The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Mark of the Rani? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 301 - 'The Mark of the Rani' is Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Featured in Podcastrovalva
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 300 - The Passing of Kate O'Mara, Interviews with Mary Tamm and Janet Fielding
  • NASA New Spacesuit Z-2 Dominates
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 299 - 'The Web of Fear' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 298 - 'The Enemy of the World' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Emma Campbell-Jones joins the L.I. Who 2 line up "Best news all day"
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 297 - Classic Interview with Colin Baker, News, Feedback, and More
  • How do you rate the Matt Smith era of Doctor Who? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Podshock Live Recording
    Podshock Live Recording
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  Army Of Ghosts!
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Army Of Ghosts! Views: 7790
     Saturday, July 01 2006 @ 02:48 PM EDT
    SPOILERS

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek!

Daleks!!! I know there have been rumours but I was genuinely shocked!!!!

I need a TARDIS so I can get to next Saturday!!!

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, July 01 2006 @ 02:52 PM EDT
    They just never die and go away...

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, July 01 2006 @ 02:52 PM EDT
    I think the phrase I'm looking for rhymes with "CLUCKING BELL!". Surprised!

"The stuff of legend"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, July 01 2006 @ 02:57 PM EDT
    DALEKS BABY!

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, July 01 2006 @ 02:58 PM EDT
    how about....

"CHUCKING TELL!"

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, July 01 2006 @ 03:03 PM EDT
    England got knocked out of the world cup Cry but I have the biggest craziest great big happy smile on my face...... Cybermen and Daleks Twisted Evil Cool I can hardly wait for next week, but the question is who gets Rose? - is she going to be killed by a Cyberman, or is a Dalek going to end her journeys in the Tardis .

You are rogue elements... You are incompatible... You will be... Deleted!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, July 01 2006 @ 03:14 PM EDT
    Oh, I think there is more than one way to "die".

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, July 01 2006 @ 03:17 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Delete!] but the question is who gets Rose? - is she going to be killed by a Cyberman, or is a Dalek going to end her journeys in the Tardis .

There is also the posibility of her getting shot by one of the Torchwood people.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, July 01 2006 @ 03:19 PM EDT
    Hey!! change that spoiler thingie to be in the title of the thread cos your spoiler spacing wasn't very good and I was silly enough to read the thread in the first place oh dear daleks AND cybermen??? I'm beside myself with worry and excitement! Surprised!

If Worzel Gummidge and the Third Doctor had a fist fight - who would win?
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Excellent episode!

The very imperialist attitude of Torchwood disturbed me though... As did the line in the next episode "This is our plant and your going to listen for once" I will bet you a pound to a penny that line is directed at the doctor. Russels Human-centric vision of Doctor Who is starting to grate a bit, you don't talk down to a Time Lord.

Profile    PM    Email   

Sorry double post.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, July 01 2006 @ 03:21 PM EDT
    what a gr8 episode daleks and cybermen and finally torchwood too.

Now i have just had a thought that sphere had been around a long time between universe's, well what if the dalaks helped to create the alternate cybermen on that other Earth, might explain why they are cybermen but not quite the original cybermen from our universe, cause the dalake obviously know of the cybermen from our universe dont they?

What if Rose dont die but gets left behind i got funny feeling she aint going to really die. (i know she is leaveing but i think she might stay on alternate Earth or original Earth?)

in the clip for next week it looks like cybermens weapons are useless against dalek weps and shields, if dalaks loose cybermen would gain some cool tech upgrades wouldnt they? by daleks looseing probably they escape maybe they win i dont know lol, looks like they come to some truce though as cyberman says they could together upgrade the universe at end of next weeks clip.

While i think about the clip last weeks fear her clip for this weeks episode didnt have all stuff shown so some that was for both finale episodes.

oh i just had another thought too hmm the dalaks have just appeared in 21st century yeah, right what of these dalaks are the dalaks from end season 1 but before they have started their plan from rebuilding themselves eh so it would come full circle for dalaks as we know their fate at end season 1. As for the cybermen not sure tbh maybe they shift back to their universe and Rose goes with Mickey to fight on against the cybermen Razz could well be.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, July 01 2006 @ 03:40 PM EDT
    Or she gets upgraded into a Cyberman and one thing leads to another and in order to save Jackie the Doctor needs to disable the Rose cyberman and just in the last moments, as Rose's cyber consciousness ebbs away, her cyber voice changes into Rose's human voice and he realises that to save Jackie he killed Rose... now wouldn't that make life really complicated feeling.

The only thing and the one thing that really disappointed me in this episode was right at the start when we heard Rose talking about her travels with the Doctor, which have involved going to Earth in the past and Earth in the future and Earth in the present day and going to some spaceship that had portals which tunneled back to Earth and then some planet that looked like Earth only it was slightly newer and yet another Earth except it was in another reality and then some impossible planet that had people on it who came from Earth and only in Rose's penultimate episode do we get to see the Tardis landed on some planet that looks as alien as alien can be... note to Russel T Davis... can we please see more alien worlds Smile

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, July 01 2006 @ 03:55 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Doctor Slug]Now i have just had a thought that sphere had been around a long time between universe's, well what if the dalaks helped to create the alternate cybermen on that other Earth, might explain why they are cybermen but not quite the original cybermen from our universe, cause the dalake obviously know of the cybermen from our universe dont they?

But we already know whereabouts Cybermen with a Cybus Industries logo on their chest come from and who created them, or have you forgotten all about this seasons episodes 'Rise of the Cybermen' and 'Age of Steel'.

I know some people have groaned and moaned about having Cybermen created by John Lumic and Cybus Industries in a alternate reality on a alternate Earth, but with the arrival of Cybus Industries Cybermen in our reality we have the plot possability of Cybus Cybermen going up against Mondas Cybermen or even both joining forces against a common foe... our Doctor Who world just got very interesting even if it was already extraordinarily interesting indeed.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, July 01 2006 @ 04:36 PM EDT
    I suppose it would be possible for the Daleks to invent a ship that travelled to the alternate Earth and helped create an environment for the Cybermen, but for that to happen suggests that their plan all along has been to bring the Cybermen to this Earth and that sounds like an awfully long-winded way of trying to conquer Earth. Therefore I don't think that was the plan.

What we have seen suggests the Daleks arrival attracted the attention of Torchwood, who decided to meddle with the fabric of space/time and this attracted the interest of the Cybermen who were looking for a way off alternate-Earth.

As for Rose dying....well, I am almost 50/50 as to whether she does or not but I'm currently learning towards the NOT. I've totted up my reasons for as to why each fate might occur, as follows:

1.) Why Rose might die
    - would be a really dramatic ending
    - could (debatably) be the last thing viewers would expect (a la Christopher Eccleston regeneration in series one - well it would have been if all had gone to plan)
    - the Beast suggested she would die valiantly in battle

2.) Why Rose won't die
    - the beast could have been lying. He is evil for Christssake!
    - it would permanently close the door on established history of the show that the newer viewers can relate to. Lots of kids relate much more closely to the assistant than the Doctor.
    - rules out any possible future meeting with Sarah Jane Smith. That "find me, if you ever need to" line is just too tempting a door to leave open.
    - it's a family show. Would they really want to upset the kiddies?
    - they have already ended a series by getting rid of a character (ie Christopher Eccleston) and don't want to look like they can't think of a different series finale.
    - there is just too much potential invested in Rose and her family/friends to drop them all just like that. It would be like having an episode of Blakes 7 and killing off half of the main....erm.....ok that's a bad example, but you get my meaning.

I think [SPOILER for those who avoided the "next week" bit] the return of Peter and the chance to fix everything with her family [/spoiler] will prove too much of a temptation for her. Potentially she has a lot to live for.

That's my thoughts on the matter, at any rate.

Abersoch

P.S. Liked the faschist Torchwood. Reminded me a bit of the Big Finish episode Jubilee where Britain was a faschist state that had subjugated the US. Rose walking around in a scientist's jacket in the laboratory corridor reminded me of BF's Harvest, where the 7th Doctor and Ace are investigating a hospital and....ooops, better not say any more.

Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored