The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 307 - 'Deep Breath' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Deep Breath? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Into the Dalek' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 31st
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Deep Breath' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 24th
  • BBC One 'Deep Breath' Promotional Advertisement Video [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 306 - Interviews with Ian Marter and Sarah Sutton
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  

Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  S4E12 The Stolen Earth [SPOILERS]
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    S4E12 The Stolen Earth [SPOILERS] Views: 11713
     Wednesday, July 02 2008 @ 08:28 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    [Quote  by:  DarthSkeptical]
    Her line is, "It's not just Dalek Caan". I think that's pretty self-evident.

Oh thanks - I didn't catch the first part 'It's not just..'

I was thinking how did she know Dalek Caan was with the Dalek fleet.

Cheers, daveac
    It adds to the reality of the scene that everyone's talking over each other, but it surely is hard to pick out what they're saying. The Doctor's later line that "Sarah Jane said" they were taking all the people made no sense to me until I concentrated on Sladen's voice. I still have no idea what Ianto says right after Gwen says, "I thought he'd be older".

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." — JNT, 1986
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Wednesday, July 02 2008 @ 08:28 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  DarthSkeptical]

So, either way is grammatically correct. Hence, the Doctor says in "School Reunion", "The oil is making them cleverer", while Martha says "more clever" here. Both are fine, as evidenced by the fact that the definition of "cleverer" in the dictionary is "more clever".

I think in the UK it might be one of those 'talk proper' - no you 'speak properly' type of points.

It could be a US/UK

Or - dare I say it (whisper it might be a class thing) here in the UK

(said in a posh voice) Cheers, don't you know, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Wednesday, July 02 2008 @ 08:51 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac] I think in the UK it might be one of those 'talk proper' - no you 'speak properly' type of points.

It could be a US/UK

Or - dare I say it (whisper it might be a class thing) here in the UK

(said in a posh voice) Cheers, don't you know, daveac

A-hem. Goes into English teacher mode:
    As a rule words with more than 1 syllable take the word 'more' in front in their comparative mode, one syllable words add 'er'.
    However, the exception to the rules are:
    1) two syllable words ending in 'y' which add 'ier'
    2) a notable few exceptions which can happily take both forms - clever being one of these which can happily become cleverer or more clever.
    Phew!

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, July 02 2008 @ 09:25 AM EDT
    What color have we been complaining about all season? (well, I saw we in the royal sense of meaning to call into the podcast)

The purple color that has been popping up as the theme of the season, right behind the bees Smile

Now, we have project Indigo, which is pretty much purple by another shade.

So - perhaps everytime we say the purple lighting in the series, it was actually Martha hopping around with project Indigo trying to get to her mums.

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, July 02 2008 @ 11:52 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Sabalon] What color have we been complaining about all season? (well, I saw we in the royal sense of meaning to call into the podcast)

The purple color that has been popping up as the theme of the season, right behind the bees Smile

Now, we have project Indigo, which is pretty much purple by another shade.

So - perhaps everytime we say the purple lighting in the series, it was actually Martha hopping around with project Indigo trying to get to her mums.
    Damn. I knew I forgot to mention something on the Podcast. As one of the vocal critics of the mauve/purple/indigo lighting, I immediately noticed this too and sorta thought it was cool. It's nice there's something of a reason for the Sontarans being all purple. Narrative logic though doesn't make up for godawful design. For example, you don't make the TARDIS any other color but blue, even if you are trying to make a point — as surely we learned in "The Happiness Patrol".

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." — JNT, 1986

Thursday, July 03 2008 @ 04:57 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  DarthSkeptical]I still have no idea what Ianto says right after Gwen says, "I thought he'd be older".

I believe he says "he's not that young"

Ianto can sometimes be a little hard to understand with that lovely welsh accent of his Big Grin

bye bye david :(

Thursday, July 03 2008 @ 01:57 PM EDT
    Question for our UK brethren: I'm still a believer that Tennant will not complete his regeneration in the finale, but on the chance he does and we get a new Doctor, and to address those that ask how this was kept secret, were most people aware (those that wanted spoiler knowledge ahead of time that is) that The Parting of the Ways was going to be Eccleston's swan song? I wasn't aware of the red-eye flights from UK to USA until the end of Series 1, so I didn't know about the new series until it was over. I thought I remember reading somewhere that it was also a well-kept secret, and most people were surprised, but I'm not sure...

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, July 03 2008 @ 02:12 PM EDT
    It wasn't a spoiler more headline news here. It was announced publically about the same time that Dalek was broadcast. So we knew already going into the second half of the season.
    This has pretty much always been the case. I cannot think of one regeneration that wasn't announced on the news sometime before it happened. For this reason alone, I agree with you that this is unlikely to be a real regeneration

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, July 03 2008 @ 04:45 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Idiom] It wasn't a spoiler more headline news here. It was announced publically about the same time that Dalek was broadcast. So we knew already going into the second half of the season.
    This has pretty much always been the case. I cannot think of one regeneration that wasn't announced on the news sometime before it happened. For this reason alone, I agree with you that this is unlikely to be a real regeneration

Didn't the news get leaked after Rose aired?

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Thursday, July 03 2008 @ 05:31 PM EDT
    You could be right sir. I know that it was very early on.

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, July 03 2008 @ 06:50 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  sgb1975] Question for our UK brethren: were most people aware (those that wanted spoiler knowledge ahead of time that is) that The Parting of the Ways was going to be Eccleston's swan song? ...

One of the most annoying things was that after barely the first episode had airred in the UK - maybe even before - it was news that Eccleston was leaving the role.

I was hard to invest in an actor who was leaving so soon and (for long time fans) using up a 'Doctor's life'

It was upsetting indeed!

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Thursday, July 03 2008 @ 11:54 PM EDT
    Hi everyone. I've been lurking about for a week, and have finally joined up.

I think it's interesting that there was no hint of a regen in the press, official or otherwise, and I agree that's the strongest argument against a true regeneration. They did make a point of reminding us that the Dr's hand is still there, with its fresh, undamaged, David Tennant DNA. Perhaps he will regenerate, but back into himself?

Didn't Romana not only choose to regenerate, but choose the form she wanted to take?

There was one mention, but no further comments, about the signal from Harriet Jones beginning with the SoD drum beat. Also, the signal that rose from Torchwood's tower did the same thing.

And of corse, the people in the most danger as the credits roll are the people who have their own series'. Are we seriously supposed to believe that they are going to die? I don't think so. I agree with those who expect Micky and Mum to jump in.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. I like RTD's writing, but I can't wait till SteveM has a go at a nice long story arc.

-TerriJo "We have to remember the oracle's words, from Nike, the Greek goddess of victory and lumpy athletic shoes: Just Do It. No Excuses." - Neil Peart

Friday, July 04 2008 @ 02:14 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  TerriJo] Hi everyone. I've been lurking about for a week, and have finally joined up.

Congrats on delurking, TerriJo. Romana's regeneration is an interesting point, but since RTD has decided to standardize the regenration process, I wonder if he will take that into consideration. Anything is possible. And I've been trying very hard to be spoiler-free, so I haven't the faintest idea what is to come. But it's almost here. Big Grin I can't wait to see how he gets out of this corner he's painted himself into. As long as it's not a "rewind button" I'll probably be ok with it.

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, July 04 2008 @ 02:51 AM EDT
    is it saturday yet?

Guest Host on the WHOCAST

Friday, July 04 2008 @ 03:36 AM EDT
    I am still caught in a strange mix of feelings... which I hope shall resolve themselves once I have seen the finale..

On the one hand I could watch David Tennant as the doctor for many more seasons and never tire of him, and on the other hand the thought of a new doctor lurking around the corner without anyone knowing is the closest anyone can come to what the companions would be experiencing on screen.

That said, I am prepared for a funky regeneration where Tennant stays. The only sticking point left for me is that the regeneration has gone so far as to fill his whole body with the glow etc. If they had cut to the TBC screen after the hand started glowing I think it would have made more sense. Regeneration would still be imminent and we would still be debating the same sorts of questions all week, but it seems like a better time for the regeneration to go wibbly and wobbly if thats the way it is going.

In the way-too-nit-picky realm of things, DT has already been doing the full body glow as long as CE did (10-12 secs). If RTD is really wanting a standard regeneration sequence then that should mean a new body/face should have appeared right as the TBD screen hit. But like I say this is being way too Nitty-gritty, I am not expecting it to be that precise. Its just fun to go into uber-geek mode lol.

In the end, I am going to just say In Russell we trust, and be ready for him to take us wherever he wants to on Saturday. Whatever he has planned it should still be one heck of a ride!

Will it be...

Big Grin Arrow Oops! Arrow Big Grin + Big Grin

or?

Big Grin Arrow Oops! Arrow Mr. Green

Coming to theaters this fall, Frau Blücher and Harpo Marx star in 'The Shadow Proclamation'!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored