The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 316 - 'In the Forest of the Night' Reviewed
  • Deleted Scenes from The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: In the Forest of the Night? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'In the Forest of the Night' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 26
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 315 - 'Flatline' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Into the Vortex
    Into the Vortex
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  S4E12 The Stolen Earth [SPOILERS]
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    S4E12 The Stolen Earth [SPOILERS] Views: 11844
     Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 09:24 AM EDT
    Mr Copper down as 2010 recurring Theme?

Guest Host on the WHOCAST
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 09:45 AM EDT
    This was very good and I enjoyed it. If everything is just reset again I will be upset.

I really like DT as the doctor but you can't just throw in a regeneration and take it back. Unless the excuss it very clever or ends up with 2 doctors with one getting to leave with Rose and the other staying here.

I really hope the planets do come into play in the whole thing and that plotline is not blown off or finished with a simple line or something like that.

It would be nice if all the planets somehow get combined with the Shadow Proc. and save "themselves".

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the Universe." - Carl Sagan

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 11:00 AM EDT
    what's Krop Tor?

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 11:33 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Chase] Like ice cream it was good going down but it did go down and...then made you sick. This season I've been pretty busy but caught them all and loved them all except the awful Partners in Crime...that really made me worry. Even when the Doctor was STUPID and WRONG as in MIdnight, it made sense and was entertaining, tense, scary and sometimes funny. STOLEN EARTH is basically a set up. The Doc's out of it for most of it and then...he acts like a moron and runs across a street with Daleks lurking everywhere...just to see his love Rose. Gag me! Rose is on and on about "I was there first" and the whole Justice League plot of uniting his companions was interesting but boring in the end. Harriet still has some power it seems. Okay. The whole Earth in danger has left me numb. THey've done it too many times over the years and this season only did it twice before. BTW was that the same family from ARMY OF GHOSTS and DOOMSDAY that were held by Cybermen that get killed by the Daleks here? It looks like them. I felt no excitement, I knew mostly everyone would be okay...I didn't get the chills as in Doomsday or the last Chris Ecc. One (Parting of the Ways). AND WHY must everyone who regenerates do so standing up AND in the TARDIS? It's all so cartoony and routine. The public knows everything about aliens and the Doctor...Please RTD stop writing DW right now! OF course I'm sure it's some kind of Doctor trick and he'll probably be a "fake 11th" doctor or something as in the Marvel Comic a few years ago when the 8th Doctor really didn't become a fake 9th Doc. Yeah, okay. This whole season bar the first one was a reason to keep watching. Tate was great, Tennant held his own mostly and was less irritating but now we have this: a big giant invasion of Earth after it's been moved. Again, this wasn't terrible but it wasn't terribly good either. Theyv'e done better. I'm sure the ratings will blast up through the roof and we will get more of these Dynasty-like season endings. Sigh. Oh yeah, and Rose: who the f does she think she is now? Watta *censored*.

*shakes Chase's hand*
    Thank You, I was beginning to feel like the only one who was not jumping for joy over this episode.

As much as I'm hearing that people were thrilled with all the cameos, I felt it did more harm than good. Harriet Jones was the only surprise cameo that attempted to make some sence and then it just got comical.

When the Judoon showed up and DT started speaking Judoon, I couldn't stop laughing(b/c it was silly). Donna's grandfather brought the best comic relief, but the rest wasn't all that funny. I did expect Davros to yell "next time Gaget, Next Time!" before he was reveled, but luckily the unveiling was exciting and well done.

I won't even comment specifically about the 10/Rose reunion gone wrong, but it was my fangirl nightmare brought to life. Eek!

"WOT?...WOT?" "WOT??????!!!!!" OUT!OUT!OUT!

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 12:09 PM EDT
    I just started to think about the time beetle and the shadow proc. girl mentions it again. I wonder if they are setting up a stupid Donna sacrifice with the beetle that somehow affects the whole earth in a way to keep the whole thing from happening.

My Guess: Donna will somehow go back to Rose showing up in the 1st episode, Donna will have to have been in run away bride but not travel with the doctor or something like that. Like her Mom dies and she can't go and that fixes everything in someway. IE The doctor checks on the bees or the missing planet instead of the showing Donna around episodes. Get ready for the whole season to have not happened. Unlike last year where a whole year didn't happen, no wait, I mean the same as last year where the writers just pretend something didn't happen so everything resets.

This is all a guess but I could totaly see this happening.

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the Universe." - Carl Sagan

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 01:20 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  rocko]
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    [Quote  by:  Fairport]
    Does that mean you know what's going to happen next week, Louis? You can tell an old friend. Give me a hint... give me something. I can't wait a whole week. It's just not fair Wink

One of my posts above has a hint. But that's all your getting...

Actually, it's a hint and a very bad pun! Wink

A double bluff? A pun...

parallel universes...
    parallel doctors...
    2 doctors?
    2 donnas?
    All I know is I need 2 aspirins and 2 pints to wash it down with...

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 01:29 PM EDT
    I can't believe I'm getting into the whole pointless speculation about next week thing...but...how about this: Sarah Jane is saved by Mickey the tin dog who pops in from the other universe right in front of her -- the second best thing to having the contractually unavailable K9.

http://thatneilguy.blogspot.com

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 01:53 PM EDT
    When the Doctor referred to someone tried to steal the Earth before, but no, it couldn't be... was that Davros he was referring to and what episode was that?

Only think I could think of was the whole Ravalox thing.

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 02:40 PM EDT
    anyone noticed the drum beat. when donna was sat down, was silent and was staring at nothing you could hear the beat of the drums.

hear the masters drum beat when harriot jones came on the screen....... and when Donna was in the Shadow Proclamation... dun dun dun hmmm eh.

that stare she was doing on the steps, that bit reminded me of Yana when he was feeling a bit ill from the drum sound...

did harriet jones pick up the masters ring?? the dalaks said to her yes we know who you are.....

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 02:52 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]People don't get to be prime minister without developing contacts.

True, but for me it's more like the misquote of Al Gore saying he invented the internet. Gore didn't, he just had a major hand in approving the funding that lead to it's creation.

But iirc, she outright said that she invented it. So, it's just more plausible if, like Gore, she said she helped spearhead the development.

It's a minor thing in the end, but it just stood out when she said it. I still like the fact that the character was used again as well.

More minor things:

I am disappointed that Terry Malloy isn't playing Davros. I know several people have played the character over the years, with Malloy making the most appearances, but they instead cast somebody new in Julian Bleach. Ahh well.

Also, I was curious to see the opening credits. And sure enough, they sped it up so they could get all the names in.

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 03:08 PM EDT
    And Russel sits there at the end of Confidential with that gleam in his eye saying he has no clue what happens next! I don't believe him for a second...

What a great episode. I just did not see the regeneration coming. I did not even consider the possibility. Part of me wants them go through with it because it makes the most sense, but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that I wouldn't be sad if David stuck around a little longer. He has been fantastic, and as far as I know, isn't he signed for season five or did I just dream that up? He is signed for the specials next year isn't he?

I feel like I must be imagining things. I think the BBC has become very good about creating red herrings for the tabloids. I know I am just going to ignore all sites until next Saturday. I cannot wait.

Formerly that jerk Jagoscourage
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, June 29 2008 @ 09:00 PM EDT
    I .... (gulp) ... I'm still blown away.

If 10 does regenerate, I'm blaming Rose!

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, June 30 2008 @ 02:33 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  rocko]
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    Does that mean you know what's going to happen next week, Louis? You can tell an old friend. Give me a hint... give me something. I can't wait a whole week. It's just not fair Wink

One of my posts above has a hint. But that's all your getting...

Actually, it's a hint and a very bad pun! Wink

A double bluff? A pun...

parallel universes...
    parallel doctors...
    2 doctors?
    2 donnas?
    All I know is I need 2 aspirins and 2 pints to wash it down with...

I will say no more...

Did you say "74,384,338 to 1 against"? That's my lucky number!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, June 30 2008 @ 03:00 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Sabalon] When the Doctor referred to someone tried to steal the Earth before, but no, it couldn't be... was that Davros he was referring to and what episode was that?
    No, not Davros. A group of Daleks took over the Earth in the appropriately-named Dalek Invasion of Earth. Their plan was to replace the core of the planet with an engine, transforming Earth into a navigable space ship.

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." JNT, 1986

Monday, June 30 2008 @ 04:51 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  DarthSkeptical]
    [Quote  by:  Sabalon] When the Doctor referred to someone tried to steal the Earth before, but no, it couldn't be... was that Davros he was referring to and what episode was that?
    No, not Davros. A group of Daleks took over the Earth in the appropriately-named Dalek Invasion of Earth. Their plan was to replace the core of the planet with an engine, transforming Earth into a navigable space ship.

Smile

Oh yeah. I think I remember that one.

In various media, this is the second time Bernard Cribbins has lived through (and presumably repulsed) a Dalek invasion of Earth. Go Cribbins!

Glad I avoided all spoilers again - Davros was a sort of surprise for me (although I was half expecting him at some point) but the regeneration really knocked the wind out of me. It did make me realise I'm not ready for DT to leave yet, I want more of Doctor 10. But since it's looking like he'll fox the regeneration process somehow (unless the photos of him filming next years Xmas special were faked) I'm not overly worried.

If half the art of survival is running away, the other half is knowing when to keep a straight face.
      Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored