The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Mark of the Rani? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 301 - 'The Mark of the Rani' is Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Featured in Podcastrovalva
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 300 - The Passing of Kate O'Mara, Interviews with Mary Tamm and Janet Fielding
  • NASA New Spacesuit Z-2 Dominates
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 299 - 'The Web of Fear' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 298 - 'The Enemy of the World' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Emma Campbell-Jones joins the L.I. Who 2 line up "Best news all day"
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 297 - Classic Interview with Colin Baker, News, Feedback, and More
  • How do you rate the Matt Smith era of Doctor Who? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Slitheen
    Slitheen
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  CIA -info & updates
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    CIA -info & updates Views: 17904
     Sunday, July 27 2008 @ 04:36 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    After seeing a comment on Louis 'Twitter' I've done a slight edit on CIA Episode 49 - as the first 10 minutes were beset by tech problems and a breakthrough podcast.

I should have done this before as Ben mentions in the show.

Cheers, daveac

It was something like a 24 minute podcast of just everyone wondering what was going on. I don't know where West was, but Ian, yourself, and others seemed lost. Eventually you left and the others went too. I don't think you intended for the recording to go out, but it did.
    Cheers,
    Louis

Fairport - sorry :-) - fair point!

Perhaps we shouldn't have let this show out in the wild.

As to not knowing what was going on - we did - but couldn't understand how a certain person kept getting back into the show, time and time again - after being 'blocked' - not under another name or a different 'guest number' but with the same ID - they came in at least 8 times talking randomly.

This - we found out later had happenned to a number of TalkShoe shows around that week.

So Sorry to all those people that were put off by this show and I hope you will find that recent shows have been more 'on the money' - although we do have a rather 'un-structured' type of show.

If anybody was disappointed please keep listenning - and maybe join us live.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Saturday, August 02 2008 @ 08:35 PM EDT
    I mentioned the CIA podcast on the Doctor Who Forum (formerly Outpost Gallifrey forum) tonight in the podcasts thread. What CIA is, the topic I assume is happening Sunday (reaction to Journey's End), how to tune in live, don't say "Mississippi" to the hosts, etc. So if you get a few newbies mentioning reading about CIA on a forum, that could be my doing.

Also - sorry about the wrong blurb for the 27 July episode in This Week In Doctor Who. My mind wasn't working at the moment and mentally inserted a previous show instead of the female SciFi leads episode.

I will make it to the show, though there is a chance I could be a tad late or coming in, leaving, and coming back after an errand.

If folks are not talked out about Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica, and other assorted stuff tomorrow - there is the Two Doctors podcast on blogtalkradio.com hosted by Kenn and Jim. Sunday Midnight EDT, 9PM PDT, 5AM Monday BST, and I'm not going to try the Australian conversion. They will be focusing on the Doctor Who finale on SciFi, the news on Galactica being allowed to do long episodes, interviews recorded at Comic Con, the save the Middle Man with M&Ms campaign, etc. While not as informal as CIA, you can call into their show and they have a text chat room too. I have a standing invitation to pop in to this installment if I can stay awake that late. If you hear my voice, I managed to stay up. They're used to people listening to their show after it's recorded - maybe they can get some live folks.

Time will tell. It always does, except when it has Laryngitis.

Sunday, August 03 2008 @ 08:21 AM EDT

CIA on TalkShoe 2pm EDT today (Sunday 3rd August)

Series four episode 13 - 'Journey's End' has now aired in the US (Friday) - and so we start with a spoiler full discussion of series four.

Plus:- Doctor Who should it be more SF or a 'soap in space'?

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Sunday, August 03 2008 @ 04:57 PM EDT
    CIA on TalkShoe 2pm EDT today (Sunday 3rd August)

Series four episode 13 - 'Journey's End' has now aired in the US (Friday) - and so we start with a spoiler full discussion of series four.

Plus:- Doctor Who should it be more SF or a 'soap in space'?

Cheers, daveac

Just ended - a marathon 2 hour show - get it on iTunes!

Cheers, daveac

Monday, August 04 2008 @ 07:17 AM EDT
    Not quite 2 hours. 1.58
    If only we talked for 2 more minutes... that would of been epic Mr. Green

oh and I was right about Georgia Moffet not being in skins. The last episode was on TV tonight.
    There was an actress called Georgina Moffat in it. I can see how it was confussed.

bye bye david :(

Monday, August 04 2008 @ 09:23 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  romana_II] Not quite 2 hours. 1.58
    If only we talked for 2 more minutes... that would of been epic Mr. Green

Dave... Do we have a 2min Audio clip we could tack on the end?

We need to play Tin Dog's Promo again Smile

"Oh and Yes... I did interview Gigi Edgley.. just in case you were wondering... yes Gigi... Chiana from Farscape, Yup I interviewed her... in person you know...
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, August 09 2008 @ 05:39 AM EDT
    The new time slot for the Anime show works out perfectly.

So perfect.
    I actually will have literally just returned from two days at the biggest Anime convention in Australia, and also the final of the World Cosplay Summit qualifier of Australia.
    Less that 10 hours after the con finishs, CIA will be on.
    Mr. Green
    Epic win!

And I'm really liking the alternative topic for the this coming week, because I can final gush over Blackpool on CIA for a bit.

Saturday, August 09 2008 @ 07:22 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  romana_II] The new time slot for the Anime show works out perfectly.

So perfect.
    I actually will have literally just returned from two days at the biggest Anime convention in Australia, and also the final of the World Cosplay Summit qualifier of Australia.
    Less that 10 hours after the con finishs, CIA will be on.
    Mr. Green
    Epic win!

And I'm really liking the alternative topic for the this coming week, because I can final gush over Blackpool on CIA for a bit.

This is want Romana II is referring to:-

'Subject 'Anime' films likely to be held over for two weeks as members of CIA are going to Anime events and would like to both take part and report back. Possible alternate subject - Dr Who actors in other roles & other TV shows.'

Join us on Sunday 10th August at 2pm EDT.

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, August 10 2008 @ 01:43 PM EDT

This is want Romana II is referring to:-

'Subject 'Anime' films likely to be held over for two weeks as members of CIA are going to Anime events and would like to both take part and report back. Possible alternate subject - Dr Who actors in other roles & other TV shows.'

Join us on Sunday 10th August at 2pm EDT.

Cheers, daveac

CIA starting in 15 minutes!

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, August 10 2008 @ 05:29 PM EDT
    2 hours, 14 minutes, 46 seconds according to Talkshoe. I'm excited and scared to hear what happened. Easily your longest installment ever, though not as long as Radio Free Skaro's record (2 hours, 39 minutes) or Doctor Who: Podshock (2 hours, 40 minutes).

Looking forward to being able to join in live again on the 24th. Who knows how long the episodes could be by then. Wink

8:12PM EDT - listening to the show now. Darn.

Two other John Barrowman credits:

1) Central Park West (retitled CPW half-way through the run) - CBS' big primetime soap of 1995 heralding their new edgy era. John Barrowman was the breakout star, the playboy son of a hot famous older actress. 22 episodes made, but some of the ones in the middle didn't air due to a retooling of the show.

2) Titans - NBC's big primetime soap of 2001. John Barrowman was the breakout star, the playboy son of a hot older actress. One of the last shows developed by Aaron Spelling. It did not last as long as Central Park West, but was not blamed for bringing down a whole network for a year like the other show did.

John also claims that he was turned down for the role of Will on Will and Grace for being too "straight". The actor hired (Eric McCormack) was straight, but the producers claimed he was more convincing.

Christopher Eccleston was also a detective on Cracker. A major character in the first series (3 stories). In the 4th story (start of series 2), he is brutally stabbed near the end of episode two and has a long, bloody death sequence calling in the crime on the phone to the other cops. Arguably a better death sequence than his death on Doctor Who (arguably the Doctor never "dies").

I will probably miss the chat on the 17th too due to the family wanting to celebrate my 30th. Sundays have suddenly gotten busy. Cheers.

Time will tell. It always does, except when it has Laryngitis.

Sunday, August 17 2008 @ 12:19 PM EDT

CIA today - Sunday 17th Sug - is on HHGTTG!

The recording should start at 2pm EDT but we will be openning up the TalkShoe 30 minutes before that rather than 15 minutes as usual.

So the 'show' rather than the recording starts at 1.45

We are trying this so we can get all hosting and setup details well in time for a prompt start - so don't be late!

Cheers, daveac who off to get his tea!

Sunday, August 17 2008 @ 01:26 PM EDT
    CIA today - Sunday 17th Sug - is on HHGTTG!

Cheers, daveac who off to get his tea!

Right - had my tea - and noticed I didn't put in the TalkShoe link.

Since there have been a few new members to the GE forums recently - here the CIA TalkShoe link:-

You can join via thw web browser - or join up TalkShoe and use the Classic interface.

You can join in the audio chat using ShoePhone on TalkShoe - or use Skype, SJPhone or Gizmo plus others:-

here

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, August 24 2008 @ 12:02 PM EDT

CIA: Cultdom in Audio starts recording in 2 hours - 2pm EDT today (Sunday)

The room now opens well before this and all are welcome.

Today the topic is Anime - starting with reports back from members attending recent Anime events.

CIA on TalkShoe

Cheers, daveac

Sunday, August 24 2008 @ 08:03 PM EDT
    CIA: Cultdom in Audio
    Today the topic is Anime - starting with reports back from members attending recent Animie events.

Cheers, daveac

1hour 30minutes of Anime goodness.

Thanks all, daveac

Monday, August 25 2008 @ 09:26 AM EDT
    Hello boys.
    Finally got around to uploading this...

here

My skit

And photos of me

here

Will be updated my youtube channel and facebook as I go through my photos.

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed