The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Dark Water' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 02
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 316 - 'In the Forest of the Night' Reviewed
  • Deleted Scenes from The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: In the Forest of the Night? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'In the Forest of the Night' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 26
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 315 - 'Flatline' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Absorbaloff from 'Love & Monsters'
    Absorbaloff from 'Love & Monsters'
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  Love and Monsters
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Love and Monsters Views: 13840
     Thursday, June 15 2006 @ 04:06 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Abersoch]
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

Is it just me, or does the 17" Mac Powerbook G4 seen in the preview for Love & Monsters look like it is running MS Windows? Egads! Eek!

Evidently the episode is set in the alternate universe again...erm some time prior to Rise of the Cybermen since Jackie is ok....and obviously before Peter got rich....er....yeah, that's it!

Well, it could be an alternate alternate universe, where Rickey is a girl, Rose is still a dog and Pete is the head of Cybus?

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, June 15 2006 @ 05:43 PM EDT

Slight spoiler alert - If you have visited the BBC website you know probably know this already. Highlight area below.

A quick scan of the BBC website shows that this is the episode featuring the Blue Peter Monster Design Competition Winner, the Absorbolf (aka Peter Kay. There is a video of the winner visiting the set and meeting Peter Kay and David Tennant.

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed are Kings
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 17 2006 @ 08:44 PM EDT

This has got to be the most different episode of Doctor Who ever...

You gotta love ELO!!!

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Saturday, June 17 2006 @ 09:18 PM EDT
    This is an interesting concept. To be able to observe an episode from both Jackie's and other perspectives. To be able to feel for Elton as he spends the whole episode trying to find the Doctor as were we. I half expected him to say "did you miss me" when he appeared at the end of the story. I guess Russel gave Billy and David a few weeks off.

I loved the Jackie angle. We were also given another taste of Touchwood and again it was hinted that Rose will die at the end of this season.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 17 2006 @ 09:42 PM EDT
    Well, I thought this was really excellent. A brave, and fairly radical departure. A good amount of humour and Moaning Myrtle thrown in for good measure (though watching this with my kids, I could have done without the oral sex reference at the end).

Note the absorption concept with the faces talking out the side of Peter Kay really disturbed my 11 year old son.

Overall, strangely enough this seemed to be a feel good episode with some dark undertones.

Certainly seems like Rose (and perhaps Jackie too) is a goner.

Overall, 4 groans out of full dematerialization, but I wouldn't like every episode to be like this.

Overdoing the Torchwood references again, 40 years without a reference followed by near weekly ones for an paranormal institution that has existed since Victorian times!?

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 17 2006 @ 10:01 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Doctor Whoovie]Overdoing the Torchwood references again, 40 years without a reference followed by near weekly ones for an paranormal institution that has existed since Victorian times!?

This time last year I don't remember anyone saying that they were overdoing the Bad Wolf references, and they are about the same frequency.

We can accept the removal of the Daleks and Timelords from time, but not the addition of a small secret society??? Sheesh! Don't you think that maybe the Torchwood references will have a payoff within this series? Don't ya think? Maybe it's not just an advert for the new spinoff...

Saturday, June 17 2006 @ 10:06 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat] [
    We can accept the removal of the Daleks and Timelords from time, but not the addition of a small secret society???

Who believes that the Daleks have gone. Not me.
    Bad Wolf was different it was meant to be following Rose and so were we.

If Torchwood has been set up merely to hound Ten then it's not being overdone, but somehow that not what I believe is going to happen. Anyway, they seem so bad at security (everyone seems to have leaked data) how could UNIT not be aware of them.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 17 2006 @ 10:13 PM EDT
    No, I'm pretty sure that the Touchwood references is a tease. With Badwolf, we didn't know what was happening and the whole thing was a mystery. It strikes me as similar to Spock appearing on Star Trek the Next Generation just before Trek 6 was released and making references to the adventure in the film.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 17 2006 @ 10:23 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat] We can accept the removal of the Daleks and Timelords from time, but not the addition of a small secret society??? Sheesh! Don't you think that maybe the Torchwood references will have a payoff within this series? Don't ya think? Maybe it's not just an advert for the new spinoff...

I agree. I think the Torchwood thing will become clear before the end of this season.

"Elemental, my dear Benton." The Doctor to Sgt. Benton (The Daemons)

Saturday, June 17 2006 @ 10:35 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Doctor Whoovie] Who believes that the Daleks have gone.

Captain Jack did... and he's gonna be in Torchwood!

Saturday, June 17 2006 @ 10:53 PM EDT

So, who liked the Scooby Doo chase sequence???

Saturday, June 17 2006 @ 10:55 PM EDT
    I ended up liking this episode a lot. This seemed to be the Doctor Who version of “Jose Chung’s From Outer Space” in how it examined the main characters from other people’s eyes.

The guy who played Elton was great as was Shirley Henderson.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 17 2006 @ 11:01 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    So, who liked the Scooby Doo chase sequence???

I'm willing to give it a lot of leeway with the zaniness because it was all Elton's recollections. I thought that bit was funny but I thought the Abzorbaloff chase at the end looked like something out of Power Rangers.

Was LMAO with the bit where Jackie was seducing Elton.

Wonder how the blowjob joke will play with the fandom.

Mr. Green

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 17 2006 @ 11:44 PM EDT
    I have an interesting view of this episode that no one so far has pointed out.
    I in my humble opinion saw some interesting point outs to fandom... could just be reading too much into it...

A club meeting in a library... writing stories... all from different walks of life, analising everthing about the doctor....
    kinda remins me a lot of my experience with my time in the NZDWFC Wellington Chapter Smile

And now I'm reading way much more into it... notice when they stop having fun and start stalking The Doctor,
    becoming way to serious about him... the whole thing falls apart... that remins me of some of the posting over on
    the Internet Movie Database Forums...

Just my opinion though... I think it was almost a salute to fans and a warning to not take it so serious
    that you stop having fun and loose sight of what the best part of being a fan is...
    Meeting and having fun with people with a commen interest.

I loved this epsode... I love Doctor Who Smile

Cheers to all of you for keeping me company in the thing I love.

The6thDoctor

"Oh and Yes... I did interview Gigi Edgley.. just in case you were wondering... yes Gigi... Chiana from Farscape, Yup I interviewed her... in person you know...
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, June 18 2006 @ 12:35 AM EDT

When Ken starts assigning tasks... "RUN!" Twisted Evil

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored