The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Yet Another Promo for the 2014 Doctor Who Christmas Special - Last Christmas
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 319 - The 2014 Series of Doctor Who Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  

Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  Jumpcon Boston Cancelled
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Jumpcon Boston Cancelled Views: 1743
     Tuesday, July 15 2008 @ 04:34 PM EDT
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I was just on their website and it looks like Jumpcon Boston has been canceled. Not sure how this will affect their other events but with a cancellation this big I have to imagine it will be a pretty big blow against them happening.

Message from Shane Concerning JumpCon Boston

My sympathies to anyone who was heading to Boston this weekend and especially to Louis as he has a lot at stake in this.

Mike

"There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, July 15 2008 @ 04:50 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  MikeD]
    My sympathies to anyone who was heading to Boston this weekend and especially to Louis as he has a lot at stake in this.

Mike

Thanks for posting Mike - I hadn't the heart to Frown

We only found out a couple of hours ago.

Very sad to all those expecting to go and to Louis and the staff.

daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Tuesday, July 15 2008 @ 06:41 PM EDT
    It's disappointing. Six months of planning is down the tubes.

"There comes a time, Timelord, when every lonely little boy must learn how to dance"

Wednesday, July 16 2008 @ 09:04 AM EDT
    Sorry to hear about that - dave! -

what happened? I really hope the actors are ok with it all.

Guest Host on the WHOCAST

Wednesday, July 16 2008 @ 06:24 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Ken] It's disappointing. Six months of planning is down the tubes.

And from reading various other forums and blogs etc it looks like quite a few actors have been messed around. I hope this doesn't have a knock-on for other conventions.

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, July 16 2008 @ 09:48 AM EDT
    Yeah, it's a bummer. I haven't been to a convention in several years (used to go to United Fan Con), and was debating going to this one, since I'm only about a half hour out of Boston. I've been checking their website every day or two, and had never seen a guest list so large, with quality guests...in hindsight, I guess the old saying "If it seems too good to be true" comes to mind...

I was planning to buy tickets at the door (thankfully I never sent them a dime), because it seemed like they had been having trouble at a few other conventions before Boston, and because they were still new on the scene, so I didn't want to commit myself just yet.

I've never been involved in the production on a convention, and I'm sure it's very stressful, but I suppose they would've been better off to just get their feet wet with maybe 1 or 2 cities to start, and then expand to more and more over the years. Boston wasn't their first cancellation, and I won't be surprised if it's not their last.

Anyway, I feel bad for the Podshock guys, as they had been looking forward to it for a while now. Would've been nice to see Louis, Ken, and James all in the same place at once. And I also feel bad for all the people that got burned because they already had airline flights, hotel rooms, and plans for that whole weekend. Hopefully the Jumpcon folks can get their act together and maybe they be back in this area next year, but it looks like the damage has already been done regarding celebrity guests, as I've been reading stuff around the web from their own websites and quotes from publicists and they seem none too happy. Hopefully it doesn't give the whole convention industry too much of a black eye.

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, July 16 2008 @ 10:36 AM EDT
    It looks like the listings for all the other dates have been removed from the site as well. Wow. What a shame! I was really looking forward to it. Frown I hope this doesn't hurt any of our Podshock friends.

Did the Jumpcons in MI or CT happen?

Did you say "74,384,338 to 1 against"? That's my lucky number!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, July 16 2008 @ 12:51 PM EDT
    I'm mostly concerned for Louis. Didn't he join up with Jump as an employee? Is he out of work now? Must he add job hunting to his already full plate of podcast producing...?

I'm thinking good thoughts for you, Louis.

http://thatneilguy.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 16 2008 @ 08:13 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  That Neil Guy] I'm mostly concerned for Louis. Didn't he join up with Jump as an employee? Is he out of work now? Must he add job hunting to his already full plate of podcast producing...?

I'm thinking good thoughts for you, Louis.

I agree. I just read through four pages of posts at Outpost Gallifrey and someone posted a nice comment there about the people who quit jobs to help try and make it a success. I hope this doesn't cause too many problems for you, Louis.

Neutral

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, July 20 2008 @ 02:23 AM EDT
    Yaeh this is such a dissapointment. I had my whole summer geared up to go to a bunch of Jumpcons. Although there is no formal announcment, we have to assume that the whole Jumpcon tour is cancelled.

Now I have only Dragon*Con (Atlanta) and Chicago Tradis to look forward to. --Billy

Oh the phantom Piper!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, April 29 2009 @ 07:31 AM EDT
    Just to bring this old thread back to life, it looks liked the organiser is facing legal action over the mishandling of these events which could potentially see him in prison.

Full details here

I hope you were paid everything you were owed for the work you did for them louis?

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, April 29 2009 @ 01:28 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  capricorn1]...

I hope you were paid everything you were owed for the work you did for them louis?

Unfortunately, NO. Not by a long shot. Coincidentally, I had just sent a reminder last week for all the money that is still owed to me for the work I did, not to mention all the expenses and all the other out-of-pocket costs leading up to the what was going to be a cross country tour. Plus there was so much more that was lost as a result of all of this as well. I guess last week's reminder was bad timing on my part in light of all what is happening now. It doesn't seem hopeful now that I will ever see any the money that is still owed to me.

It's not pretty.

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages