The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Listen? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Listen' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 14th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 309 - 'Robot of Sherwood' Reviewed
  • Patrick Troughton as Robin Hood Seen in 'Robot of Sherwood'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Robot of Sherwood? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Robot of Sherwood' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 7th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 308 - 'Into The Dalek' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Into the Dalek? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 307 - 'Deep Breath' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Deep Breath? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Terrance Dicks at Who at the Cavern II
    Terrance Dicks at Who at the Cavern II
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  S4E12 The Stolen Earth [SPOILERS]
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    S4E12 The Stolen Earth [SPOILERS] Views: 11722
     Saturday, June 28 2008 @ 11:25 PM EDT
    o o oo and Richard Dawkins made a cameo! uhh WoW! Now both of Lalla Ward's husbands have appeared on Doctor Who!

If Worzel Gummidge and the Third Doctor had a fist fight - who would win?
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 02:12 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  silvanthalas] Although I do think the whole 'subnet' thing was somehow being invented by Harriet Jones seems a bit beyond her capabilities.

People don't get to be prime minister without developing contacts. She did know about Torchwood back in The Christmas Invasion. And with funding from the Mr. Copper Foundation (and viewers like you) [a PBS joke for long time US viewers] she could have organized any number of things. Remember Mr. Copper, the Earthanomics genius? Well, he knew little of Earth's history, but he was from Stowe and would be familiar with alien technology, being an alien himself.

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 02:17 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Magpie]
    [Quote  by:  seanhuxter]
    And... did I hear the Doctor say "Calufrax"?

Yes, yes you did!!! Nice little nod to the Pirate PlanetSmile))

... o... something just occurred to me. we still don't know about the cackling with the master's ring, so we have that to be resolved next week, too!

It was also on screen as "Callufrax Minor" which was the complete name used in this episode.

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 02:32 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  seanhuxter]
    [Quote  by:  Sabalon] WOW.

Now that the one word review is aside.

I've not watched the Sarah Jane stuff. Naming the machine Mr. Smith was kinda cute. Nice to see Torchwood back - I miss Toshi though.

There are way too many Smiths and Joneses in Doctor Who. Harriet Jones? Martha Jones? Sarah Jane Smith, Doctor Smith, Mister Smith...

Having trouble keeping up with the Jonses?

Most common UK surnames

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 03:34 AM EDT
    Cry
    All I'll say is this.... I was with Rose at the end.

"No! He can't! He can't!" *followed by much wailing*

I'm simply in too much shock to type anything that makes sense at the moment.
    Hopefully I be able to contain my fangirl angst enough to make sense on tonights show.

But I loved this episode. One big massive OMG from me.
    Rose, Martha, Jack, Sarah Jane, IANTO!, Gwen, mentions of Owen and Tosh.
    And seeing five names fly at you at the beginning was certainly exciting and different

I think this cliffhanger has beaten Utopia. Just.

I'm simply overwhelmed by it all.
    I know the regeneration has to come, but I still don't want it too.

*wails* Cry

bye bye david :(

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 04:18 AM EDT
    The end of "Turn Left" was amazing but as "Stolen Earth" rolled along I was getting more and more worried. This episode had me thinking "Last of the Time Lords" but as it drew to a close I think they really tightened things up. Last time I saw Davros he was a disembodied head, i'm really glad they put him back in his chair. This was a Davros that was was the closest to "Genisis" which I don't think they'll ever top. I am pleased that they got his big reveal out of the way do they could focus on the story. I did not see that end coming, it's gotta be RTD yanking our chain..

I loved the reference to the Peter Cushing "Dalek Invasion Earth" , the movie with Donna's dad as the companion and I've wondered this whole season if they'll do anything with that...that'd be too cool.

I can't wait for next week!

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 04:43 AM EDT
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
    and relax.
    I just don't know. Was that the best episode of Doctor Who ever? I just cannot find a fault. I haven't felt that way after a cliffhanger since I was eight years old. I still feel this way!
    Things I loved:
    The best cliffhanger ever - I don't care if he regenerates or not, the way this ending has us all feeling. Never will a week edge past so slowly!
    The Daleks - forget Davros - the best use of the Daleks for me since they came back. In familiar settings, in the streets and shadowy alleys! They're out ther now! In the street! Help!
    The ensemble cast - nobody felt underused to me. Most were even on the screen at the same time for a fair amount of the episode. Everybody had their moment. Surely there must be a k-9 versus a Dalek moment at some point. Or is that just asking for too much!
    The acting: just WOW. When Sarah Jane hears those chilling words; when Grandpa thinks that Donna is dead; when the Doctor sees Rose.
    Of course, of course, all of this needs to be put in persepctive for the second episode but for now with the anticipation buzzing through our veins...Just WOW!
    RTD celebrating his own era. He deserves to. When everything is said and done: the boy done well!
    WOW!

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 05:09 AM EDT
    After a second viewing..

As much as I want DT to be around longer, I do think squirming out of a regeneration would be frustrating. I hope they take the risk and go for the big shake up.

One thing that makes me think it could be a real regeneration is the article mentioned under the 'DT's big pay day?' thread combined with other interviews with Tennant lately. He keeps saying he migh tbe up for it but that he hasn't been asked yet. It seems somewhat strange that they haven't extended that offer yet. This could be a way of answering those kinds of questions without having to give a definitive answer.

But then I also think about the whole river song issue and wonder whether she knew a later 10th doctor or a later nth doctor? If this is it for 10, then she would have had to known him in a later incarnation. And my reading of the forest of the dead was that she recognized the 10th doctor as the 10th doctor... [my brain is hurting me, time and space should not be contemplated after 2 am...]

anyway...

Speaking as someone who actually enjoyed the Last of the Time Lords quite a bit, I am wary of another time reset. I want to see how humanity goes on from such a massive trauma. I want Harriet Jones' death to matter, A show like LOST is able to get away with so much crazy crap, but they still try (not always successfully) to show consequences and repercussions. It starts to take the fun out of it when you stop being able to trust what you see on the screen though. So I am hoping that the story choices made in this episode have long term effects and aren't wiped out by next week, or the specials next year etc...

And one final thought- there were two characters seen in the confidential and promo pictures (not sure if they are actual spoilers anymore but i figure I won't name them here to be safe) who haven't shown up yet, so I am curious to see how they fit in next week sinc ei thought they would have popped up by now.

Coming to theaters this fall, Frau Blücher and Harpo Marx star in 'The Shadow Proclamation'!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 06:23 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  rheimbro]

And one final thought- there were two characters seen in the confidential and promo pictures (not sure if they are actual spoilers anymore but i figure I won't name them here to be safe) who haven't shown up yet, so I am curious to see how they fit in next week sinc ei thought they would have popped up by now.

This is very true. Those characters you mention were at the readthrough for episode 13... and so was David Tennant which suggests to me that if he does regenerate it won't be till the end of the episode. I personally think this regeneration is a red herring (a glorious, wonderful red herring to be sure... but still a smelly fish!) as I have heard that DT was seen shooting the Christmas Special a few months back. That said, if anybody could orchestrate such an elaborate ruse it is RTD, but whereas I am not 100% sure it is not the 10th Doctor's swansong just yet I am fairly confident that we have a few more hours of DT in the role!!!!

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 06:23 AM EDT
    lol on BBC site in one of the wall papers pictures i think it had stolen earth and Roses mum and pete were with all the other companions, so i presume its those two who have not showed up yet?

also dont forget what the shadow proclo lady said to Donna about her back when she was sitting on those stairs... somethings up there for sure.

and who did pick up the Masters ring? it was a womans hand for sure picking it up.

what were all the planets for didnt the doctor say they formed part of an engine for something.

i think the specials for next year will be the time war it self as theres only 3 planned it could make sence to make them about the time war.

if the doctor does regenerate it would put us ready for season 5 as above the specials next year could take place pre new doctor? even this years xmas special could take place before these two season 4 finale episodes?

has everyone forgot about the comming darkness and it can affect all universes?? could it be the black guardian??

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 06:48 AM EDT
    Personally I hope that we don't get to see the Time War - I'm not sure that it could ever live up to our expectations. Better to exist in all of it's glory in our mind's eye.
    Next: I'm asking myself if it would be better for DT to lave the role now or not. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love him but would it be better for the programme if he left? With today's modern audience, is a new Doctor more likely to be accepted if his predecessor hasn't stayed too long and made the part almost impossible for anybody to take over.
    I know I know that this has happened many times before but not since the programme returned. Chris E got out quickly and therefore made it much easier for DT to take over the role. Now DT is well and truly established, it remains to be seen whether his successor will have such an easy job.

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 07:27 AM EDT
    A quick question: What was the key that Martha had and that no one wants her to use? Was that something out of Torchwood? Will we see this key used next week?

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 07:36 AM EDT
    Like ice cream it was good going down but it did go down and...then made you sick. This season I've been pretty busy but caught them all and loved them all except the awful Partners in Crime...that really made me worry. Even when the Doctor was STUPID and WRONG as in MIdnight, it made sense and was entertaining, tense, scary and sometimes funny. STOLEN EARTH is basically a set up. The Doc's out of it for most of it and then...he acts like a moron and runs across a street with Daleks lurking everywhere...just to see his love Rose. Gag me! Rose is on and on about "I was there first" and the whole Justice League plot of uniting his companions was interesting but boring in the end. Harriet still has some power it seems. Okay. The whole Earth in danger has left me numb. THey've done it too many times over the years and this season only did it twice before. BTW was that the same family from ARMY OF GHOSTS and DOOMSDAY that were held by Cybermen that get killed by the Daleks here? It looks like them. I felt no excitement, I knew mostly everyone would be okay...I didn't get the chills as in Doomsday or the last Chris Ecc. One (Parting of the Ways). AND WHY must everyone who regenerates do so standing up AND in the TARDIS? It's all so cartoony and routine. The public knows everything about aliens and the Doctor...Please RTD stop writing DW right now! OF course I'm sure it's some kind of Doctor trick and he'll probably be a "fake 11th" doctor or something as in the Marvel Comic a few years ago when the 8th Doctor really didn't become a fake 9th Doc. Yeah, okay. This whole season bar the first one was a reason to keep watching. Tate was great, Tennant held his own mostly and was less irritating but now we have this: a big giant invasion of Earth after it's been moved. Again, this wasn't terrible but it wasn't terribly good either. Theyv'e done better. I'm sure the ratings will blast up through the roof and we will get more of these Dynasty-like season endings. Sigh. Oh yeah, and Rose: who the f does she think she is now? Watta *censored*.

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 08:21 AM EDT
    We didn't see Harriet Jones actually get exterminated. Just her screen going out as we heard the sound effect.

Will we see her again next week?

http://thatneilguy.blogspot.com

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 08:27 AM EDT
    ahhh Chase has manifested the spirit of Krop Tor I see Wink

If Worzel Gummidge and the Third Doctor had a fist fight - who would win?

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored