The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Yet Another Promo for the 2014 Doctor Who Christmas Special - Last Christmas
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 319 - The 2014 Series of Doctor Who Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Anneke Wills and Terrance Dicks at the Close of Who at the Cavern II
    Anneke Wills and Terrance Dicks at the Close of Who at the Cavern II
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  Series 4 Mid-Season Trailer [Spoilers]
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Series 4 Mid-Season Trailer [Spoilers] Views: 4660
     Monday, May 26 2008 @ 05:15 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis] If that is the 'Big D' -- well it would make the Daleks return a little more interesting than just a plain ole Dalek story.

The ironic thing is at the start of each new series, I would hear/read rumblings of his return. It never pans out. This is the first time with this year's series I didn't hear/read those things, and now it seems like it may very well be the case. I am just curious on it will be handled if indeed it is him.

Oh, Louis, you just haven't been following the spoilers, including the cat being let out of the bag on Terry Molloy's web site for a bit, and talk of the casting and the costume; there has been more chatter this year than the prior three years.

Just because you have been avoiding spoilers doesn't mean that they aren't there.

Onto Daleks...

In series one we've had a lone stray Dalek and a demented Dalek come Emperor who grows a Dalek army from humans. This Dalek army was destroyed by Rose as Heart of the TARDIS/Vortex Energy/Bad Wolf.

In series two and three we had the Cult of Skaro Daleks who hid in the void with the "Genesis Ark". A whole Dalek army was sucked into the void (not destroyed) and the Cult shifted back in time. Dalek Caan is the remaining survivor of the Cult of Skaro, but their is a whole Dalek army trapped in the void.

Now, in series four we have the "rumoured" return of Davros. Davros has always altered existing, or built his own Daleks. So, in addition to a whole army of Daleks unaccounted for in the void, we still have Davros, who is more than capable of creating his own army.

Remember, the Doctor says to Caan that he is the last Dalek in the universe. This begs the question that their may be Daleks in a parallel universe. The Daleks weren't destroyed at the end of series two, they were sent into the void, as were the Cybermen.

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Monday, May 26 2008 @ 05:59 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Justice]
    [Quote  by:  Louis]
    [Quote  by:  Justice]
    [Quote  by:  Liyster] Davros anybody?

Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation Exclaimation

If that is the 'Big D' -- well it would make the Daleks return a little more interesting than just a plain ole Dalek story.

The ironic thing is at the start of each new series, I would hear/read rumblings of his return. It never pans out. This is the first time with this year's series I didn't hear/read those things, and now it seems like it may very well be the case. I am just curious on it will be handled if indeed it is him.

Cheers,
    Louis

he died in Remembrance of the Daleks right?
    i could see how they could bring him back.
    it could be a clone or the daleks snatched him out of time the moment before he died, because they needed a leader.

He escaped just before the Dalek ship exploded in his escape capsule. This has always been my opinion anyway because you see something leaving just before it happens. Now granted Big Finish stories are not canon but he has appeared post Rememberence in those.

I think it is Davros, if you look at the picture there is a split in the casing. The blue light looks far to small to be a Dalek, it really looks the size of the one from Davros. Looks like he may have blinged up his Dalek base/Wheelchair. Also it looks like there is no sink plunger and gun stick on this one. Again as has been said when your the last Dalek in the universe where do you go to get more made.

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, May 26 2008 @ 08:50 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]In series one we've had a lone stray Dalek and a demented Dalek come Emperor who grows a Dalek army from humans. This Dalek army was destroyed by Rose as Heart of the TARDIS/Vortex Energy/Bad Wolf.

In series two and three we had the Cult of Skaro Daleks who hid in the void with the "Genesis Ark". A whole Dalek army was sucked into the void (not destroyed) and the Cult shifted back in time. Dalek Caan is the remaining survivor of the Cult of Skaro, but their is a whole Dalek army trapped in the void.

Now, in series four we have the "rumoured" return of Davros. Davros has always altered existing, or built his own Daleks. So, in addition to a whole army of Daleks unaccounted for in the void, we still have Davros, who is more than capable of creating his own army.

Remember, the Doctor says to Caan that he is the last Dalek in the universe. This begs the question that their may be Daleks in a parallel universe. The Daleks weren't destroyed at the end of series two, they were sent into the void, as were the Cybermen.

What's more, presumably the parallel universe where the latest batch of Cybermen came from, and where Rose was left (but seems to be coming back from), also has a Skaro and possibly a set of alternate Daleks... and an alternate Doctor? Smile~

-- BongMong :)~
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, May 26 2008 @ 11:05 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  BongMong]
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]In series one we've had a lone stray Dalek and a demented Dalek come Emperor who grows a Dalek army from humans. This Dalek army was destroyed by Rose as Heart of the TARDIS/Vortex Energy/Bad Wolf.

What's more, presumably the parallel universe where the latest batch of Cybermen came from, and where Rose was left (but seems to be coming back from), also has a Skaro and possibly a set of alternate Daleks... and an alternate Doctor? Smile~

and its an evil version of the doctor that has a goatee.

"Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, May 26 2008 @ 11:15 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]...

Just because you have been avoiding spoilers doesn't mean that they aren't there.

You mean the world does not revolve around me?

Hehehe...

Good point, nonetheless.

Well should be having Terry Molloy on Doctor Who: Podshock in the coming months. So this should be very interesting.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Tuesday, May 27 2008 @ 01:01 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]You mean the world does not revolve around me?

Last I checked, the Earth's axis doesn't pass through Long Island... Wink

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Tuesday, May 27 2008 @ 08:51 AM EDT
    shame his base is blond.

this was online and i cant place it...
    I wont post it as it could be a spoiler

here

do you know where this is from?

Somewhere the tea is getting cold
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, May 27 2008 @ 12:06 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    [Quote  by:  Liyster] Davros anybody?

Someone on Digital Spy had tried turning the brightness right up on this image to see if it was really Davros - but the area had been 'blacked out' to stop people doing that.

Cheers, daveac

Indeed, Dave. I tried the same thing - lol. Here's the result:

Definitely masked and tampered with.

That's also interesting, Gabriel. Definitely holds true with the rumors, as most indicate he won't look drastically different than before, which is great, IMO - if it isn't broken, don't fix it. That photo looks new to me - could be a fake, but if so, it's a good one. The "candy gloss" vibe of the pic feels right for the way the new series looks (i.e., the way it is shot, etc.), so if it's faked, somebody got the "new series" aesthetic dead-on.

I'm more curious as to who's actually going to play him. It makes the most sense to get Molloy back, as he's both willing and able - but there were an awful lot of rumors that Julian Bleach (Torchwood's "Ghostmaker") was supposedly locked in for the gig. I suppose we'll know soon enough...

Human Biological Metacrisis = Bite Me, RTD.
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, May 27 2008 @ 12:24 PM EDT
    not that i'm suggesting wikpedia is the font of all knowledge but...

if you put stock in that kind of thing...

*********************************************************** "Rubber Soles - Swear by them!"

Tuesday, May 27 2008 @ 12:56 PM EDT
    Welllllll I still was pretty excited to see the trailerSmile even though my reaction was "not the stupid daleks again!!!!" let this be the end of them.

the stars blinking out... I suppose it had to happen. end of the planet had been done too many times. gotta end the universe this time.

If Worzel Gummidge and the Third Doctor had a fist fight - who would win?

Tuesday, May 27 2008 @ 02:16 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Gabriel Chase] shame his base is blond.

this was online and i cant place it...
    I wont post it as it could be a spoiler

here

do you know where this is from?

Looks like some of the CGI from the documentary on the Davros DVD Boxset. In fact I'm sure it is.

Bollocks...sir.

Tuesday, May 27 2008 @ 02:43 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  whodovoodoo] not that i'm suggesting wikpedia is the font of all knowledge but...

if you put stock in that kind of thing...

Well whodovoodoo, like I was saying - conflicting reports a plenty.

The irony of all this is much like Louis said - we've been duped at least twice now as to his possible return, which now (finally) seems 99.9% true this time around, due to the overwhelming rumor mill running wild, culminating in the trailer tease we just got. Alas, who will in fact play him is anyone's guess. I've only heard of Bleach and Molloy possibly doing it - no one else. Of course, I'm sure that somewhere, it's rumored that Tom Baker will be doing it. lol Razz

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, May 27 2008 @ 03:57 PM EDT

Size looks right for a eye piece.... that said, Image has been altered.
    Blue point of light could have been added as well.

Seem like a lot of work to hide the top of an image if there is nothing to hide.

Perhaps Rose is the new half human Emperor Dalek.....

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, May 27 2008 @ 04:07 PM EDT
    I've got it. This is the special "vision enhanced" Dalek. After analyzing their failures they decided the human race, having two eyes, is why they always succeeded where the Dalek's failed. So they have added a second eye-stalk.

They now roll around yelling "ASTIGMATISM! ASTIGMATISM!"

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, May 27 2008 @ 04:56 PM EDT

Wow - looks like we were all wrong. The rumors are waaaay off. Davros has been revealed.

Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored