The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 307 - 'Deep Breath' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Deep Breath? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Into the Dalek' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 31st
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Deep Breath' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 24th
  • BBC One 'Deep Breath' Promotional Advertisement Video [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 306 - Interviews with Ian Marter and Sarah Sutton
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Auction
    Auction
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  New England Fan Experience
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    New England Fan Experience Views: 1072
     Thursday, November 20 2008 @ 05:23 AM EST
    Have a great time...

celebrating the 45th Anniversary with the 5th Doctor.

NICE!

We expect great audio reports!

Guest Host on the WHOCAST
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Thursday, November 20 2008 @ 09:00 AM EST
    Thanks. It figures that we now entering into the coldest weekend of the season thus far here in the northeast of the US and we actually traveling NORTH for it. It would be nicer if we were traveling south to the warmer climates for NEFE. Or if NEFE was in the summer months instead. Oh well.

Thanks again, we hope to get out some reports out directly from the con. Hopefully the hotel has some decent internet speeds available.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Thursday, November 20 2008 @ 12:20 PM EST

Dress warmly. And don't forget your Doctor Who scarf! Well, as long as the moths haven't gotten to it. Wink

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Thursday, November 20 2008 @ 02:21 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    Dress warmly. And don't forget your Doctor Who scarf! Well, as long as the moths haven't gotten to it. Wink

I was thinking of my scarf recently. I haven't used in years... I wonder what condition it is in as a matter of fact. As great as my scarf is, it is a bit overpowering for someone my height. I need a more manageable one, and one more true to 4th Doctor's scarf colours of his earlier years. Some of the colours in mine are too bright.

Cheers,
    Louis

Thursday, November 20 2008 @ 03:24 PM EST

If a scarf isn't dragging along the floor, it'a too short... Wink

Thursday, November 20 2008 @ 08:39 PM EST
    If a scarf isn't dragging along the floor, it'a too short... Wink

Oh, I don't have a problem with the length. I could wrap mine around myself twice and it would still drag on the floor. But it is the thickness and weight that found to be more cumbersome.

Cheers,
    Louis

Friday, November 21 2008 @ 12:21 AM EST

When the temperature is in the teens, thickness is a desirable feature...

Friday, November 21 2008 @ 08:03 AM EST
    When the temperature is in the teens, thickness is a desirable feature...

Not when you are stuck inside a hotel for 72 hours.

Cheers,
    Louis

Friday, November 21 2008 @ 06:13 PM EST

We are here! Ken, Chris, Tris, and myself drove in together today. Doctor Who: Podshock Special Corespondent Billy Davis should be arriving either tonight or tomorrow.

I received word from our friend Sean Huxter that he may be joining us tomorrow.

We met a few other people here already that have recognized us. Please if you are attending, don't be shy, come by and say hi.

At this time we don't have anything scheduled formally with NEFE, so I can't say when and where we will be over the course of the convention.

I have been posting updates via Twitter, and I encourage you to follow me via Twitter as that is where I can quickly and easily post updates (i.e via my iPhone).

We saw the dealers room... checked out some of the panel rooms so far at the hotel. I've been sorting out the internet now (as you can tell from this post). Ken is out with Chris roaming the con now. Last I heard Tris is trying to take care of a bad headache. I hope she feels better soon.

More updates to come, but for the most on the spot updates will happen via Twitter as it is just easier to do that way.

Cheers,
    Louis

P.S. I think I can hear the piano being played in the dinner facilities from my room here now.

Saturday, November 22 2008 @ 08:03 AM EST
    Have fun folks!

Mike

"There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, November 22 2008 @ 07:51 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  MikeD] Have fun folks!

Mike

Thanks Mike. We were thinking of you. But we will see you at Gallifrey 20 in only 84 more days.

Cheers,
    Louis

Saturday, November 22 2008 @ 07:54 PM EST

We did see long time contributor Sean Huxter at NEFE. He was looking mighty sharp with his Deckard coat ( Blade Runner). I am sorry we weren't able to speed more time with Sean, but he wasn't staying the whole day.

Cheers,
    Louis

Saturday, November 22 2008 @ 08:36 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

We did see long time contributor Sean Huxter at NEFE. He was looking mighty sharp with his Deckard coat ( Blade Runner). I am sorry we weren't able to speed more time with Sean, but he wasn't staying the whole day.

Cheers,
    Louis

Yeah, Louis, my apologies. I wanted nothing more than to take you guys out to lunch or have some drinks, but my agenda was to pop in, pay up, see Peter Davison, roam the vendor rooms and boogie on over to Kendall Square for the film "Slumdog Millionaire".

I was dressed in shoes that were not exactly meant for long walks, yet I walked all the way up to Kendall Square, and then roamed about for almost a damn hour looking for the place. I am a lost soul with a WiFi connection.

And what is UP with Cambridge on a Saturday? I saw not one single restaurant open, most shops were closed, and I saw less than a dozen people walking the streets, most of those were oriental women asking ME for directions. Seriously!

Finally asked a service station manager where the theater was, and by now I was so cold I couldn't feel anything but my galled toes, but I eventually made it there, and saw the film, which was well worth it. But the timing was so perfectly messed up that I didn't get a chance to drop into the one restaurant that I think was open, and I didn't eat anything at the cinema. And according to the train schedule, I didn't have time AFTER the movie either, to get anything to eat unless I wanted to be stranded in Boston for two hours more than I had wanted.

Home now, fed on some pretzel dogs from South Station, not exactly great, but the only food I'd eaten since Breakfast.

But hey, it was a rare opportunity to see Peter Davison who was charming and very nice. He really seemed like a great guy to know.

Then I lost my camera for a bit, (it had rolled under the front row of chairs as I stood up to give Peter D a Standing O) and then out came Robert Picardo, so I couldn't exactly leave then, so I stayed the next hour, and was thoroughly entertained by Picardo. Nice guy. And he's about to be in an episode of "Chuck", so keep your eyes out for him. Also, oh, what was the other one... I forget.

Anyway, then Morena Baccarin came out, but I had to get gone if I wanted to see my movie. She's one gorgeous woman, but she had her hair cut way too short. I was lucky enough to sit three rows behind her at the Boston Premiere of Serenity, so I had seen her before.

That was when I stumbled upon Ken and Louis, who were rather unmistakable. Was great talking to you guys, and to put moving, 3D faces to the voices. It was like I'd known you for years.

Oh well... hopefully next time I'll plan to spend the whole weekend or something, and we can hang for longer than four minutes.

And by the way, the Deckard Trenchcoat was great. It can be purchased from AbbyShot, a small Newfoundland company. Hand-designed, hand-crafted right there, and they do excellent research and work.

http://www.abbyshot.com/

Ciao!

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Sunday, November 23 2008 @ 05:26 AM EST
    Hope you're having fun boys, have a great party for Doctor Who on Sunday.

I just got back from my 45th Anniversary meetup with my Doctor Who club down here (epic fun) where me and my friends found out that Peter Davison is in fact coming down to Australia, and to Sydney, in March 2009.

We all imploded a bit from the excitement I think.

bye bye david :(

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed