2008 @ 04:32 PM EDT
    First of all I'm very critical of DW but I do love it to death. I don't think this story was as bad as New Earth but it wasn't as okay as Smith and Jones. Donna was toned down but I always liked the character. Runaway Bride was a bit of a huge let down except for the car chase and her leaving the Doctor scene. I don't think RTD is funny in this. His "comedy" is not funny and one can tell that he thinks it is. It's not. The plot is threadbare and has been done to death in other shows and even in DW. I was a little taken aback by the fat stuff and somewhat offended by it in a way. I don't think the "monsters" are scary this time around, just silly looking. I also find the DW universe in this new series to be a bit...I dunno...without secrets. Aliens spaceships appear regularly over the skies and that seems to take a bit of the fun out of the show. Everyone in this universe should now know about aliens. I'm also so sick of everyone pining away for the Doctor. It's overkill and it's been done to death and better in DOOMSDAY. Big Earth in danger stories have/had their place and the finales of both season one and two were excellent but...l'ets move on now. The Master storyline from last year was one of the worst this new series had. It was then reset but I won't go into that now...PARTnERS IN CRIME just sorta is. It's all been done before and better. It seems to shrink DW for me. It wasn't bad but it wasn't overly good either. Frankly, I don't think RTD should write ANY more DW. I'm not even sure he should be producer any longer. It's hard to imagine the man who wrote QUEER AS FOLK (UK) having written this. I hope DW gets better. THe other thing is the Rose bit. First, I loved Rose's leaving scene in DD and I don't think it should be revoked. The end scene here makes no sense...Rose doesn't even do as DOnna requested...and while on that, what was that request about anyway? And poor Rose, like Sarah Jane, she's found no life after the Doctor...they just can't move on and get over him. ANd...oh, it makes me sick!!!! Some of the Donna character stuff was okay but most of it falls flat as if it's just someone writing something they think is funny. I don't get a real sense of real people as I did with Rose, Jackie, Mickey, Rose's dad, etc...I find that now it's a show that's done b the numbers. Even Capt Jack now seems like a gimmick rather than an interesting character. If the end of the season rumors can be believed, it is going to be one cartoony, return by all nonsense. I say again: I hope it gets better.

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, April 07 2008 @ 04:46 PM EDT

loos like AS mos

Looks like "Atmos" to me. That'd be my local gas company, except the logo is wrong. Big Grin

"There's room for one more..."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, April 07 2008 @ 04:55 PM EDT
    While I'm on it, and while I admit I love Tennant as the Doctor, I think it's time for a new Doctor. I don't think David does a great job when trying to be forceful or commanding. He does a great job in emotional situations (and he's acted wonderfully , probably better than any actor playing the Doctor could do)in HUMAN NATURE and the sequel, GIRL IN THE FIREPLACE, DOOMSDAY, and many others. But he just doesn't seem to be commanding enough for me, or ...he really sucks in the screaming sequences (his screeching MARTHA in 42 is particularly bad). I'd like to see someone like Patrick Steward take over as Doctor...or maybe the Sir Guy guy from RObin Hood. But tha't's just me.

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, April 07 2008 @ 05:46 PM EDT

Well, those praising Catherine Tate's performance should realize that this was (I believe) the thrid episode she filmed. The Ood and Agatha Christie episodes comprised the first block after the Christmas special (in which she did not appear).

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Monday, April 07 2008 @ 09:27 PM EDT
    Magpie --

Your theory whited out above is not just totally acceptable to me, but also a way that I'd love to see it happen!!! Wouldn't that be the best? Satisfy two portions of fans at the same time!

RE: the confidentials. I love them. That needs to be stated, but goodness! They last as long as the show itself. As I watched on Sunday morning (lovely wood fire, a nice Bordeaux - yes, on Sunday morning - and snow coming down), I just kept thinking: God, they are a little bit full of themselves, aren't they? A show about the show lasts as long as the show? Ugg. But yes. I'll watch every single one of them.

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed