The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Yet Another Promo for the 2014 Doctor Who Christmas Special - Last Christmas
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 319 - The 2014 Series of Doctor Who Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Not a Tardis but.....
    Not a Tardis but.....
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  Planet of the Dead
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Planet of the Dead Views: 6242
     Tuesday, April 07 2009 @ 07:09 AM EDT

Video segment on BBC Breakfast this morning with Russell T Davies talking about Planet of the Dead.

(Very minor spoilers -- obviously nothing major, this is RTD)

Arrow BBC News | Dr Who's Easter special

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Tuesday, March 24 2009 @ 05:03 AM EDT

With Planet of the Dead only a few weeks away now, I thought it was time there was a thread dedicated to it.

Here are some of the latest photos of it (from location shooting)... These may be ** SPOILERY ** to some extent, so use caution.

Arrow First Glimpse Of Doctor Who's Newest Bug-Eyed Monsters (io9)

Cheers,
    Louis

Tuesday, March 24 2009 @ 07:38 AM EDT
    Cool. I was wondering if it had been tentatively scheduled yet. I didn't realize it was that close already. That makes me happy, but it also means the end of the Tennant era is officially beginning and that makes me sad. Smile

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, March 24 2009 @ 09:15 AM EDT

Man that bus looks worse than I thought, what a mess.

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Tuesday, March 24 2009 @ 09:33 AM EDT
    Man I’m sooooo tempted to click on this link! But I must resist…ahhhhhhhh!!

I want this season to be spoiler free. Every season before I would read everything I could. This season I want to be shocked, surprised, and guessing all the way.

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, March 24 2009 @ 07:08 PM EDT
    Texas, if you don't want to be spoiled, why would you read this post then?

Truthfully combined with yet anothr female lead, a bus (IRIS anyone?), RTD's recent poor track record IMO only of course (He's getting the ratings and I can only argue with that), and the look of the pics, I have a real feeling of dread from this one.

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, March 25 2009 @ 07:53 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Chase] Texas, if you don't want to be spoiled, why would you read this post then?

I'm weak...

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, March 25 2009 @ 09:14 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  texastimelord]I want this season to be spoiler free. Every season before I would read everything I could. This season I want to be shocked, surprised, and guessing all the way.
    The last time I really focused on spoilers was Series 2, which coincidentally was the last good all-around season (aside from a hiccup about two-thirds of the way through). I might have to start reading them again, in hopes of superstitiously nudging the show back on the right track.

[Quote  by:  Chase]Truthfully combined with yet anothr female lead, a bus (IRIS anyone?), RTD's recent poor track record IMO only of course (He's getting the ratings and I can only argue with that), and the look of the pics, I have a real feeling of dread from this one.
    The only thing I know about the upcoming special is the name of the actress playing the female lead, however, the hilighted part scares me more than anything else...

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, March 25 2009 @ 10:40 AM EDT

[Quote  by:  Chase] ... I have a real feeling of dread from this one.

So what you are saying, this one is really, "Planet of the Dread" for you. Wink

Cheers,
    Louis

Wednesday, March 25 2009 @ 03:54 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  sgb1975]
    [Quote  by:  Chase]Truthfully combined with yet anothr female lead, a bus (IRIS anyone?), RTD's recent poor track record IMO only of course (He's getting the ratings and I can only argue with that), and the look of the pics, I have a real feeling of dread from this one.
    The only thing I know about the upcoming special is the name of the actress playing the female lead, however, the hilighted part scares me more than anything else...

You guys are serious, aren't you? That just shocks me!

Do you just mean "The Next Doctor" which was a Christmas Special! It was never going to be the 2nd coming of "The Talons of Weng Chiang". But I still loved it. Great fun, some cute ideas, and some wonderful performances. If "Planet of the Dead" is as good as "The Next Doctor" I'll be happy. And if its as good as any of the last 4 episodes of Series 4, I'll be ecstatic!

If you're in the New York area come join us for Pub and Video meets - http://DWNY.org

Wednesday, March 25 2009 @ 05:07 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  barnabeee]You guys are serious, aren't you? That just shocks me!

Do you just mean "The Next Doctor" which was a Christmas Special! It was never going to be the 2nd coming of "The Talons of Weng Chiang". But I still loved it. Great fun, some cute ideas, and some wonderful performances. If "Planet of the Dead" is as good as "The Next Doctor" I'll be happy. And if its as good as any of the last 4 episodes of Series 4, I'll be ecstatic!

I didn't mind The Next Doctor. I thought it was average, as far as Who stories go, which is better than a lot of people rated it. I was mainly referring to: The Sound of Drums, Last of the Time Lords, Turn Left (sorry people, I didn't think it was as great as some would say), and Journey's End. I'll leave The Stolen Earth off this list, only because it had the kick-ass cliffhanger of the century. I didn't think they were horrible...they were all just average I thought, and not the quality material that you would hope could nicely wrap up a season and keep you satisfied until the new shows come around 8-9 months later. Maybe the stories were overhyped, maybe my standards are too high, or maybe a combination of both. But I don't just blame RTD's writing. I've not been shy to write on these boards that series 3 + 4, as a whole (aside from a few bright spots), have been less-than-stellar.

But I agree with your point about being happy if PotD (side note - does any other show/movie forum use as many acronyms as we do?) is as good as TND - I think the bar has been lowered enough that I'd be very happy if it were as good...

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, March 25 2009 @ 06:35 PM EDT
    Sorry, I don't agree. NEXT DOCTOR, despite a few good moments...was dreadful for SO many reasons. The second TALONS? Well season one of the new show was consistently GREAT in all the stories but one (the second one with Adam) and for me, much better than TALONS. I won't go into them all now but even weaker stories like ALIENS OF LONDON's two parter had GREAT character moments in them...Jackie's telling off of the Doctor and the Doc's responses to Jackie...the cliffhanger...

Anyway, NEXT DOCTOR, JOURNEY'S END and the one right before it, STOLEN EARTH just about ruined season four for me and for season threee we had the awful awful awful two part Dalek story with the pig men AND that crappy Master season ending (I"d say all three bt the Derek Jacobi one was decent, the last two Master eps are just putrid). This show is so much better than a VOYAGE OF THE DAMNED or a NEXT DOCTOR, it deserves to be as good as Chris's first season and yes, even the Second (mind you please do not ever do another NEW EARTH again) but to cap your great fourth season off with two awful eps about the Earth being moved, a crap Dalek plan, AND Donna's end AND a crap end for Rose and "Her" Doctor...is just way too much.

NEXT DOCTOR stopped being exciting about less than half way through and did anyone think anything of any consquence was going to happen? I didn't. It didn't. It was a big disspointment and the female villain was crap. But that's just me. I expect better from New DW

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, March 25 2009 @ 06:40 PM EDT
    I guess part me remembers the Colin Baker/early McCoy scripts and that with so much of the show riding on these...the utter disapointment over both TRIAL and TIME AND THE RANI (Time and the Rani almost made me a non fan...and some would like that better if I wasnt a fan or something).

TIME AND THE RANI almost made me turn off DW for good, almost made me stop the video tape and turn off the TV set for good when DW was on. PARADISE TOWERS was not much better. DELTA showed some promise but DRAGONFIRE shot it down.

I guss I"m afraid the new series is gonig to go that way and NEW EARTH was practically TIME AND THE RANI all over again. Luckily it got better, the new show. Later, that Empire State Dalek two parter reminded me of the Colin Dalek stry...and MINDWARP of TRIAL and that's not good. And THAT season was capped by the worst RTD bs ever: that John Sims Master story which for so mny reasons reminded me of nothing...at all. It probably is the worst TV DW story ever told...

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, March 26 2009 @ 11:28 AM EDT
    The BBC Press Office has today announced the Programme Information for Week 15 (Which starts on Easter Weekend.

Whilst it is currently listed as unplaced. We can be pretty much certain it will be around 7pm on Easter Saturday.

Here is the programme copy information:
    SPOILER ALERT!!!!

BBC ONE Unplaced Week 15
    Doctor Who – Planet Of The Dead
    Unplaced
    Day and time to be confirmed BBC ONE

* www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho

When a London bus takes a detour to an alien world, the Doctor must join forces with the extraordinary Lady Christina, in this one-off seasonal special. But the mysterious planet holds terrifying secrets, hidden in the sand. And time is running out, as the deadly Swarm gets closer.

Planet Of The Dead features David Tennant as the Doctor, Michelle Ryan as Lady Christina and Lee Evans as Malcolm. It is written by Russell T Davies and Gareth Roberts.

Hidden as best as possible to avoid spoilers for those who do not wish to be.

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, March 26 2009 @ 01:01 PM EDT

BBC Press Office has it set for Saturday, 11 April on BBC One, no time is announced yet, but the usual 7pm is a safe bet I would guess.

Arrow here (includes possible SPOILERS)

Cheers,
    Louis

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post