The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Mark of the Rani? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 301 - 'The Mark of the Rani' is Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Featured in Podcastrovalva
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 300 - The Passing of Kate O'Mara, Interviews with Mary Tamm and Janet Fielding
  • NASA New Spacesuit Z-2 Dominates
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 299 - 'The Web of Fear' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 298 - 'The Enemy of the World' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Emma Campbell-Jones joins the L.I. Who 2 line up "Best news all day"
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 297 - Classic Interview with Colin Baker, News, Feedback, and More
  • How do you rate the Matt Smith era of Doctor Who? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Daleks Invade Manchester:- Dalek Picture 22
    Daleks Invade Manchester:- Dalek Picture 22
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  Eurovision Song Contest
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Eurovision Song Contest Views: 2288
     Thursday, May 15 2008 @ 06:14 PM EDT
    POlitical VOting?!?! You mean there are sinister undercurrents in Eurovision!?!?!

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

(just kidding. I know, I know)

If Worzel Gummidge and the Third Doctor had a fist fight - who would win?
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Thursday, May 15 2008 @ 08:59 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Idiom] I personally believe that it is all the same issue - not having an adequate or regular timeslot.
    OK, I can understand one or two disruptions due to the Eurovision (-ish but surely the home for such kitsch, cult viewing is now BBC 2) but certainly not British sports events considering that a huge amount of BBC 1 scheduling is turned over to sports on a Saturday and is usually scheduled for much earlier on anyway.
    Now we arrive at 5 weeks before we even reach the Eurovision Song Contest and we find the show jumping around in the time slot to the point where many people that I know have missed the beginning on more than one occasion.
    I hear what you are saying about disruptions due to events of public interest (the BBC is there to cater soley to this after all). However, I remain to be convince about which events have forced this movement so far this year.

Fair enough it's more than is desirable. Of course all of the other Saturday shows have been subjected to similar variations so it's not as though Doctor Who is being singled out.

Other than being a small annoyance and something for fans to talk about I don't think it's had any major effect on ratings. I think consistently being broadcast before rather than after 7pm has had more of an effect, although still quite a small one, on ratings.

Mike

"There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, May 15 2008 @ 11:51 PM EDT
    just stay in that night and listen to Big Finish #39 "Bang-Bang-A-Boom", the Doctor Who-o-vision Song Contest.

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed are Kings
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, May 16 2008 @ 09:38 AM EDT
    Did anyone read the very funny story that emerged last week that General Franco fixed the 1968 Eurovision so that Spain would win & it stopped Cliff Richard from winning with "Congratulations" He may have been a dictator & a tyrant but at least he did one thing right !

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, May 16 2008 @ 12:59 PM EDT
    Yes, there was a bit on the News Quiz last week about Franco. they said that in a time of real political activism in popular music with artists such as John Lennon and Bob Dylan, who was Franco afraid of? Cliff Richard!
    Still, it's managed to scupper Doctor Who again this year!

[sulky face + evil eyes!]

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, May 16 2008 @ 05:24 PM EDT

I suppose next Sunday (not tomorrow) Louis could take that week with no new Dr Who here in the UK - to have the US review of what will be Episode 5 I think - on the Sunday rather then having to do an extra podcast on the Saturday.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Friday, May 16 2008 @ 07:05 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    I suppose next Sunday (not tomorrow) Louis could take that week with no new Dr Who here in the UK - to have the US review of what will be Episode 5 I think - on the Sunday rather then having to do an extra podcast on the Saturday.

Cheers, daveac

No SciFi (US) broadcast either... He can work on post!!! yea!!!! or a JumpPod, or something... the man is always busy!

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Friday, May 16 2008 @ 11:35 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]

Cheers, daveac

No SciFi (US) broadcast either... He can work on post!!! yea!!!! or a JumpPod, or something... the man is always busy!

I am confused... Is Doctor Who being postponed a week? I thought it was just being scheduled for the same day?

Which week?

Is the Sci-Fi Channel doing the same on the same week? Is it this week?

I didn't schedule a Sci-Fi live show this week.. Was there one on tonight?

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Friday, May 16 2008 @ 11:46 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]

Cheers, daveac

I am confused... Is Doctor Who being postponed a week? I thought it was just being scheduled for the same day?

Which week?

Is the Sci-Fi Channel doing the same on the same week? Is it this week?

I didn't schedule a Sci-Fi live show this week.. Was there one on tonight?

Cheers,
    Louis

"The Sontaran Stratagem" was on tonight on Sci-Fi. Sci-Fi is not airing a new Doctor Who next week on 23 May, but will air "The Poison Sky" on 30 May.

Unless I am mistaken, "the Unicorn and the Wasp" is airing on BBC tomorrow, with a break next week (24 May).

Did you say "74,384,338 to 1 against"? That's my lucky number!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, May 16 2008 @ 11:53 PM EDT

No Doctor Who on May 23 (SciFi US) and May 24 (BBC one UK).

Saturday, May 17 2008 @ 06:49 AM EDT
    Congratulations and celeb-

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

AAAAhhhhhhhhh!

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, May 17 2008 @ 08:40 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  rocko]
    "The Sontaran Stratagem" was on tonight on Sci-Fi. Sci-Fi is not airing a new Doctor Who next week on 23 May, but will air "The Poison Sky" on 30 May.

Unless I am mistaken, "the Unicorn and the Wasp" is airing on BBC tomorrow, with a break next week (24 May).

So Louis we could just have the Sunday podcast as usual this weekend with no Saturday podcast - and then next weekend - not have two podcasts (Saturday US and Sunday UK) but use the Sunday slot (next week) for the "The Sontaran Stratagem" (US viewing)

Perhaps you can post in the PodShock thread?

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Saturday, May 17 2008 @ 12:03 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  rocko]

So Louis we could just have the Sunday podcast as usual this weekend with no Saturday podcast - and then next weekend - not have two podcasts (Saturday US and Sunday UK) but use the Sunday slot (next week) for the "The Sontaran Stratagem" (US viewing)

Perhaps you can post in the PodShock thread?

Cheers, daveac

That's an idea... I will give it some thought.

Cheers,
    Louis

Saturday, May 17 2008 @ 12:07 PM EDT

I think another reason why it may have been hard to draw in the Sci-Fi Channel audience to the Saturday live shows is not only because of the fact that is Saturday morning everywhere in the US except the east coast, but the fact that I bet many Sci-Fi Channel viewers don't watch it live on Friday nights. I bet a good deal will PVR it and watch it at a later time.

I still have yet to watch the last two BSG episodes which are on my TiVo. I will catch up with it when I can. Perhaps it is that sort of thing at play here as well with DW.

Cheers,
    Louis

Saturday, May 17 2008 @ 01:31 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis] I still have yet to watch the last two BSG episodes which are on my TiVo. I will catch up with it when I can. Perhaps it is that sort of thing at play here as well with DW.

I had to catch "Faith" (BSG) on scifi.com, as my cable has been out for about a week.

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored