The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Dark Water? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Dark Water' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 02

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Celestial Toybox
    Celestial Toybox
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  Series 4 Mid-Season Trailer [Spoilers]
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Series 4 Mid-Season Trailer [Spoilers] Views: 4626
     Tuesday, May 27 2008 @ 07:13 PM EDT

P.S. It is of course possible that this message is a trap. If it is I can deal with it. P.P.S. I'm leaving this note in case I can't!
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Tuesday, May 27 2008 @ 07:36 PM EDT
    ^^Great work and even better it's Michael Wisher.

The definitive Davros!

Gooderson and Molloy pale in comparison...

And yes the "eye" position lines up.

-cs™

http://twitter.com/Smittmaestro
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, May 28 2008 @ 08:35 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Magpie] Welllllll I still was pretty excited to see the trailerSmile even though my reaction was "not the stupid daleks again!!!!" let this be the end of them.

the stars blinking out... I suppose it had to happen. end of the planet had been done too many times. gotta end the universe this time.

Considering Rose's return from a parallel universe, which couldn't happen according to the Doc, I think they may be skipping the end of the universe and going straight to the end of the multiverse this time!

-- BongMong :)~
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, May 28 2008 @ 12:46 PM EDT
    If we're lucky it may be something interesting/ different e.g good daleks for an alternate universe (a la Dalek Empire 2)

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, May 28 2008 @ 04:24 PM EDT
    I havent watched the trailer OR read any of this thread, except the HUGE giveaway picture,
    so i will only say one thing:

If it is Davros, i wonder how the production team are going to introduce him to the NuWho fans, seeing as we've already met (and destroyed) the Dalek Emperor. HA!

Drink
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, May 28 2008 @ 04:47 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  stjohnny]

If it is Davros, i wonder how the production team are going to introduce him to the NuWho fans, seeing as we've already met (and destroyed) the Dalek Emperor. HA!

we'll have to exterminate you now for even mentioning such a thing!

If Worzel Gummidge and the Third Doctor had a fist fight - who would win?

Wednesday, May 28 2008 @ 06:39 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  stjohnny]If it is Davros, i wonder how the production team are going to introduce him to the NuWho fans, seeing as we've already met (and destroyed) the Dalek Emperor. HA!

I was wondering the same thing. As mediocre as the trailer was, if you're a new Who fan and have no idea who Davros is, then it must be even more meh.

For the record, I'm looking forward to Davros' return (assuming he's the big secret). Although I hope it isn't a parallel-universe-Davros as I fear it might be, hence Rose's involvement...

If they're going to throw parallel-Cybermen and parallel-Davros at us, then I've got my fingers crossed for parallel-Adric...

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, May 28 2008 @ 06:43 PM EDT
    Oh you mean like the reintroduction of The Master?

-cs™

http://twitter.com/Smittmaestro
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, May 28 2008 @ 10:42 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  sgb1975] ...
    I was wondering the same thing. As mediocre as the trailer was, if you're a new Who fan and have no idea who Davros is, then it must be even more meh.

My guess would be any new fan that is completely unfamiliar with Davros wouldn't be looking for him and probably would simply assume it was a Dalek in the darkness.

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Thursday, May 29 2008 @ 07:31 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]
    My guess would be any new fan that is completely unfamiliar with Davros wouldn't be looking for him and probably would simply assume it was a Dalek in the darkness.

And I wonder what those unfamiliar with Davros would think of him, especially after the manlek episode last season. At first glance it could be interpreted as something like that. I'm sure the Professor will explain it off as "oh...he created the Daleks" which will then confuse people due to the Emperor Dalek from S1.

I like how the reboot of the Daleks made them independent again, and the concept of the breakoff of the Cult of Skaro.

However, it would be interesting to see different factions of them - say the cult(*) vs Davros or something.

(*) assumes that the ones stuck in the genesis ark are loyal to the cult's remaining dalek.

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, May 29 2008 @ 08:29 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Sabalon]However, it would be interesting to see different factions of them - say the cult(*) vs Davros or something.

(*) assumes that the ones stuck in the genesis ark are loyal to the cult's remaining dalek.

In theory, Caan should be the only Dalek in existence. The Genesis Ark (and any Daleks remaining inside) is no more, having been sucked back into the void between universes, where supposedly nothing can survive, hence the necessity of the Void Sphere.

Although from the trailer, it is obvious there are many Daleks alive, but we'll have to wait and see where they came from.

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, May 29 2008 @ 08:41 AM EDT

There's a certain blonde companion stuck in an alternate reality that cant come back either...so much so, she made the Doctor cry...TEARS i tells ya! And she turns up in episode ONE of this series.
    Anything seems possible...time will tell!

Drink
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, May 29 2008 @ 09:27 AM EDT
    Wasn't 100% sure about survivability in the void. IIRC, they talked about crossing the void to get to our universe. I thought the void sphere was just where the cult of skaro hid during the time war.

I imagine that a bunch of daleks sucked back into the void would not be healthy for them, but who knows how they could explain that off - a space scoop waiting on the other side of the wall to collect them or something? I really need to go back and watch doomsday as I'm a little hazy on what was said happened when people were sucked into the wall.

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, May 29 2008 @ 10:32 AM EDT

If the rubbish Cybermen could cross the void between universes, then it should be child's play for the Daleks... natch!

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Thursday, May 29 2008 @ 10:55 AM EDT
    I have to say that I'm not opposed to either the return of Davros or the Daleks so long as they are used originally and convincingly. I loved the idea of the alternate Daleks in Dalek Empire 2 who had been developed by the creator as a force for good in the universe but then as their power grew so had their puritanical view of the universe which ultimately led to their corruption mirroring the fascistic Daleks of the who-niverse.

Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored