The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Yet Another Promo for the 2014 Doctor Who Christmas Special - Last Christmas
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 319 - The 2014 Series of Doctor Who Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    What a blank look on her face
    What a blank look on her face
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  [Possible Spoiler] A storm is coming - the en..
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    [Possible Spoiler] A storm is coming - the end of (spoiler) Views: 3638
     Saturday, June 24 2006 @ 03:01 PM EDT
    The last 2 minutes of "fear her"; the trailer to the last in the series, were the best I have seen doctor who. Made me sad, angry and...just..the feelings are unexplainable. Next weeks episode IS doctor who, what it is all about.
    A true introduction to torchwood
    The return of some old foes
    The sad departure of Rose
    an introduction of a new companion ?
    who knows ? , get it "who" knows... anyway... it will be sad to see Rose go, but I'm sure what comes in S3 following the christmas special will delight us all. Role on next week.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 24 2006 @ 03:40 PM EDT
    i CANT frikkin wait!
    It's going to be a blinder!

FANTASIC! (In True Eccleston style)
    BRILLIANT! (In true Tennant style)

Drink
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 24 2006 @ 03:42 PM EDT
    yes the preview was fantastic it looks like the best Who ever in new series an thats just from that clip.

and the alternate universe cybermen find a way to come to our universe woo hoo!!!!

cya Rose lol she was good for both series but im glad she is going need new companion as in old days they came and went too.

That bloke getting shot by a green laser and see his skelton like a Dalak Laser blast eh hmmm could Dalaks be comming too?

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 24 2006 @ 04:25 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Doctor Slug]That bloke getting shot by a green laser and see his skelton like a Dalak Laser blast eh hmmm could Dalaks be comming too?

What? Like Roy Skelton? That would be appropriate. Wink

Either it is the Daleks or else Torchwood has obtained Dalek technology - which would be a neat twist.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 24 2006 @ 04:28 PM EDT
    Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek!

I can't wait!!!!! Mr. Green

You may want to consider spoilering the title of this thread. I know it's common knowledge now but I managed to upset a few people Oops! when I posted the link to the BBC Website and mentioned Rose leaving in the title?

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 24 2006 @ 04:40 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  capricorn1] You may want to consider spoilering the title of this thread. I know it's common knowledge now but I managed to upset a few people Oops! when I posted the link to the BBC Website and mentioned Rose leaving in the title?

...But if you do, put the word SPOILER at the beginning of the title - not the end. It didn't help me to avoid the news about Rose last time because there was no indication it was a spoiler when I read the title off the post listings at the left hand side of the front page.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 24 2006 @ 05:03 PM EDT
    This post will tell you about the last two episodes so dont read on unless you wont to find out so dont say i didnt warn you hi well im new to the site but ive looked around and found out the basic plot of this fantastic episode so if you dont want to know dont read the rest

basically cybermen find away into this dimension and torchwood is set on the old site of the dalek episode (where the dalek blows himself up and theres henry van stat blah blah) torchwood take the tardis and put it in this machine and enermies of the docter come out. torchwood stops it after two enermoes come out one the darleks the other is unknown but they team up with the cybermen and theres a huge battle with the daleks and cybermen the cybermen win (annoying) and then the docters got to stop them but at the cost of rose and her mum i think the unkown enermy is thought to be the master or the gelth from unquiet dead because the rift opened in boom town and the gelth came out into the tardis or something like that and a darlek was killed in the tardis so thats how they came out or something like that so hope you enjoy

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 24 2006 @ 07:50 PM EDT
    This is the first time I've seen an episode preview and been genuinely unimpressed. Soon as I saw the Cybus Industry Cybermen, I was massively disappointed. I hated that story arc from earlier in the season. It does not deserve continuation. If we have to endure Cybermen again after the earlier fiasco, at least let them be true Cybermen. I'm really scared this is going to be complete rubbish. Four episodes out of 13 devoted to not-really-Cybermen Cybermen? Please.

The undisputed classic of this series so far has been the Satan duology, and that was, at least in DW terms, original. I would much prefer something that came completely out of left field—with no ties to any classic monsters—than to wait around for a shadow of a monster that has, let's face it, been done better, and with greater success, on Star Trek, and indeed on Doctor Who where they're also known as Daleks.

I'm sure the episodes will be acted well and enjoyable in their way, that the Torchwood stuff will be great, and that Rose's departure will be suitably emotional, but it's just a huge disappointment to me that we're continuing "Terry Nation's Cybermen".

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." — JNT, 1986
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Saturday, June 24 2006 @ 09:11 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  DarthSkeptical]
    I'm sure the episodes will be acted well and enjoyable in their way, that the Torchwood stuff will be great, and that Rose's departure will be suitably emotional, but it's just a huge disappointment to me that we're continuing "Terry Nation's Cybermen".

Eh?
    I thought the Cybermen were created by Kit Peddar and someone-else-whose-name-escapes-me. (Or was that your point?)
    I thought the ROTC and AOS episodes were some of the best from this series (apart from GITF and L&M). Besides Star Trek (wash your mouth out with soap and water!) effectively copied the Cybermen in the form of the Borg (scary tennis players from the 70's). I nearly had an accident in my pants when I saw the preview for next week. Can't wait! Three thumbs up! (Grew up near a nuclear power station)

Excallibur? Blizard? ...Bikini Cops?
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 24 2006 @ 10:15 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  taff1a]
    [Quote  by:  DarthSkeptical]

Eh?

I thought the Cybermen were created by Kit Peddar and someone-else-whose-name-escapes-me. (Or was that your point?)

I thought the ROTC and AOS episodes were some of the best from this
    series (apart from GITF and L&M). Besides Star Trek (wash your mouth out with soap and water!) effectively copied the Cybermen in the form of the Borg (scary tennis players from the 70's). I nearly had an accident in my pants when I saw the preview for next week. Can't wait! Three thumbs up! (Grew up near a nuclear power station)
    Yeah, that was my point.

These Cybermen were rather blatantly ripped off "Genesis of the Daleks", by Terry Nation. And, yes, the Borg are general copies of the Cybermen, but they were done so much more compellingly that the "who-came-first" of it all is really academic. It's not always a matter of who did it first, but who did it better.

Besides, the Cybermen are really, themselves, copies of the Daleks, even in their original Peddler/Davis form from "The Tenth Planet". The opportunity RTD missed, I think, was in giving us some better definition between the two sets of monsters. Instead, he just made them seem even more like "walking Daleks".

So, I'm rather disappointed that they will return, and in not one, but two, new episodes. And in episodes crucial to Rose's departure. And in Torchwood's arrival. They'll now be inescapably linked to rather important events, instead of tucked away in a pocket universe I could've just ignored.

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." — JNT, 1986

Saturday, June 24 2006 @ 10:59 PM EDT
    The green beam did look like a Dalek matter disrupter.

Since before this series started I saw rumours that the last two episodes would be a two parter, that it would feature the Cybermen and that the last part was some sort of all out war betwixt the Cybermen and the Daleks.

The Doctors comment about a storm coming was interesting given the line about what the Dalek legends call him.

Has RTD been seeding this since the last series?

Forget the shooty dog thing!

Saturday, June 24 2006 @ 11:10 PM EDT
    Lets not forget The Face of Boe has yet to make its (his?) final revelation

http://members.cox.net/rengobnor/ ..... Yahoo messenger -- rengob_nor

Saturday, June 24 2006 @ 11:59 PM EDT
    Yeah, wow. That was one rich trailer.

My daughter, especially after watching "The Satan Pit" is quite sad that it appears Rose is going to die. Now that doesn't mean she will. The Beast can't necessarily tell the future, but even so, Rose is leaving, and my daughter is quite upset about it.

I'm looking forwrad to the next two episodes.

Not sure I like the two worlds which only got breached by accident coming together again so easily. The Doctor (who of course is not always right) said that getting back there would be impossible, as the only reason it happened in the first place is due to a bizarre accident) could have been wrong of course.

Should be good.

Now let's hope Season 3 leaves the Earth behind... far behind. I think Season 3 should have 3 episodes that take place on Earth. The rest should really go back to Doctor Who's roots and take place on some cool alien planets for a change.

Sick sick sick to death of Earth.

Don't we watch space/time travelling science fiction to LEAVE Earth?

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Sunday, June 25 2006 @ 12:20 AM EDT
    !!!!POTENTIAL SPOILER IN THE LAST PARAGRAPH!!!!

Well the rumors of both Daleks and Cybermen have been floating around for quite some time, so I was prepared for that. What struck me as I watched the trailer was how much more cinematic the feel of it was. To me it looked like something you'd pay money to see in a theater.

Saving the budget on the last two episodes may pay off big time during this season's finale. I'm prepared to have my socks, and possibly other articles of clothing, blown off.

I hope I'm not being too optimistic. Smile

I'm definitely with you on the leaving Earth thing. Perhaps a new companion with fewer ties back home will allow for more off planet adventures.

!!!!POTENTIAL SPOILER BELOW USING INVISO-TEXT!!!!

Finally, more than a month ago, somone on the forum posted a link to an IMDB entry that listed the cast and characters of these final episodes. I followed the link and one of the characters listed was none other than Davros himself.

"Elemental, my dear Benton." The Doctor to Sgt. Benton (The Daemons)

Sunday, June 25 2006 @ 02:48 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Abersoch]
    [Quote  by:  capricorn1] You may want to consider spoilering the title of this thread. I know it's common knowledge now but I managed to upset a few people Oops! when I posted the link to the BBC Website and mentioned Rose leaving in the title?

...But if you do, put the word SPOILER at the beginning of the title - not the end. It didn't help me to avoid the news about Rose last time because there was no indication it was a spoiler when I read the title off the post listings at the left hand side of the front page.

I just added the spoiler warnings (in the beginning as well as the in place of the name "Rose" as well).

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic