The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Deep Breath? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Into the Dalek' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 31st
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Deep Breath' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 24th
  • BBC One 'Deep Breath' Promotional Advertisement Video [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 306 - Interviews with Ian Marter and Sarah Sutton
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 304 - 'The Claws of Axos' is Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Louise Jameson
    Louise Jameson
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  Five Specials [SPOILERS]
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Five Specials [SPOILERS] Views: 6752
     Wednesday, April 15 2009 @ 02:41 PM EDT
    Three to go.
    There seem to be more and more hints that the Doctor will not leave the next special unscathed. That something iireversible will happen to him that can only happen because we know that the tenth Doctor's days are almost over. I read in the Radio Times a while back that at some point he might be losing the TARDIS for a time. Is it that or something more terrible, I wonder?

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, April 22 2009 @ 01:38 PM EDT
    Not that this is really important but I found this on Digital Spy about who is going to be knocking four time in the upcoming specials (Carmen's prophecy in "Planet of the Dead")

Arrow Who is knocking up the Doctor?

I don't know what it means yet but we'll find out in December.

"Make your last move, Doctor. Make your LAST move." The Celestial Toymaker to the Doctor in "The Celestial Toymaker: The Final Test"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, May 06 2009 @ 12:00 PM EDT
    We have a name for one of the guest on the 2-part Christmas special - JUNE WHITFIELD

Digital spy reports that she will be in the Christmas special - but not much more info is available. Here's the story:

Arrow June Whitfield confirmed for "Who" special

Also mentioned in the article is David Harewood (currently in "Robin Hood") who will appear as well.

Now for some conjecture:

Neil Wilkes from Digital Spy has a clip from an interview with John Barrowman about a possible return to "Doctor Who" but John denys it adamantly. I don't know what to think about this but here is the link:

Arrow John Barrowman talks "Who" return

I'm not sure what's going but I'm thinking of the line "thou doth protest too much" (paraphrased from "Hamlet").

Hey, I could be wrong - I've been wrong before. Wink

"Make your last move, Doctor. Make your LAST move." The Celestial Toymaker to the Doctor in "The Celestial Toymaker: The Final Test"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, May 07 2009 @ 05:03 PM EDT
    I don't know why but I predict the Reapers will be involved and somehow someway Joan Redfern will be reunited with a part of the Doctor that separates from the Doctor and begins life as John Smith and that life we saw in HUMAN NATURE will be his life and his end, while the rest of the Doctor regenerates into the 11th.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, May 09 2009 @ 12:14 PM EDT
    I also think and I might have posted this already: and could be completely wrong: I think Gallifrey will present itself somehow in the last two...can't wait for it to all be over so we can move on to the 11th Doctor and leave behind all the trash...sorry could not resist that. It's just how I feel.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, May 09 2009 @ 08:33 PM EDT
    Latest rumour. One I hope is not true.

Meet The Doctor's Mum

Also, I'm not sure why they're wheeling out SJ & Son (and maybe Captain Jack) again. Didn't we do all this in the last finale?

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, May 09 2009 @ 10:48 PM EDT
    Good God, she's playing Leela! (NEW AD joke; or maybe Leela was his mum?). Anyway does that mean that Luke is to appear also? I bet they say the aliens that made Luke made him out of the Doctor's DNA! And I the finale that really wasn't JOURNEY'S END was done just to make us all believe that that was going to be where the 10th Doctor regenerates. This NEW 10th Doctor regenerates is supposed to be the real thing so everyone has to be back, hopefully to witness the REAL thing this time. Oh and in between we got the NEXT DOCTOR, yet another FAKE regeneration type thingie. Gimmicky. Never trust gimmicky gadgets...apparently this show is one of those things now.

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, May 12 2009 @ 08:08 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Chase] Gimmicky. Never trust gimmicky gadgets...apparently this show is one of those things now.

You know I never really agree with your attitude on current Who but you are 100% correct on that statement. What was the real purpose of last seasonís finale?!?!

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, May 13 2009 @ 12:38 AM EDT
    Last season's finale purpose was: to get you to watch and apparently it did it's job and purpose was fulfilled. It has high ratings. But ratings do not equate IMO to quality.

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, May 21 2009 @ 11:06 AM EDT
    We've got a new casting for "Doctor Who".

The Sun reports that Timothy Dalton (best known for his stint as James Bond) will appear in as a baddie in ine of the last episodes.

How much truth is in this - I don't know but here is the link from the sun:

Arrow Licensed to exterminate

EDIT: Well look at that! My post went to the wrong place. It should be after the "Hoo on Who" (Dr. Hoo) post. That's the first time it's happened to me.

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, May 20 2009 @ 09:40 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Milamber] Latest rumour. One I hope is not true.

Meet The Doctor's Mum

Also, I'm not sure why they're wheeling out SJ & Son (and maybe Captain Jack) again. Didn't we do all this in the last finale?

For the bit about the Doctor's Mum... I just finished re-watching the McGann movie with the DVD info text on and when he first regenerates and is walking down the hospital corridor wrapped in a sheet, the info text mentions that in one of the original drafts of the script the Doctor was to see a phantom of his mother! Now, we know Russell is a fan of the 96 movie to an extent, could he be borrowing that idea from one of the discarded scripts and bringing it to fruition? Discuss!

Check out HOO on WHO, my podcast devoted to the review of Classic series Doctor Who DVD's. http://www.hooonwho.com
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Thursday, May 21 2009 @ 05:19 PM EDT
    Good God ! Can it get any worse. My prediction is that Leela is the DOctor's mum...oh no wait, that's LUNGBARROW but anyway wasn't Timmy Dalton once to play the Doctor's father ?!!!! That's what is going to happen. We're going to meet the Doctor's MUm, his father who is a baddie or the Master, and his brother who is probably the Master.

As for RTD, it's no secret hes out of ideas at least to me so he's probably mining LUNGBARROW and the TV MOVIE.

I don't know about anyone else but I wonder or I feel the Five Specials idea was rather a big waste of time and a very bad idea. To go off the air like that and come back with these lame and old, unoriginal ideas and to pass them off to people who have no idea hat they are unoriginal...is just so WRONG!

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, May 29 2009 @ 12:24 PM EDT
    I've done some rechecking on some of my previous posts and found out something I didn't notice before.

On the thread "Companion for the 11th Doctor?" I had posted the possibility of Lindsay Duncan being a possible companion. There is some truth to that but for the 10th Doctor in "The Waters of Mars". She will be playing the character Adelaide in the upcoming special.

Here is a link to the story that I posted then.
    Casting news: Lindsay Duncan to star in second Doctor Who special of 2009

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, May 29 2009 @ 01:07 PM EDT
    What about the return of Jenny? Any rumours of that happening? I'd love to see the Doctors daughter again.

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, May 29 2009 @ 04:09 PM EDT
    I'm sure Jenny will be returning...much to my horror.

Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored