The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Yet Another Promo for the 2014 Doctor Who Christmas Special - Last Christmas
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 319 - The 2014 Series of Doctor Who Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Corgi Collector's Box
    Corgi Collector's Box
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  CIA -info & updates
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    CIA -info & updates Views: 19205
     Monday, March 16 2009 @ 11:27 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  DarthSkeptical] So Gizmo (and I presume, VOIP) started working almost immediately after CIA ended. Where's the fairness in that? SmileSmile

Do you think they are trying to drop us a hint :-)

At first I thought it was my error - only Skype OUT worked.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Wednesday, March 18 2009 @ 03:32 PM EDT
    And so the VoIP-lessness continues. They've tweeted a confirmation that they've had intermittent VoIP since about the 14th and deliberately shut it down until "Tuesday AM". Only problem is that it's Wednesday now, and still nothing. As I read between the lines, what seems to have happened is that they unexpectedly screwed up VoIP when they did some sort of upgrade, and now their fate is not in their own hands. Now they've gotta call in some kind of hardware manufacturer support, so who knows when they'll get it back up. Oh what I would kill for now to have one of those nifty li'l boxes that pumps the computer output directly into a standard phone line . . .

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." JNT, 1986

Wednesday, March 18 2009 @ 04:15 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  DarthSkeptical] And so the VoIP-lessness continues. They've tweeted a confirmation that they've had intermittent VoIP since about the 14th and deliberately shut it down until "Tuesday AM". Only problem is that it's Wednesday now, and still nothing. As I read between the lines, what seems to have happened is that they unexpectedly screwed up VoIP when they did some sort of upgrade, and now their fate is not in their own hands. Now they've gotta call in some kind of hardware manufacturer support, so who knows when they'll get it back up. Oh what I would kill for now to have one of those nifty li'l boxes that pumps the computer output directly into a standard phone line . . .

On Tuesday we had to do the New Wine Consumer TalkShoe - ID 11888 - via Skype OUT.

I think TalkShoe itself would benefit from being bought out by some big IT firm - I think it was about to be bought out a year ago - at the time they were paying out to some high rated shows.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Sunday, March 22 2009 @ 12:45 PM EDT

CIA in just over an hour - this week 'Comedy Legends' -

CIA on TalkShoe

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, March 29 2009 @ 07:27 AM EDT
    Just to let you guys know... I've got a cold at the moment, so I don't know how well my voice will be, and I'm quite tired and haven't really made many notes (because I've been working on cosplay nearly every waking hour these last few weeks) so I'm going to wing it... hope I'll be ok ^_^

I've recorded a few 'interviews' with a few of my cosplay friends at the con yesterday, I'll send them to you Dave and maybe you can play them during the show... there's only 4.

bye bye david :(

Sunday, March 29 2009 @ 10:44 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  romana_II] Just to let you guys know... I've got a cold at the moment, so I don't know how well my voice will be, and I'm quite tired and haven't really made many notes (because I've been working on cosplay nearly every waking hour these last few weeks) so I'm going to wing it... hope I'll be ok ^_^

I've recorded a few 'interviews' with a few of my cosplay friends at the con yesterday, I'll send them to you Dave and maybe you can play them during the show... there's only 4.

Hope you are feeling better romanaII - that all should be fine.

Just checked my email - no audio yet.

I should be online after 'tea' but well before the show starts.

Thanks, daveac

NOTE to all todays CIA is on Cosplay - 2pm EDT - here in UK we have moved to Summer time so it will be 7PM

Sunday, April 05 2009 @ 01:36 PM EDT

CIA in 20m - http://tinyurl.com/6bk5aq - Being Human, Primeval or Open Mike

Cheers,daveac

Monday, April 06 2009 @ 07:16 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]

Cheers,daveac

Hi all,

Just in case you missed this week CIA live - we chatted after the recording ended about upcoming show topics.

1) Easter Sunday - hopefully I'll just chair a fairly open show - avoiding any of the topics listed below. If everybody is busy with family & friends it might just be a short and small gathering.

2) A follow on show from PodShock LIVE about 'Planet of the Dead' for those who want to keep talking - stat time likely to be two hours later than normal - ie. 4 PM EDT

3) Red Dwarf - 4 new episodes over the Easter weekend.

4) Star Trek retrospective

5) Series finales

More topics - running or to be arranged:-

Terminator Franchise: Did Sarah Conner See this Comming?
    Towel Day
    Star Trek - the new movie
    Stories..... FROM THE FUTURE
    Ashes to Ashes
    Merlin
    The Men Behind The Curtain: Special Effects Wizards
    Missing Dr Who
    Gerry Anderson Pulling Strings in Sci-Fi
    Superheros Run Amok

Cheers daveac & Ian

Sunday, April 12 2009 @ 12:26 PM EDT

Cheers,daveac

Hi all,

Just in case you missed this week CIA live - we chatted after the recording ended about upcoming show topics.

1) Easter Sunday - hopefully I'll just chair a fairly open show - avoiding any of the topics listed below. If everybody is busy with family & friends it might just be a short and small gathering.

2) A follow on show from PodShock LIVE about 'Planet of the Dead' for those who want to keep talking - stat time likely to be two hours later than normal - ie. 4 PM EDT

3) Red Dwarf - 4 new episodes over the Easter weekend.

4) Star Trek retrospective

5) Series finales

More topics - running or to be arranged:-

Terminator Franchise: Did Sarah Conner See this Comming?
    Towel Day
    Star Trek - the new movie
    Stories..... FROM THE FUTURE
    Ashes to Ashes
    Merlin
    The Men Behind The Curtain: Special Effects Wizards
    Missing Dr Who
    Gerry Anderson Pulling Strings in Sci-Fi
    Superheros Run Amok

Cheers daveac & Ian

SEE ABOVE please

CIA today at 2PM EDT

CIA on TalkShoe

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, April 19 2009 @ 01:22 PM EDT
    CIA at 4pm EDT today 'POTD'

- after PodShock LIVE that starts at 2pm EDT-

CIA on TalkShoe

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, April 26 2009 @ 12:06 PM EDT

CIA 2pm EDT today

Talking about new Red Dwarf

CIA on TalkShoe

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, May 03 2009 @ 10:12 AM EDT
    CIA 2pm EDT today

Talking about Shocking Deaths in TV & SF

CIA on TalkShoe

Cheers, The6thDoctor

"Oh and Yes... I did interview Gigi Edgley.. just in case you were wondering... yes Gigi... Chiana from Farscape, Yup I interviewed her... in person you know...
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, May 10 2009 @ 01:13 PM EDT

CIA 2pm EDT today

Starts in 40 minutes!

CIA- The Needs of the Many Cia

CIA on TalkShoe

Cheers, daveac

Monday, May 11 2009 @ 05:35 PM EDT
    CIA 2pm EDT today

Starts in 40 minutes!

CIA on TalkShoe

Cheers, daveac

Just to clarify - we talked about the new Star Trek film on this show - lot's of Spoilers!

Cheers, daveac

Monday, May 11 2009 @ 07:03 PM EDT
    CIA 2pm EDT today

Starts in 40 minutes!

CIA on TalkShoe

Cheers, daveac

Just to clarify - we talked about the new Star Trek film on this show - lot's of Spoilers!

Cheers, daveac

Just listenning back to CIA on iTunes - and remembered my comment about the appearance (I thought) of the Doctor from Stargate Adlantis in a bit part.

I was right!

Paul McGillion who was up for the role of Scotty got a small part in the Star Trek film - he Did!

here

Cheers, daveac

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored