The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Dark Water? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Dark Water' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 02

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Mark Strickson in Sydney
    Mark Strickson in Sydney
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  CIA -info & updates
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    CIA -info & updates Views: 19055
     Sunday, March 02 2008 @ 03:59 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  daveac]

Right - sorry to follow myself - but I've just downloaded the 'show' (I use that word lightly!!) - it's 1hr 49 mins long BUT only about 33 minutes is real show.

I'm going to try to edit it and upload the shortened version - so if you like pain download the long version quickly before I find a way to upload a cleaned-up version.

Cheers, daveac

33 minute version now up!

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Sunday, March 02 2008 @ 06:41 PM EST
    Well thank goodness I uploaded a shortened version of CIA I'm jabbering away and poor jakiwitch1 is trying to talk to me.

It's like an episode of Randell & Hopkirk - Deceased Confused

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Tuesday, March 04 2008 @ 12:30 AM EST
    oh no! I missed it Frown

can someone please post here the day before the podcast (I generally check here every day), or if possible schelude it on the talkshoe page the day or two days before.

Being on the otherside of the world my timezone is very different, 1pm Sunday afternoon in America is 5am Monday morning in Australia.
    I have to set my alarm for 4.55am the night before to come on to the podcast, so I need to know when and if it's on with a little more notice than a couple of hours.

I'm really sorry for the big whine, but I love coming on, I had such fun last week, so I'm really sad that I missed it, despite the tech problems it had.

bye bye david :(

Tuesday, March 04 2008 @ 09:29 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  romana_II] oh no! I missed it Frown

can someone please post here the day before the podcast (I generally check here every day), or if possible schelude it on the talkshoe page the day or two days before.

Hi RomanaII - sorry you missed it.

I posted here earlier in the day that I would start the show - but I only do that when it looks like West won't make it - it's his show afterall.

Sometimes he's let me know by email he can't make it and then I post - and sometimes quickly setup a Cast.

The general rule is that if Podshock is not on at 1pm EST then CIA will take it's place - although remember CIA doesn't just cover Dr Who, we cover most SF and other British TV as well.

One thing to note - I think this coming weekend the US and Canada move onto Summer Time (is that 'spring back' 1 hour?) EDIT is that called 'Eastern Daylight Time EDT?- whilst here in the UK we don't change until 30th March.

Also note there don't seem to be Live Podshocks currently - but I think they will be weekly once Series 4 of Dr Who starts here in the UK.

Cheers, daveac

Tuesday, March 04 2008 @ 08:35 PM EST
    thanks dave.
    I think I'll assume there's one on everyweek from now on, and if it's not, I can just go back to sleep.

Let us know when the daylight savings finishs in Amercia, since I don't know how that'll mess up my time, 4am is alot earlier than I would like, but if that's the case, I might be able to still come on CIA even after podshock starts reviewing series 4.
    But then again, Daylight savings here starts end of March too.

damn daylight saving, oh how you confuse me.

Saturday, March 08 2008 @ 09:53 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  romana_II] thanks dave.
    I think I'll assume there's one on everyweek from now on, and if it's not, I can just go back to sleep.

damn daylight saving, oh how you confuse me.

I expect there to be a CIA on Sunday - but not sure of the time 1pm Eastern Daylight Time??

Anyway an hour earlier here in the UK.

Again West or myself will set it up that morning.

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, March 09 2008 @ 09:58 AM EDT
    I've just setup a CIA Podcast for 1pm EDT.

I have to go out for a couple of hours so had to set the show now in case West coundn't later.

I've emailed him with the info.

This will be ONE HOUR EARLIER for people not in the US or Canada. ie 5pm in the UK - 4am (Sorry) in Australia I think.

So other time zones will change and everything will get back to normal.

Topic? Well we'll start with Torchwood - quick review and a look at 'Someting Borrowed' - and the Open Mike' so to speak - or West's choice.

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, March 09 2008 @ 11:01 AM EDT
    thanks dave,so we're on the same timezone here in spain for the first time...all good,i'll be there,hope to catch everyone,blessed bez,peace outz...

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, March 09 2008 @ 12:46 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  jaki bruja] thanks dave,so we're on the same timezone here in spain for the first time...all good,i'll be there,hope to catch everyone,blessed bez,peace outz...

Great - we want new listenners - and chatters!

Starting in 15 minutes.

CIA - TalkShoe ID 30659#

SIP number to call in free 123@66.212.134.192

OR phone in in US 7244447444

I'll join in as daveac - unless West is away - then I'd come back in as 'Guest Host'

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, March 09 2008 @ 02:12 PM EDT

CIA just ended - many thanks to jakiwitch1 for 'co-hosting'

Sorry that the time change caught some people out. Sorry RomanaII - who arrived almost at the same moment I ended the recording - go back to sleep (5am in Australia)

You can download now from iTunes or go here:-

TalkShoe - CIA

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, March 09 2008 @ 09:50 PM EDT
    bugger Cry
    I really want to try out my new mic.

Thanks for thinking of me Dave, I did go back to bed, and back to sleep about 20 minutes later. ^_^

Unfortnately in order to come on that early in the morning I had to go to sleep at the absolute latest 12am Sunday night (since I have work that Monday morning) which in England time is 1pm Sunday afternoon and American time is 6 or 7am Sunday morning, I checked this thread and talkshoe the second I go to sleep and then set my alarm, but there wasn't anything about it being an hour early up at that time I checked here.
    Nothing much I can do but assume it's now on at 4am til Daylight savings starts over here.

When I finally do make it back on, can I give a brief overview on my throughts of Torchwood eps 8 and 9?

Sunday, March 09 2008 @ 10:57 PM EDT
    Hey 'guys', sorry I missed yer yesterday, but it was my birthday, so I was as drunk as an Aussie at a 'drink as much as you can, cos we we beat the English (again!)' contest (sorry Sam!).

But on the Saturday I met Sophie Aldred at an event in Manchester. To say she was my version of 'Dave's Zoe' is an understatement! She was lovely and I can't wait for her next audio!

Please check out my blog, as I attempt to watch and review EVERY Doctor Who episode! http://journeythroughtimeandspace.blogspot.com/

Monday, March 10 2008 @ 07:25 AM EDT
    it's all right mate, I'm a very un-Australian Australian being half English myself. I'm thrilled when Australia loses, simply because we win all the time, it gets boring.

Happy Birthday for yesterday, hope to hear from you next time.
    I love Sophie too, but my version of "Dave's Zoe" besides the 10th doctor would have to be Jamie. I just love my Scottish boys in Kilts ^_^

Friday, March 14 2008 @ 10:48 AM EDT
    big respect to yerself again dave for the show just gone,appologies for not posting sooner,but i came down with the worst flu i've ever had in my life this week,hopefully i have it licked now after 3 almost complete blackouts...i saw the latest episode though,however i was still so ill it seems just a dream,i'll watch it again over the weekend to get a clearer perspective...i think there was a wierd parallel between my virus & those sinister charactors,i remember that much!
    hope we kept things flowing for the talkcast,cheers again dave...thanx for trying romana II,i dug jamies style aswell,reminds me of underground parties when people started swaping clothes with the opposite gender...a tartan jumper or shirt looked like a kilt or skirt when worn around the waist after it got hot..good transgender fashion for the time...about the time derrick may's: transmat records got detroit electronic music noticed ironically..

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, March 14 2008 @ 07:23 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  jaki bruja] big respect to yerself again dave for the show just gone,appologies for not posting sooner,but i came down with the worst flu i've ever had in my life this week,hopefully i have it licked now after 3 almost complete blackouts...

hope we kept things flowing for the talkcast,cheers again dave...thanx for trying romana II,

Thanks Jaki - with your help we at least got some sort of a show out.

I was sorry that we missed RomanaII - I stopped the recording just as she seemed to appear.

Hopefully West will be back running the show on Sunday and people will have sorted out the earlier time.

Whether we stick with Torchwood - or move onto Primeval or even talk about Ashes to Ashes (which IS getting better to my mind) I don't know.

I hope people will check this thread out early Sunday.

Thanks again for helping to make the show happen - and I hope you are well soon.

EDIT - West has just posted a CIA for Sunday:-

here

Cheers, daveac

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored