The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Yet Another Promo for the 2014 Doctor Who Christmas Special - Last Christmas
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 319 - The 2014 Series of Doctor Who Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    John Barrowman at Toronto PRIDE
    John Barrowman at Toronto PRIDE
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  CIA -info & updates
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    CIA -info & updates Views: 19178
     Friday, March 14 2008 @ 10:05 PM EDT

I've just gone back to Episode 30 ( not the last episode) - the 31 minute episode with just me and jaki with audio and tried to tidy it up a bit more.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Saturday, March 15 2008 @ 02:45 PM EDT

Just noticed that West has set the CIA show to start at 2pm EDT not 1pm EDT

So in the UK that will be 6pm - 7pm for Jaki in Europe and 5am (I think) for RomanaII in Australia.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Saturday, March 15 2008 @ 03:05 PM EDT

FYI, even though many of the CIA shows are scheduled on the fly if you follow the show from the show
    page CIA TalkShoe Page you get a notification via e-mail of upcomming shows.
    Same goes for the Podshock TalkShoe Page.
    You have to be logged in to follow and followers are shown in the top right hand corner of the page.

Cheers,
    Mike

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Sunday, March 16 2008 @ 12:14 PM EDT
    i don't think i'll make this one...i'm shattered still from this damn flu..,hopefully i'll be more lively for the next one,appologies,have a good un'..

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, March 16 2008 @ 01:56 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  jaki bruja] i don't think i'll make this one...i'm shattered still from this damn flu..,hopefully i'll be more lively for the next one,appologies,have a good un'..

Having trouble getting the TalkShoe site - I hope there aren'yt problems!

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, March 16 2008 @ 02:02 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    [Quote  by:  jaki bruja] i don't think i'll make this one...i'm shattered still from this damn flu..,hopefully i'll be more lively for the next one,appologies,have a good un'..

Having trouble getting the TalkShoe site - I hope there aren'yt problems!

Cheers, daveac

Can't get into TalkShoe - anyone else having problems?

Is West there and the show running?

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, March 16 2008 @ 03:46 PM EDT

Well CIA ended up being a great if a strange show - technical difficulties again.

However if you are a fan of Torchwood there was plenty of lively chat about it.

The show is already up on iTunes - TalkShoe still seems a bit slow today - at least here in the UK.

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, March 16 2008 @ 10:23 PM EDT
    Sorry I missed the 'fun' again, Dave. I was dying to press my insluts, sorry, my views on the latest TW episode. I will be definitely there next week!

Please check out my blog, as I attempt to watch and review EVERY Doctor Who episode! http://journeythroughtimeandspace.blogspot.com/

Sunday, March 23 2008 @ 01:53 PM EDT

CIA

About to start folks!!

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, March 23 2008 @ 04:24 PM EDT

Right - a quick update folks!

I ended up Hosting CIA along with jakiwitch1 and RomanaII today.

However because I have to use ShoePhone to control the recording - and Skype to add my audio - the start got a bit messed up.

Because there was a lot of noise on the line as I did the intro I did a 'mute all' as Host - but of course I now realise that in doing so I muted myself as 'daveac' calling in.

So the first 1 and a half is silence.

Well as I'm writing this post I'm uploading a version with that time 'chopped out'

So the CIA will just jump straight in!

The topic is again Torchwood - discussing Episodes 11 'Adrift' and 12 'Fragments'

Because Torchwood is changing days the last episode 'Exit Wounds' will not have airred by next Sunday so unless West over-rules - CIA next week will be about 'Ashes to Ashes' which will just have come to the end of it's run by then - and in two weeks a wrap on Torchwood.

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, March 30 2008 @ 11:04 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    Right - a quick update folks!

Because Torchwood is changing days the last episode 'Exit Wounds' will not have airred by next Sunday so unless West over-rules - CIA next week will be about 'Ashes to Ashes' which will just have come to the end of it's run by then - and in two weeks a wrap on Torchwood.

Cheers, daveac

West has set CIA to start at 2pm EDT - just under 3 hours from this post.

Here in the UK that will be 7pm as our clocks went forward 1 hour this morning.

Cheers, daveac

Friday, April 04 2008 @ 03:20 AM EDT
    Hi,
    Just letting you know that my friends and I will be able to come on the podcast this Monday as long as it's after 6am Australian Time which would be around 4 - 5pm Eastern American time (New YorK).
    So in other words the later you can have the show the better for me and my friends.
    But if I don't manage to make it on, hope you guys have a good Torchwood wrap up.

byes!

bye bye david :(

Friday, April 04 2008 @ 10:53 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  romana_II] Hi,
    Just letting you know that my friends and I will be able to come on the podcast this Monday as long as it's after 6am Australian Time which would be around 4 - 5pm Eastern American time (New YorK).
    So in other words the later you can have the show the better for me and my friends.
    But if I don't manage to make it on, hope you guys have a good Torchwood wrap up.

byes!

West has just setup the CIA for Sunday (your Monday!) at 2.30 EDT

But He's put the subject - 'End of Torchwood'

So the first part on the podcast should be about the final episode of Torchwood that airs today in the UK 'Exit Wounds' and then I suppose a roundup of the whole series.

That should take up a good half hour or more - so if we hopefully get on to talking about 'Ashes to Ashes' - which we have put off for a couple of weeks - then it will be after 3pm EDT (not EST)

EDIT - with the technical startup problems we often have it could be nearer to 3.30pm by the time we get to 'Ashes to Ashes' which I know you spent a whole night watching last week ready for the podcast.

Has Australia moved onto Summer time - will that be 6am by then? I hope so.

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, April 06 2008 @ 05:39 AM EDT
    Alas, you've put it way too early for me (it's coming up as 4.30am when I check talkshoe)
    If I was at home back in Sydney I would come on at that time without a second guess, but I've been told by my friends parents whom I'm staying with in Brisbane that we can't go on until 7am Brisbane time.

It's not fair Frown
    I'm quite sad I'm going to miss it.

But yes, Australia has finished Daylight Savings today (sunday) yet I've been in Brisbane (which has no daylight savings) for the last couple of days.

Cry

Oh well, you guys have a great show, I'll be on next time... and when I do, can I give a quick review on my throughts of Torchwood and Ashes to Ashes.
    Please... Frown

bye bye david :(

Sunday, April 06 2008 @ 04:58 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  romana_II]

Oh well, you guys have a great show, I'll be on next time... and when I do, can I give a quick review on my throughts of Torchwood and Ashes to Ashes.
    Please... Frown

We had a great show - but left 'Ashes to Ashes' until you can join us. Big Grin

Cheers, daveac

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored