The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Dark Water? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Dark Water' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 02

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    TARDIS in the Cardiff Exhibition
    TARDIS in the Cardiff Exhibition
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  Support This Forum and Bid!
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Support This Forum and Bid! Views: 4529
     Friday, March 23 2007 @ 12:20 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  constantirritant]
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    Without wishing to deprive you of the model set - I'd just like to remind others they have until the end of the month (March 07) to bid higher.

{looking over both shoulders for eavesdroppers}

That's the idea. Wink

OK Big Grin

By the way did I see you drive to work this morning?

here

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Friday, March 23 2007 @ 02:08 PM EDT

By the way did I see you drive to work this morning?

here

Laughing Out Loud Nope. But I could get there in a 15-minute walk.

BTW, that lovely "X" visible in the street that marks the spot where Kennedy's limo was when he was shot? It was put there and maintained by one of the coterie of "entrepreneurs" (aka conspiracy theorists) that haunt Dealey Plaza accepting "donations" in exchange for copies of their books/zines/CD-ROMS that contain The Truth about the assassination. Some of them are quite interesting.

Constant Irritant

"There's room for one more..."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, March 25 2007 @ 08:26 PM EDT
    BUMP

Just to keep the thread up top! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Sunday, March 25 2007 @ 10:01 PM EDT

Re: Dealy Plaza - Downtown Dallas, Tx.

And we all know what a special place it is in realtion (in time) to Doctor Who. And of course we all know that there is a secret bunker under Reunion Tower where they are Defending the earth from extra terestrial invaders that was established druing Texas' brief stint as a country Wink . And don't tell me you didn't know. But that's another story.

Cheers,
    Mike M.

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Monday, March 26 2007 @ 06:41 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  merlin_mccarley]
    Re: Dealy Plaza - Downtown Dallas, Tx.

And we all know what a special place it is in realtion (in time) to Doctor Who. And of course we all know that there is a secret bunker under Reunion Tower where they are Defending the earth from extra terestrial invaders that was established druing Texas' brief stint as a country Wink . And don't tell me you didn't know. But that's another story.

Cheers,
    Mike M.

Torchwood 5?? Big Grin

Cheers, daveac

Thursday, March 29 2007 @ 10:19 AM EDT
    All right, you guys. Don't tell me you're going to let a mere 30 simoleons stand between you and your very own Captain Jack and Empty Child.

How can you miss this opportunity to display the Very Model of a 51st Century Guy for your friends and co-workers to admire? Or the chance to creep out everybody within earshot with "Mummmmmm-eeeeee! Are you my Mummy?" complete with a visual aid? (Not to mention the chance to earn the undying gratitude of James, Ken, and Louis for your generous donation toward keeping Podshock going.)

Are you going to let me walk away with these cool action figures with just one bid? Like taking candy from a baby? Hmmmmm?

Constant, being an Irritant for a good cause
    Smile

"There's room for one more..."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, March 29 2007 @ 10:28 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  constantirritant]

Are you going to let me walk away with these cool action figures with just one bid? Like taking candy from a baby? Hmmmmm?

Constant, being an Irritant for a good cause
    Smile

Well said - and no 'irritants' just outbidding him by one dollar!

Bidding closes midnight 31st March for me here in the UK - so that will mean around 6 pm on 31st March 'Forum Time'

Cheers, daveac

Saturday, March 31 2007 @ 08:42 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  constantirritant] USD $30.

Constant Irritant

I think I can now declare you as the winning bidder as is is now 1st April in the UK.

Well done constantirritant.

If you will contact me - cooperda@tiscali.co.uk
    with your address I shall get the item to you.

Louis will be happy to accept your Paypal donation

Three cheers for constantirritant

Cheers, daveac

Monday, April 02 2007 @ 01:26 PM EDT
    Parcel Away!

So anyone? Linquel?

Want to start an 'April Offer'

Cheers, daveac

Monday, April 02 2007 @ 03:47 PM EDT
    I really enjoyed this - I'm ready to go again! Better than eBay for such a worthy cause.

P.S. It is of course possible that this message is a trap. If it is I can deal with it. P.P.S. I'm leaving this note in case I can't!

Tuesday, April 03 2007 @ 07:32 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  timeflight] I really enjoyed this - I'm ready to go again! Better than eBay for such a worthy cause.

BUMP

So anyone?

Cheers, daveac

Tuesday, April 03 2007 @ 08:57 PM EDT
    So anyone?

Cheers, daveac

Well, as I mentioned before...I have an extra copy of Peter Haining's Doctor Who - A Celebration: Two Decades Through Time and Space. ISBN: 0491033516 Published by W.H. Allen, London, in 1983. 256 pages, plus 8 pages of color photos. I won't say it's in perfect/mint condition, but I'd go so far as saying it's in very good condition. I don't know if this is something people would be willing to make a donation for or not, but I'd be willing to offer it up just like Dave did.

-L

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, April 04 2007 @ 05:11 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Linquel]
    So anyone?

Cheers, daveac

Well, as I mentioned before...I have an extra copy of Peter Haining's Doctor Who - A Celebration: Two Decades Through Time and Space. ISBN: 0491033516 Published by W.H. Allen, London, in 1983. 256 pages, plus 8 pages of color photos. I won't say it's in perfect/mint condition, but I'd go so far as saying it's in very good condition. I don't know if this is something people would be willing to make a donation for or not, but I'd be willing to offer it up just like Dave did.

-L

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Not knowing where you're located, are you willing to ship to the UK or if you're UK based are you willing to ship to the US?

If you will ship to the UK I'll start the ball rolling with $20

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, April 04 2007 @ 07:13 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  capricorn1]Not knowing where you're located, are you willing to ship to the UK or if you're UK based are you willing to ship to the US?

If you will ship to the UK I'll start the ball rolling with $20

I'm in the U.S., Chicago specifically. I'll ship anywhere, but like Dave said, it might not be the fastest method.

Confused

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, April 04 2007 @ 07:38 AM EDT
    Well, I'm just 1.5 hours south of you in Bloomington-Normal, and I will open the bidding at $10.

Pat

"Don't play as if you've swallowed the metronome!" -- Nadia Boulanger

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages