The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 12th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 313 - 'Kill the Moon' Reviewed
  • The Curse Of The Black Tooth - Spoilers!
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Kill The Moon? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Kill The Moon' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 5th

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Doctor Who Buttons
    Doctor Who Buttons
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  Christmas 08 (Children In Need Teaser) [Spoil..
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Christmas 08 (Children In Need Teaser) [Spoilers] Views: 3837
     Friday, November 14 2008 @ 04:29 PM EST
    After watching this. I definatly do not want David Morrissey as Dr 11. I really think this a TV take on the One Doctor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4gQg31Mg4A

Full credit to: drwhovian13 on YouTube for posting it so quick.

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, November 14 2008 @ 04:50 PM EST
    Don't forget chaps - the reason we have this clip available, and that's because of the BBC Children in Need fund raising event.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey/

Dig deep, don't be shy - there are plenty ways to donate including via PayPal - so you don't need to be in the UK to donate Wink

I loved the clip by the way - I can't wait for Christmas day now!!!!!!

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, November 14 2008 @ 05:19 PM EST

Watching it - I thought (white text)

It was strange that the people were so well dressed - there wasn't the 'dirt' and poorness that the BBC would use in a 'real' depiction of old England - so I'm guessing this is a set-up - in that the Doctor has landed in the middle of a film or TV set

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Friday, November 14 2008 @ 06:00 PM EST
    I never expected it of you Dave, to be so judgemental after less than a minute of DM!

Fof what its worth, I don't think he's The Doctor anyway, I think that was obvious from his 'over-acting' in the scene.

Please check out my blog, as I attempt to watch and review EVERY Doctor Who episode! http://journeythroughtimeandspace.blogspot.com/

Friday, November 14 2008 @ 09:57 PM EST
    Squee!!!

I'm thinking somewhere on the lines of Dave too, it can't be real... but I have no idea.

David Morrissey simply sounded too much like Ripley Holden in that scene Laughing Out Loud
    Maybe that's his normal accent through, since I haven't seen him in much else.

bye bye david :(

Friday, November 14 2008 @ 10:00 PM EST
    Here it is embedded right into the forums:

[EDIT: The original video has been taken down from YouTube, but when there is one, there are others... I won't bother embedding it again.]

Thanks DrWho001.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Friday, November 14 2008 @ 10:55 PM EST
    Man, that was beautiful. I agree with everyone that the 2nd Doctor was a bit of an over actor. I mean, when does the doctor boast that he is a Time Lord...

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, November 14 2008 @ 11:38 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  spoo] Man, that was beautiful. I agree with everyone that the 2nd Doctor was a bit of an over actor. I mean, when does the doctor boast that he is a Time Lord...

quite a few times, actually...

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Saturday, November 15 2008 @ 02:35 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    [Quote  by:  spoo] Man, that was beautiful. I agree with everyone that the 2nd Doctor was a bit of an over actor. I mean, when does the doctor boast that he is a Time Lord...

quite a few times, actually...

But he never boasts about being the one, the only and the best. Comes with the new personality i suppose Big Grin
    I agree, it was a bit to staged to be real, too "Albert Square" like! Completely unlike 'Unquiet Dead'

EDIT:By the way, it was a rusted Cyberman mask on a stick that burst through the door, making me wonder if it really is all staged. The plot thickens!

6 weeks to go!
    Alonsi indeed!

Drink
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, November 15 2008 @ 02:41 AM EST
    I was so excited to see this. Watched it with a huge smile on my face the entire time. And by the end my jaw had dropped and I just had to share it with everyone I could contact, lol.

I was nice to see the Doctor walking around with a smile on his face after leaving him in such sorrow. But my thoughts on this second Doctor is that it cant be real. Part of me screams out 'The One Doctor' but would RTD really copy a classic in one of his last specials?? I also want to say that it cant be a future or past regeneration because neither Doctor seems to recognize the other. Then there is Morrissey's over acting which might lead back to 'imposter', likes he's trying too hard to be the Doctor.
    My mind is racing with thoughts, lol.
    Either way...This was a great sneek peak! Big Grin

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, November 15 2008 @ 09:45 AM EST
    On second rewatching I just noticed something.

Morrissey's Doctor seems to be holding a regular screwdriver in the end shot when Ten and him are saying Allonsey together.

I can't find any screencaps of it yet, but I swear it's not a real sonic screwdriver but a regular, Philip's head, used for screwing stuff on you wall type of screwdriver (there's no blue light coming out of it at all and the end looks flat)

Has anyone else noticed this? Eek!

bye bye david :(

Saturday, November 15 2008 @ 10:20 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  romana_II] On second rewatching I just noticed something.

Morrissey's Doctor seems to be holding a regular screwdriver in the end shot when Ten and him are saying Allonsey together.

I can't find any screencaps of it yet, but I swear it's not a real sonic screwdriver but a regular, Philip's head, used for screwing stuff on you wall type of screwdriver (there's no blue light coming out of it at all and the end looks flat)

Actually, yes! I didnt notice if it was a regular screwdriver but I DID notice it looks nothing like Tennant's screwdriver. Much more thin and a brownish color?
    But another thing that bothered me for some reason is that he turns to his companion, Roseta, and asks for his screwdriver. Now yes, the Doctor has lent his screwdriver to people before but I got the impression that she was literally just holding it for him. IDK, it just felt odd.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, November 15 2008 @ 11:55 AM EST
    Wow, this was cool. Now I'm really excited to see this year's Christmas special. The last two years have been so-so. But it is great fun to gather up by the fire and watch Doctor Who at Christmas time. I can't wait!

Saturday, November 15 2008 @ 12:24 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  romana_II] On second rewatching I just noticed something.

Looks like you may be right.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Saturday, November 15 2008 @ 01:57 PM EST
    Hard to judge on such a short clip but I for one am really cant wait for the Xmas show.

Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored