The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 304 - 'The Claws of Axos' is Reviewed
  • New Doctor Who Series Launch Confirmed for August and Teaser Promo Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Invasion of Time? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 303 - 'The Invasion of Time' is Reviewed
  • Dozens of Doctor Who guests converge on Long Island this November!
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 302 - Terry Walsh Interviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Pyramids of Mars Mummy Case
    Pyramids of Mars Mummy Case
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  What else have you seen the new Doctors in?
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    What else have you seen the new Doctors in? Views: 3092
     Monday, March 20 2006 @ 12:59 AM EST
    I was watching the new series and thought Eccleston looked familiar but couldn't place him until I started going through some DVDs. Turns out I had seen him in Gone in 60 Seconds (the remake with Nick Cage). I also know that Tennant was in the latest Harry Potter movie.

What I am wondering is what else you have seen the new Doctors in.

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, March 20 2006 @ 03:36 AM EST

I have seen Christopher Eccleston in the movie 28 Days Later. An interesting film also in the science fiction genre, though his role in it is vastly different than the Doctor. But that was part of the reason he wanted to play the Doctor because it was so different from his previous work and he wanted to prove he could pull it off. Which he did.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Monday, March 20 2006 @ 08:57 AM EST
    If we're talking about Eccleston, I saw him in "The Second Coming", in which he playes a guy who disappears for 40 days and reappears in a weakened condition claiming he's the son of god.

Great film, also by Russel T. Davies. You will see Eccleston prove he can play the Doctor. He even has a similar speech about humankind being monkeys on the face of the earth, and he dresses identically to the Doctor except his coat is a different color.

There are some amazing scenes in the film. You really should find it on DVD and watch it. Netflix has it.

As for Tennant, other than Harry Potter, I have only seen him in the live version of The Quatermass Xperiment that the BEEB did last year. He wasn't the main character, but he did well enough.

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Monday, March 20 2006 @ 01:06 PM EST
    Eccelston was also in The Others as the father who came back from the war... very spooky role.

That Is Not Dead Which Can Eternal Lie, And With Strange Aeons Even Death May Die.

Monday, March 20 2006 @ 09:12 PM EST
    David Tennant was in Viva Blackpool. He did a bit of singing as well. I remember being pretty impressed, but I will also admit that I saw it after his announcement as doctor number 10, so I was probably a little partial.
    I saw Harry Potter in the theater, and when I saw him come on screen, I nearly jumped out of my chair. I knew he had been cast as the Doctor then, too, but I didn't know he was in HP4. Talk about a pleasant suprise. Smile

Heath Holland

Wednesday, March 22 2006 @ 11:53 AM EST
    Just found out Chris is in an upcoming Poirot on Biography, Sunday April 2 at 4 pm EST.

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, March 22 2006 @ 03:08 PM EST
    Check me out! They BOTH starred in a film called Jude back in the mid 90s!
    Top THAT!

Drink
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, March 22 2006 @ 03:45 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis] I have seen Christopher Eccleston in the movie 28 Days Later. An interesting film also in the science fiction genre, though his role in it is vastly different than the Doctor. But that was part of the reason he wanted to play the Doctor because it was so different from his previous work and he wanted to prove he could pull it off. Which he did.

I Tivoed this on Monday, as I only ever catch the last half of the movie whenever it is on.

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Wednesday, March 22 2006 @ 05:46 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    I Tivoed this on Monday, as I only ever catch the last half of the movie whenever it is on.

Taras

Eccelston is only in the second half anyway Razz

That Is Not Dead Which Can Eternal Lie, And With Strange Aeons Even Death May Die.

Wednesday, March 22 2006 @ 05:52 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  WarrenPeace]Eccelston is only in the second half anyway Razz

It would still be nice to see the whole movie... Smile

Taras

Friday, March 31 2006 @ 12:14 PM EST
    There is a great film called Bright Young Things that David is in. Not the lead, but he was quite entertaining in it. The movie was written by Stephen Fry, who is quite the wittiest man on the planet. He's scheduled to write an episode for series 3 (was supposed to be for series 2, but didn't happen). This one is available on Netflix.....

And if you've the tech savvy in North America, you can "acquire" Casanova, which brilliantly stars David and was written by Russel T Davies. Three episodes, about 1.37GB.

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, March 31 2006 @ 01:29 PM EST
    Before he was cast I had seen Christopher Eccleston in a whole bunch of different things:

Shallow Grave, Cracker, Jude, eXistenZ, Othello, The Others, Second Coming, 28 Days Later as well as guest appearances on Inspector Morse, League of Gentlemen and other shows. He was already one of my favourite actors.

I was less familiar with David Tennant when he was cast but I had recently seen him in Randall & Hopkirk, Quatermass, Blackpool and Casanova. I had also of course heard his work for Big Finish in stuff like Sympathy for the Devil and Medicinal Purposes.

He's also in the same version of Jude that Eccleston is in but it's not as though I recognize him from that bit part a decade later.

Since he took over I've had a chance to see him in Takin' Over the Asylum People like Us and the absolutely chilling Secret Smile.

Mike

"There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, March 31 2006 @ 04:44 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  MikeD] I had also of course heard his work for Big Finish in stuff like Sympathy for the Devil and Medicinal Purposes.

And of course Dalek Empire III!

Taras

Friday, March 31 2006 @ 05:15 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat] And of course Dalek Empire III!

Taras

I know he's in that (and some others) but I've only listed things that I've seen or heard.

Mike

"There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, April 01 2006 @ 04:18 AM EST
    David Tennant plays Colonel Brimmicombe-Wood the fourth part of the Big Finish UNIT miniseries. He was also in the BF Adventures of Luther Arkwright, which was on the BBC website for a while.

Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored