The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Yet Another Promo for the 2014 Doctor Who Christmas Special - Last Christmas
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 319 - The 2014 Series of Doctor Who Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Daleks Invade Manchester:- Dalek Picture 36
    Daleks Invade Manchester:- Dalek Picture 36
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  S4 EP1: Partners in Crime [Spoilers]
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    S4 EP1: Partners in Crime [Spoilers] Views: 8851
     Tuesday, April 08 2008 @ 08:40 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac] Well on Digital Spy 'WillowFae' posted a link to 'how to make your own Adipose:-

here

So ExtermaKnitter get knitting!

Cheers, daveac

Hokey Smoke! Cassandra made me piddle with laughter!

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, April 08 2008 @ 09:05 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac] Well on Digital Spy 'WillowFae' posted a link to 'how to make your own Adipose:-

here

So ExtermaKnitter get knitting!

Cheers, daveac

I've already asked her to knit me one. Smile She's going to make me start knitting my own stuff at some pointwith all my who requests, but those Adipose are too cute not to have a little knit buddy.

http://themedusacascadegazette.blogspot.com/
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, April 08 2008 @ 09:11 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Shayne_A] Well I'd always assumed that there were two Jacks at that time although the Jack that was running TORCHWOOD at that time may have made a point of being elsewhere around the time Boomtown takes place so as to not endanger the timeline.

I was quite aware that season 2 delves into Jack's backstory a bit and establishes that Jack had been involved with TORCHWOOD for quite some time ( so far I've only watched the first 5 episodes of season 2 ), what I was curious about was if he just used the identity of Captain Jack Harkness or if he used different identities over the years to try and hide the fact he is basically immortal or if the powers that be within TORCHWOOD knew who and what he was.

I guess there were also two Jacks during World War II including the events of The Empty Child / The Doctor Dances.

I never really thought about the Jack duplication much before, but you're right he would have been around during the EC/DD story, too. I don't remember much about the Torchwood series 1 story where they flash back to Jack around WW1. Was he going by Jack Harkness in that ep?

I also apologize for derailing this Partners in Crime thread into Torchwood territory. To slowly work it back into Doctor Who and other discussions in this thread, is there any reason why Jack couldn't have met up with the 3rd Doctor when he was stranded on Earth and working with UNIT? I know Jack said something like he waited around for a version of the Doctor that coincided with him, but why would that have been necessary? I mean, the Doctor is obviously familiar with the wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff. Eek!

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, April 08 2008 @ 09:31 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Linquel]
    [Quote  by:  Shayne_A] Well I'd always assumed that there were two Jacks at that time although the Jack that was running TORCHWOOD at that time may have made a point of being elsewhere around the time Boomtown takes place so as to not endanger the timeline.

I was quite aware that season 2 delves into Jack's backstory a bit and establishes that Jack had been involved with TORCHWOOD for quite some time ( so far I've only watched the first 5 episodes of season 2 ), what I was curious about was if he just used the identity of Captain Jack Harkness or if he used different identities over the years to try and hide the fact he is basically immortal or if the powers that be within TORCHWOOD knew who and what he was.

I guess there were also two Jacks during World War II including the events of The Empty Child / The Doctor Dances.

I never really thought about the Jack duplication much before, but you're right he would have been around during the EC/DD story, too. I don't remember much about the Torchwood series 1 story where they flash back to Jack around WW1. Was he going by Jack Harkness in that ep?

I also apologize for derailing this Partners in Crime thread into Torchwood territory. To slowly work it back into Doctor Who and other discussions in this thread, is there any reason why Jack couldn't have met up with the 3rd Doctor when he was stranded on Earth and working with UNIT? I know Jack said something like he waited around for a version of the Doctor that coincided with him, but why would that have been necessary? I mean, the Doctor is obviously familiar with the wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff. Eek!

Well the first incarnation of The Doctor Jack met was the 9th but as far as he knew it was the first and I don't recall the Doctor telling him otherwise so it may have never occurred to him that Doctor John Smith was in fact The Doctor - that's assuming he has any access to UNIT information and personel details.

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, April 08 2008 @ 11:22 PM EDT
    Quickly posting my throughts here... since I was quite late in watching this story due to my attending a convention in Brisbane.

I liked the story quite a bit, it wasn't fantastic but it wasn't horrible either.
    The whole thing was enjoyable for me, especially the scenes of dialogue between The Doctor and Donna, especially the scene at the end in the alley way with the bags, inside the computer cardboard, and the mime stuff was just gold.
    I find that's always RTD's stength is character moments, sometimes his stories as a whole can suffer sometimes, but the character moments are always great.
    Only niggle I had was the Doctor and Donna just missing eachother scene which I throught was slightly overdone.

I liked the Adipose, wasn't quite sure about how cute they were, but I liked them all the same. (enough to want a plushie one if they come out)

Donna was great, I've always told people she would be, and Bernard Cribbins was fantastic.
    I didn't find the waving scene at the end as cheesy as some have, I in fact loved it.

I did have an out loud 'oh my god it's Rose' moment, and knew it was her even before she turned her head around.
    Quite interesting she got put in so early on, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

And I think that's all I can think of, a steady 4/5 for me.

bye bye david :(
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Wednesday, April 09 2008 @ 04:24 AM EDT
    My predictions for story arks

Predicted story arks

1) Atmos ???
    2) The Bees have vanished
    3) The loss of the Breeding planet.
    4) Donnas Grandad

Guest Host on the WHOCAST

Wednesday, April 09 2008 @ 01:57 PM EDT
    3.5/5 for me. I agree that the characterisation was superb. Donna Noble could be the best thing that has happned to Doctor Who since Rose Tyler (if handled sensitively. The story itself was a little weak (sorry, I have found that to be the case with most of RTD's first episodes). But often they have been the vehicles to set the groundwork for the rest of the series and we know how our patience has been rewarded so far in each series (even last year's finale was much, much better the second time I watched it - does anybody else find that about RTD's episodes?).

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, April 09 2008 @ 02:12 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Linquel]I also apologize for derailing this Partners in Crime thread into Torchwood territory . . .
    Hardly a need to apologize. The question of where, when and how many Jacks there are is a fascinating one. I've started a new thread with the bulk of this discussion at the top. Just click through to go to a Fistful of Jacks.

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." — JNT, 1986

Wednesday, April 09 2008 @ 11:38 PM EDT
    Ok. To make up for my part in hijacking this thread, here's something that cracked me up tonight. I happened to watch the X-Files episode 2SHY just now...

MULDER: In the results of your chemical analysis did you find anything missing?

SCULLY: (looks at him strangely) Missing?

MULDER: Yeah.

SCULLY: I don’t think so. (looks at chart) All the body tissues were accounted for …. except there were extremely low almost trace amounts of adipose.

MULDER: Fatty tissue. That could explain the weight discrepancy.

SCULLY: What weight discrepancy?

MULDER: The ME recorded Lauren’s weight at 122 but her driver’s license had her at 165.

...and later...

SCULLY: From a dry skin sample you’re concluding what? That he’s some kind of fat-sucking vampire?

MULDER: I don’t know how else to explain MacKalvey’s missing adipose. And I bet if you checked the Aberdeen victims you’d find exactly the same thing. This killer secretes a digestive substance which renders the victims fat…

SCULLY: ....which he ingests before the rest of the body dissolves entirely.

Mr. Green

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, April 10 2008 @ 04:16 PM EDT
    I would certainly like to watch the episode a second, even third time(uninterrupted), but I've been unable to have the time to devote this week.

From what I saw, it was fun to see the Doctor and Donna team up again. At times, it was a bit too much a la Smith and Jones dialog, and Catherine Tate was still a bit annoying. She did tame down the character enough to shrug off the embellishments.

I loved the "42" glass shouting scene and the new gadgets. David running around the streets.....I'm still a fangirl so do the math. (New look + New Gadgets + "To Mate" = drooooool)

I'll give this one a 3/5. I liked it much!

*waves hello*

"WOT?...WOT?" "WOT??????!!!!!" OUT!OUT!OUT!

Thursday, April 10 2008 @ 04:20 PM EDT
    I ment "a mate"

*goes back into gutters*

"WOT?...WOT?" "WOT??????!!!!!" OUT!OUT!OUT!

Thursday, April 10 2008 @ 04:24 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  lonelyangel10] I loved the "42" glass shouting scene

I also picked that up as a parallel to the escape pod sequence in 42.

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Thursday, April 10 2008 @ 05:14 PM EDT
    I watched this again this evening, and 3 things struck me (even more so than after the 1st watch and my initial post)....

Catherine Tate was great. Opinions abound and everyone is entitled to their own, but personally speaking I've not got a lot of time for the she's rubbish views (which do seem to have died off a bit in fairness). The seemingly fullscale horror with which her companionship announcement was greeted was (to me at least) quite unjust. These boards went mental and nearly everyone was on her case.

Sarah Lancashire was really great too. I don't do (and can truthfully say I've never done) Corrie, but such was her impact on the national psyche as a skitzy, yellow and pink polka dotted pin up, it was difficult to avoid her - and until Saturday & (more so) tonight, I don't think I've appreciated what a good actress she is. Her lines in this episode were delivered so well, with the perfect blend of classy (se*xy) authority and complete bloody menace. She was excellent.

Lastly; I thought the Adipose escaping CGI was rubbish. Simple as that really.

Nothing dies of old age on Skaro!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, April 10 2008 @ 05:44 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Tardis-Knight]

Aww! but they were so cuuute! Only, they could have had some more snaggle-tooth variation I thought, rather than just all have their snaggle-tooth in the same spot.

If Worzel Gummidge and the Third Doctor had a fist fight - who would win?

Thursday, April 10 2008 @ 06:12 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    [Quote  by:  Magpie]
    [Quote  by:  Tardis-Knight]

Aww! but they were so cuuute! Only, they could have had some more snaggle-tooth variation I thought, rather than just all have their snaggle-tooth in the same spot.

Question When are the plush versions coming out? Question

EDIT: It looks like the pre-post furum bug has hit this thread...—Taras

I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled Smile at least I know what I want in my stocking next year Wink

If Worzel Gummidge and the Third Doctor had a fist fight - who would win?

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored