The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Mark of the Rani? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 301 - 'The Mark of the Rani' is Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Featured in Podcastrovalva
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 300 - The Passing of Kate O'Mara, Interviews with Mary Tamm and Janet Fielding
  • NASA New Spacesuit Z-2 Dominates
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 299 - 'The Web of Fear' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 298 - 'The Enemy of the World' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Emma Campbell-Jones joins the L.I. Who 2 line up "Best news all day"
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 297 - Classic Interview with Colin Baker, News, Feedback, and More
  • How do you rate the Matt Smith era of Doctor Who? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Mark Strickson Interviewed (1985)
    Mark Strickson Interviewed (1985)
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  What else have you seen the new Doctors in?
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    What else have you seen the new Doctors in? Views: 3046
     Saturday, April 01 2006 @ 03:13 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  MikeD]
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat] And of course Dalek Empire III!

I know he's in that (and some others) but I've only listed things that I've seen or heard.

Just mentioning it because I enjoyed it, and David's performance in it. Issue six of the Big Finish Magazine (a subscriber extra, which I found a copy of on Ebay) has an interview with Mr. Tennant about his Big Finish roles.

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Wednesday, April 05 2006 @ 07:57 AM EDT
    When I first heard Chris Ecclestone was going to play the doctor I just couldn't see him in the role. But he was one of my all time favourite actors and knew he'd pull it off great.

Shallow Grave was one of his first biggest roles, he played a great neurotic guy in it (but he had one of the mosr dodgiest Scottish accents ever - not as bad as the Australian guy who sne feedback for the podcasts though Laughing Out Loud !!!).

I never saw his final episode in Cracker - but he apparently had half the country crying infront of their screens.

He's the strongest, he's the quickest, he's the best..... "Yorkshire is a state of mind"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, April 05 2006 @ 07:58 AM EDT
    Sorry for the double post - I posted twice and can't seem to delete this. DOH! Oops!

He's the strongest, he's the quickest, he's the best..... "Yorkshire is a state of mind"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, April 06 2006 @ 04:59 PM EDT

Found 28 Days Later and Elizabeth for $10 each on DVD in the Union Square Virgin Megastore in NYC.

Taras

Thursday, April 06 2006 @ 05:20 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    Found 28 Days Later and Elizabeth for $10 each on DVD in the Union Square Virgin Megastore in NYC.

Taras

Great find! Both are very differnt but also good films.

Mike

"There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, April 06 2006 @ 05:26 PM EDT

I TiVo-ed 28 Days Later, but I ended up with Tomcats. What's that all about? Well, my network connection was out (for the TiVo) for a few days, so I guess the listings weren't updated...

Taras

Monday, April 17 2006 @ 05:07 AM EDT

The movie, Shallow Grave (1995) with Christopher Eccleston and Ewan McGregor will be the Independent Film Channel (IFC) at 8:15pm (EDT) on Saturday, April 22nd.

I haven't seen this yet, so I will be TiVo'ing it.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Monday, April 17 2006 @ 07:49 AM EDT
    [Please read the text first before scrolling down]

I can't believe I'd forgotten about this one...

Years ago, BBC Scotland transmitted a series called Rab C Nesbitt all about a loud-mouthed, unemployed, alcoholic, disfunctional Glaswegian and his family (no - honest - it was a comedy).

Rab (short for Robert) was a pretty horrible but quite funny anti-hero and always used to get his come-uppance in every episode. In the second series Rab and his pals are lusting over the thought of the new barmaid - Davina - who's started working in the local pub and are all planning to try to pull her. It's only later on in the episode (and to the horror of the lads) that you find out that "Davina" is actually a transvestite barman, played by...

I remember it because, after this episode Davina became a semi-regular character on the show and although remaining in drag for the rest of the series, no-one ever made any reference to it again and always treated Davina as one of the lads.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, May 13 2006 @ 11:48 PM EDT

As I type this, I am watching Christopher Eccleston on IFC in the movie, Elizabeth.

I did see Shallow Grave as I mentioned in my previous post (last month) and it was interesting to see CE ten years younger in it... as well as along side of Ewan McGregor. But it is not a movie you want to see over an over again.

Cheers,
    Louis

Thursday, May 25 2006 @ 10:42 PM EDT
    Christopher Eccleston played Nicky in the gritty
    drama "Our Friends in the North" along with
    Daniel "james bond" Craig and Gina "Forsythe Saga" McKee. This BBC series was excellent, if somewhat
    depressing. With brilliant performances from all,
    particularly Chris.

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed are Kings
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, August 04 2007 @ 12:05 AM EDT
    An update to the David Tennant in the 4th Harry Potter movie:

I bought the DVD not long after it came out and thought I had watched it, only to find out the only scene I watched was at the end. Of course that was because I knew he was there.

I keep hearing Ken or Louis talking about how he's only at the end of the movie in the "transformation" scene, but he also appears at the beginning of the movie as well. Right at 3 minutes into the movie he steps into the scene where the old man is walking up the hall and overhears Voldemorts plans.

He has longer hair in that scene and, if memory serves, he looks more like the Doctor at the end of the movie. Probably that scene was filmed around the time the series was taping.

Edit: Just finished the movie and he popped up about 15 minutes in and again about 1:45 in. Was an interesting change from seeing him in the TARDIS.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, August 04 2007 @ 02:20 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]
    I have seen Christopher Eccleston in the movie 28 Days Later. An interesting film also in the science fiction genre, though his role in it is vastly different than the Doctor. But that was part of the reason he wanted to play the Doctor because it was so different from his previous work and he wanted to prove he could pull it off. Which he did.

Cheers,
    Louis

what part? i can't remember...............

"Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, August 04 2007 @ 02:23 AM EDT
    I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Davids "Who-Audition" in Casanova. Or is that too obvious?
    Sadly, I missed all but the last episode which, incidentally, made me cry like a big girl.

On a related note Paul McGann's excellent series The Monocled Mutineer is being released on R2 DVD on 20th August.
    From Amazon.co.uk: "Based on the novel by William Allison and John Fairley, this drama tells the story of a World War One mutiny which took place at the Etaples Training Camp in northern France in 1917 on the eve of the Passchendaele battle."
    Paul plays the main character Percy Topliss. The show was very controversial at the time and has never been repeated (as far as I am aware) or released on video. I remember watching it at the time and being very impressed.

Bollocks...sir.

Saturday, August 04 2007 @ 12:22 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  jafo] ...

I keep hearing Ken or Louis talking about how he's only at the end of the movie in the "transformation" scene, but he also appears at the beginning of the movie as well. Right at 3 minutes into the movie he steps into the scene where the old man is walking up the hall and overhears Voldemorts plans.

Yep, I did see the earlier seen with him in it as well. It was just that scene and the one at the end really... All in all, he was hardly in it really.

Cheers,
    Louis

Saturday, August 04 2007 @ 12:25 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Justice]
    [Quote  by:  Louis]
    I have seen Christopher Eccleston in the movie 28 Days Later. An interesting film also in the science fiction genre, though his role in it is vastly different than the Doctor. But that was part of the reason he wanted to play the Doctor because it was so different from his previous work and he wanted to prove he could pull it off. Which he did.

Cheers,
    Louis

what part? i can't remember...............

It's been too long now since I saw the movie to recall his name. But he played the military commander type (no, I don't think it was a brigadier, perhaps a colonel). I am sure he is listed in imdb.com on the film's listing. I am too lazy to look it up now.

Cheers,
    Louis

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic