The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Listen? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Listen' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 14th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 309 - 'Robot of Sherwood' Reviewed
  • Patrick Troughton as Robin Hood Seen in 'Robot of Sherwood'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Robot of Sherwood? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Robot of Sherwood' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 7th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 308 - 'Into The Dalek' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Into the Dalek? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 307 - 'Deep Breath' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Deep Breath? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Noel Clarke
    Noel Clarke
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  Five Specials [SPOILERS]
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Five Specials [SPOILERS] Views: 6850
     Friday, October 31 2008 @ 05:41 PM EDT
    So DT is to appear in 5 specials. The current rumours, if true (which is a very long shot but just in case I've added a spoiler tag) would mean the folllowing:
    1. The Next Doctor (ok we know this is true)
    2. The return of the Master
    3. The return of Catherine Tate
    4. An Eighth Doctor Flashback story?
    5. A regeneration episode.

Of course, the last four could all happen in the same story. Anything else we know yet or would like to see?

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, October 31 2008 @ 05:53 PM EDT
    You know what would be cool? The Master somehow manipulating Donna and turning her against the Doctor. She could trigger his regeneration by trying to kill him....

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, October 31 2008 @ 06:04 PM EDT
    I think you'll see Donna in the same episode as The Master, don't forget that ring what she had on!

Please check out my blog, as I attempt to watch and review EVERY Doctor Who episode! http://journeythroughtimeandspace.blogspot.com/
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Friday, October 31 2008 @ 06:29 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Idiom] So DT is to appear in 5 specials. The current rumours, if true (which is a very long shot but just in case I've added a spoiler tag) would mean the folllowing:
    1. The Next Doctor (ok we know this is true)
    2. The return of the Master
    3. The return of Catherine Tate
    4. An Eighth Doctor Flashback story?
    5. A regeneration episode.

Of course, the last four could all happen in the same story. Anything else we know yet or would like to see?

The Meddling Monk?

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Saturday, November 01 2008 @ 07:14 AM EDT
    I don't want the story with Paul McGann to be pure flashback anymore.

This maybe my fangirl talking, but we only have limited time for Ten.
    So my hopes for the possible Time war story is this: Multi doctor story with Eight and Ten, taking place in the Time War (is a few flashbacks) and Ten's regeneration caused by Ten sacrificing himself to save Gallifrey and the Time Lords.

This is what I want ^_^
    If it happens that is another story.

bye bye david :(

Tuesday, November 11 2008 @ 10:01 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  romana_II] I don't want the story with Paul McGann to be pure flashback anymore.

This maybe my fangirl talking, but we only have limited time for Ten.
    So my hopes for the possible Time war story is this: Multi doctor story with Eight and Ten, taking place in the Time War (is a few flashbacks) and Ten's regeneration caused by Ten sacrificing himself to save Gallifrey and the Time Lords.

This is what I want ^_^
    If it happens that is another story.

would that mean that Gallifrey and the Time Lords are returning? that would be tres cool.

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, November 12 2008 @ 03:35 AM EST
    Tres cool indeed Big Grin

Two of favorite doctors on screen together, plus a great end for Ten, and the return of Gallifrey (and hopefully Romana)
    It's my fangirl dream.

Wednesday, November 12 2008 @ 08:27 AM EST
    Susan comes back to be the next assistant?

Bound to happen... Smile

Still, it seems odd that the Doctor never mentions her. He never sees her, talks about her or anything. it's all a bit odd, you'd think he's have a bit of affection for her wouldn't you?

I never did see Susan's last episode. Did they part on bad terms?

Perhaps Adric survived that crash after all, he could return to the Tardis with Susan!

-- BongMong :)~
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, November 12 2008 @ 02:37 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  BongMong] Susan comes back to be the next assistant?

Bound to happen... Smile

Still, it seems odd that the Doctor never mentions her. He never sees her, talks about her or anything. it's all a bit odd, you'd think he's have a bit of affection for her wouldn't you?

I never did see Susan's last episode. Did they part on bad terms?

The last regular episode with Susan (The Dalek Invasion of Earth: Flashpoint (episode 6)) saw The Doctor locking the doors of the TARDIS and keeping Susan out. The Doctor realized that Susan had fallen in love with David Campbell and made the decision that she should stay with her future husband. The Doctor had earlier overheard Susan and David and when Susan said something about leaving with The Doctor "Because he needs me". He realized that She had grown up and it was time for her to find her own life and made the decision for both of them. Susan watched the TARDIS fade away and the shoe she held in her hand dropped to the ground and David came to her side.

The opening of "The Five Doctors" uses a part of the good-bye speech the Doctor made to Susan as the prologue for the episode.

It would be nice to see Susan again but she would have to be recast because Carol-Anne Ford may be too old for the role. Maybe she had a regeneration? She's from Galifrey, after all.

"Make your last move, Doctor. Make your LAST move." The Celestial Toymaker to the Doctor in "The Celestial Toymaker: The Final Test"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, November 12 2008 @ 05:36 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  BongMong]
    Perhaps Adric survived that crash after all

Bite Your Tongue!!

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, November 12 2008 @ 07:28 PM EST
    Iím most likely one of the few who would love to see Adric back Razz

Itís kind of possible. The dinosaur (Myfanwy ^^) in Torchwood came through the rift, whoís to say that Adric if he had survived couldnít come through too.

Again, a fangirl can dream.

Wednesday, November 12 2008 @ 08:18 PM EST
    I would like to see Dinosaurs in Doctor Who but no Adric. Big Grin

Big Finish's 'The Boy That Time Forgot' was bad enough...

Please check out my blog, as I attempt to watch and review EVERY Doctor Who episode! http://journeythroughtimeandspace.blogspot.com/

Thursday, November 13 2008 @ 01:02 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  cybercolin] I would like to see Dinosaurs in Doctor Who but no Adric. Big Grin

Just hope the special effects are not like those in "Invasion of the Dinosaurs", if you looked close enough you could see the wires and sticks that moved the dino-models... and the Scarasean (sp?) in "Terror of the Zygons" (in the London scene) ruined the episode.

Dinosaurs haven't really done well in "Doctor Who" but, with the improvements of technology It could be done quite well - if they choose to.

"Make your last move, Doctor. Make your LAST move." The Celestial Toymaker to the Doctor in "The Celestial Toymaker: The Final Test"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, November 13 2008 @ 02:29 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  T Baker(notTom)] Just hope the special effects are not like those in "Invasion of the Dinosaurs", if you looked close enough you could see the wires and sticks that moved the dino-models... and the Scarasean (sp?) in "Terror of the Zygons" (in the London scene) ruined the episode.

Dinosaurs haven't really done well in "Doctor Who" but, with the improvements of technology It could be done quite well - if they choose to.

You've picked the two stories which I feel would really benefit from new CGI effects on the DVDs

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, November 14 2008 @ 10:40 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Idiom] You've picked the two stories which I feel would really benefit from new CGI effects on the DVDs

When they put the enhanced CGI effects on the DVDs, do you have the option of watching with the original effects if you want? Or can you only see the new effects?

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored