The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Dark Water? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Dark Water' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 02

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    K9
    K9
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  CIA after podshock
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    CIA after podshock Views: 5457
     Sunday, July 15 2007 @ 11:09 AM EDT
    Just reminding everyone about CIA today after Podshock.
    We will be discussing Doctor Who Past, Present , And Future. so come one and all for a great discussion

"I've seen whole armies turn and run away. And he'd just swagger off back to his TARDIS and open the doors with a snap of his fingers. The Doctor in the TARDIS.
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Sunday, July 15 2007 @ 03:55 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  geekweekFL] Just reminding everyone about CIA today after Podshock.
    We will be discussing Doctor Who Past, Present , And Future. so come one and all for a great discussion

Check the Talkshoe site to be sure but I think this has now been posponed until next week.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Saturday, August 11 2007 @ 09:40 PM EDT
    sorry i haven't been around guys, but work has been killing me lately. CIA will be returning next sunday at our regular time. im sorry for any inconvenience, and we weill see you next week. coming soon LIVE at Dragon Con.

"I've seen whole armies turn and run away. And he'd just swagger off back to his TARDIS and open the doors with a snap of his fingers. The Doctor in the TARDIS.

Sunday, August 12 2007 @ 08:23 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  geekweekFL] sorry i haven't been around guys, but work has been killing me lately. CIA will be returning next sunday at our regular time. im sorry for any inconvenience, and we weill see you next week. coming soon LIVE at Dragon Con.

Glad you're OK.

I was asking about you on this thread:-

Looking for CIA's url

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Friday, October 19 2007 @ 02:05 PM EDT
    After much Drama in my life this summer i would like to announce the return of CIA. i will be on talkshoe this sunday at 3:00pm where we will be discussing whatever comes to mind. i WILL be there, so come join me.

thanks
    west

Friday, October 19 2007 @ 02:20 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  geekweekFL] After much Drama in my life this summer i would like to announce the return of CIA. i will be on talkshoe this sunday at 3:00pm where we will be discussing whatever comes to mind. i WILL be there, so come join me.

thanks
    west

Glad to see you back west Big Grin

There have been a few 'missing on parade' these last few weeks along with Louis, yourself, James and Abersoch.

Cheers, daveac

Saturday, October 20 2007 @ 02:27 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  geekweekFL] After much Drama in my life this summer i would like to announce the return of CIA. i will be on talkshoe this sunday at 3:00pm where we will be discussing whatever comes to mind. i WILL be there, so come join me.

thanks
    west

Welcome back West. New Podshock and CIA this weekend, wow getting spoilt Mr. Green

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, October 23 2007 @ 10:19 PM EDT
    We at CIA would like to invite you to our next episode. it will be sunday at 1:00 at talkshoe. we are discussing Buffy and Angel, and any other topic Halloween oriented. so please give us a listen. thank you for reading this post.

have a good week
    west and the gang

Wednesday, October 24 2007 @ 01:50 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  geekweekFL] We at CIA would like to invite you to our next episode. it will be sunday at 1:00 at talkshoe. we are discussing Buffy and Angel, and any other topic Halloween oriented. so please give us a listen. thank you for reading this post.

have a good week
    west and the gang

Lets hope the technology works a bit better!

And Louis - West is only taking your slot because its free that weekend.

Cheers, daveac

Wednesday, October 24 2007 @ 08:44 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    Lets hope the technology works a bit better!

And Louis - West is only taking your slot because its free that weekend.

Cheers, daveac

That's fine. We would not be normally recording then anyway. Besides, I would like to change the live recording time perhaps... I don't know, lately we have been having trouble getting our regular participants and callers back on the show again.... I am not sure if putting it at a different time would make a difference or not. If we were to push it to 12 noon our time, it would make it 9 am on the west coast in the US, that may be too early. Making it an evening time here, makes it difficult for our friends in the UK. And Australia is bum out of luck all together it seems.

That's the only draw back with the live shows.

By the way, I still haven't had a chance to listen to the CIA show from last Sunday... were there technical problems? I am assuming so judging from your post.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Thursday, October 25 2007 @ 07:11 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

That's fine. We would not be normally recording then anyway. Besides, I would like to change the live recording time perhaps... I don't know, lately we have been having trouble getting our regular participants and callers back on the show again.... I am not sure if putting it at a different time would make a difference or not. If we were to push it to 12 noon our time, it would make it 9 am on the west coast in the US, that may be too early. Making it an evening time here, makes it difficult for our friends in the UK. And Australia is bum out of luck all together it seems.

That's the only draw back with the live shows.

By the way, I still haven't had a chance to listen to the CIA show from last Sunday... were there technical problems? I am assuming so judging from your post.

Cheers,
    Louis

The technical problem was that West could get logged in properly to run the podcast - he got so desperate that he risked the whole shows future by asking ME to host it Oops!

Listen - and you can judge for yourself!

About Podshock times - (and for West to note) at Midnight on Sunday 28th Oct (after the show) British Summer Time ends and the clocks go back to GMT (clocks go BACK 1 hour)

I don't know what happens in the US.

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, October 28 2007 @ 08:40 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    About Podshock times - (and for West to note) at Midnight on Sunday 28th Oct (after the show) British Summer Time ends and the clocks go back to GMT (clocks go BACK 1 hour)

I don't know what happens in the US.

Cheers, daveac

Just an update - the hour went back at 2am THIS morning - so CIA will be at 5pm in the UK (not at 6pm)

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, October 28 2007 @ 12:54 PM EDT

I listened to last week's CIA (or is it CIA-Shock now ;o) )... Great show. Good discussion. I am sorry I couldn't have been a part of it.

Dave, you did a fantastic job. Good show man. I didn't think it was possible to "give the keys" so to speak to another person of a given podcast on Talkshoe. Perhaps this is something they added recently?

As for the time change... Yeah, normally it would be changing to standard time here in the US this morning as well. But due to our lovely elected "friends" in DC (not you, Dave.... the other DC as in District of Columbia) they moved it back a week or two. So now any device I have in my home that has a clock that would automatically change this weekend are now displaying the wrong time.

If it was up to me, I would do away with DST altogether. Just stick with one time and be done with it. No more of this "pretend time" for several months of the year.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Sunday, October 28 2007 @ 12:57 PM EDT
    Thanks Louis.

CIA staring NOW!!!!!

Cheers, daveac

Monday, November 05 2007 @ 08:24 AM EST

Just a quick word about the latest CIA podcast.

With the support of dmwalling, ninjaman6 and Merlin we managed to get a CIA podcast up on the second half of the two part 'Buffy & Angel' chat- this week focusing on the TV series 'Angel'

I hope you all give it a listen and that next week it will be back to normal service with West at the helm.

Next weeks topic yet to be fixed but in the absence of a Live Podshock it should be going out on the 1pm EST slot (this is with Louis' permission)

Cheers, daveac

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored