The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Yet Another Promo for the 2014 Doctor Who Christmas Special - Last Christmas
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 319 - The 2014 Series of Doctor Who Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Daleks Invade Manchester:- Dalek Picture 17
    Daleks Invade Manchester:- Dalek Picture 17
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  Series 4 Mid-Season Trailer [Spoilers]
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Series 4 Mid-Season Trailer [Spoilers] Views: 4673
     Sunday, May 25 2008 @ 02:53 PM EDT
    As everyone else has said, very disappointed with the trailer but difficult to compete with the return of the Master. Most of it was an extended look at the next 2 episodes. Looking closely at the last Dalek image, the shape is not like a "normal" Dalek in its middle so looks like the predictions were correct....but the blue light at the top is odd.
    It's been an excellent series so far, the Doctor-Donna combination has been really good. Despite the trailer I still have faith but I said that before The Last of The Timelords.

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, May 25 2008 @ 03:20 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis] (I am dashing now).

Yes. Yes you are.

/Gay Agenda

"Don't play as if you've swallowed the metronome!" -- Nadia Boulanger
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Sunday, May 25 2008 @ 03:33 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  new_master] As everyone else has said, very disappointed with the trailer but difficult to compete with the return of the Master. Most of it was an extended look at the next 2 episodes. Looking closely at the last Dalek image, the shape is not like a "normal" Dalek in its middle so looks like the predictions were correct....but the blue light at the top is odd.
    It's been an excellent series so far, the Doctor-Donna combination has been really good. Despite the trailer I still have faith but I said that before The Last of The Timelords.

Davros had a blue light in the centre of his forehead!

P.S. It is of course possible that this message is a trap. If it is I can deal with it. P.P.S. I'm leaving this note in case I can't!

Sunday, May 25 2008 @ 04:43 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  timeflight]
    Davros had [has] a blue light [Eye] in the centre of his forehead!

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Sunday, May 25 2008 @ 05:18 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Liyster] Davros anybody?

Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation

"Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, May 25 2008 @ 09:29 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  actorguy]
    [Quote  by:  Louis] (I am dashing now).

Yes. Yes you are.

/Gay Agenda

I knew I could count on you. Big Grin

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Sunday, May 25 2008 @ 09:32 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Justice]

Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation

If that is the 'Big D' -- well it would make the Daleks return a little more interesting than just a plain ole Dalek story.

The ironic thing is at the start of each new series, I would hear/read rumblings of his return. It never pans out. This is the first time with this year's series I didn't hear/read those things, and now it seems like it may very well be the case. I am just curious on it will be handled if indeed it is him.

Cheers,
    Louis

Sunday, May 25 2008 @ 10:08 PM EDT
    I've never been a Davros fan. He made an interesting character in Genesis, but beyond that he just became a joke.

I just caught the last of Season 3 on BBC America today. I had forgotten this part, but when the troplophane (sp) are talking to the Master (during Teletubbies) they refer to the darkness coming, the never-ending darkness.

Then in the trailer, Rose tells Donna the darkness is coming. Of course, there is lots of talk of the dark in the next episode. But what were the troplophane and Rose refering to? Can't be just Davros.

Of course, they could be refering to the band Smile

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, May 25 2008 @ 10:32 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]
    [Quote  by:  Justice]

If that is the 'Big D' -- well it would make the Daleks return a little more interesting than just a plain ole Dalek story.

The ironic thing is at the start of each new series, I would hear/read rumblings of his return. It never pans out. This is the first time with this year's series I didn't hear/read those things, and now it seems like it may very well be the case. I am just curious on it will be handled if indeed it is him.

Cheers,
    Louis

he died in Remembrance of the Daleks right?
    i could see how they could bring him back.
    it could be a clone or the daleks snatched him out of time the moment before he died, because they needed a leader.

"Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, May 25 2008 @ 11:10 PM EDT
    they refer to the drkess coming in torchwood too. It's either a tie thing or just a coincedence

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, May 25 2008 @ 11:38 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Sabalon] I've never been a Davros fan. He made an interesting character in Genesis, but beyond that he just became a joke.

This is why I would be interested to see how it would be handled.

Cheers,
    Louis

Monday, May 26 2008 @ 12:33 AM EDT
    I agree with everyone else that this wasn't as good as last season's mid-season trialer but there was still enough to wet my appetite. I know everyone thinks the Daleks are overdone, and I will have to agree even though I am a really big fan of them. But if I recall correctly the last television story that had Davros, Remembrance of the Daleks, had to do with a split between the Daleks. I assume the Daleks in the Time War were the Daleks that weren't for Davros. So these Daleks may have nothing to do with the Time War, if Davros is really leading them. Maybe Davros had a small amount hidden away somewhere and escaped to them at the end of Remembrance to wait for his revenge. Who knows, anything could happen.

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, May 26 2008 @ 12:49 AM EDT
    I'm sure they come up with a reason just good enough to explain why Davros returns and why there are more Daleks, and that part is okay for me. I just absolutely hate how everytime they fight Daleks in this new series its always the last batch of Daleks. The first series they fought the last of the Daleks twice, then in series 2 and 3 they fight off the real last of the Daleks with only one escaping in Doomsday and only one escaping in the Dalek two parter last year. I'm just so sick of it always being the last and coming up with elaborate reasons why their are more. Just say it to my face that the Daleks are still out there and stop reinventing the wheel everytime you want to do a Dalek story. Gah!

"Hero! I should have been a God!"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, May 26 2008 @ 12:06 PM EDT
    It does seem to be Davros, but I've heard strange rumors that make me wonder if it might not be some other human/dalek combination... I'm not sure how serious those rumors were, though. If it's a human we know, that may explain why the top half is in shadow, too.

Did you say "74,384,338 to 1 against"? That's my lucky number!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, May 26 2008 @ 01:35 PM EDT

Someone on Digital Spy had tried turning the brightness right up on this image to see if it was really Davros - but the area had been 'blacked out' to stop people doing that.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored