The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'In the Forest of the Night' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 26
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 315 - 'Flatline' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 12th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 313 - 'Kill the Moon' Reviewed
  • The Curse Of The Black Tooth - Spoilers!

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    ROBERT SHEARMAN
    ROBERT SHEARMAN
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  Happy Halloween!!!
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Happy Halloween!!! Views: 2130
     Sunday, October 30 2005 @ 10:20 AM EST
    To all those in the Gallifreyan Universe!

Ciotka Judi, The Polish Blonde
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Thursday, November 03 2005 @ 06:26 PM EST
    Thanks.. (belated thanks I suppose anyway).

I didn't dress up at all this year, unfortunately. Did anyone don a Doctor Who related outfit?

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Thursday, November 03 2005 @ 10:22 PM EST
    Well, my only costume was my harlequin mask, I wore it at work. Some people did wear costumes, but they think I am weird enough as it is, if I wore a Doctor Who costume and had to spend the day explaining it, they would really think I was strange Wink Would have loved to been a dalek tho. Don't know how I would work all day in it, but hey, as a dalek I could just exterminate anyone who asked me to do anything Twisted Evil

Admiral Kristine Kochanski G.A.B. Saffron, Moonstone, Burnt Orange Team Leader http://www.gabtraders.com "O brave new world That has such people in't"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, November 04 2005 @ 04:24 PM EST
    Since I now have loads of time on my hands, as I was laid off from work last week, I got to really decorate the carport and dress as a witch from Harry Potter. No, I do not have any costumes from Dr. Who. I'm still learning how to knit so I can make my own scarf.

Ciotka Judi, The Polish Blonde

Friday, November 04 2005 @ 04:33 PM EST
    I went to shoot the Village Halloween Parade in NYC. Did not see any Who related costumes, though some vampires came close to the 3rd or 8th Doctor's look. There were quite I few iPod costumes out there, though none were playing PodShock!

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Saturday, November 05 2005 @ 01:11 AM EST
    I saw a short video podcast from Rocket Boom that featured a parade in NYC. It was very cool. I spotted 1 Doctor Who costume! That is indeed how geeky I am. Can you spot it?

Most planets have a North!

Saturday, November 05 2005 @ 01:20 AM EST
    The few times I dressed up as The Doctor (4th Doctor) in the past on Halloween, I think most people here in the States (the mainstream) have no clue who I was dressed up as... though since Tom Baker's Doctor was (is) the most popular here, it had a better chance of being recognized than other Doctor.

Saturday, November 05 2005 @ 01:24 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat] ...There were quite I few iPod costumes out there, though none were playing PodShock!

Yeah, I had heard that the iPod was a very popular costume this year for Halloween. Not surprising really.

Hey, perhaps some were playing Podshock, you just needed the headphones to hear it? Wink

I also heard that there were actually costumes for your iPod as well... so you can dress up your iPod for Halloween... Now that may be going a bit too far... Laughing Out Loud

Cheers,
    Louis

Saturday, November 05 2005 @ 01:32 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  James] I saw a short video podcast from Rocket Boom that featured a parade in NYC. It was very cool. I spotted 1 Doctor Who costume! That is indeed how geeky I am. Can you spot it?

Wow James... THanks for the excellent link. I just watched it. I love the Sugar Brass Band music from the parade that served as a soundtrack for the video. Was the Doctor Who costume the one with the gas mask? "Are you my mommy?"

Great stuff. Thanks again.

Cheers,
    Louis

Saturday, November 05 2005 @ 09:20 AM EST
    Got it in one mate!

Yeah Rocketboom is a really cool vidcast that is updated every weekday. Check it out if you have iTunes! Smile

Saturday, November 05 2005 @ 09:28 AM EST
    Did anyone take any pictures of themselves if they dressed up as Doctor Who? Email them to us - We'd love to see them! Smile

Incidently - check out this page from the BBC Doctor Who website - there are people from all over the world dressed as characters from Doctor Who for Halloween!

Saturday, November 12 2005 @ 09:57 AM EST
    Ah, halloween. I did the usual witchy thing this year, as I work at a library and you can't do anything too frightening.

However, about four years ago, my friend Bob and I decided to go to the Oregon District (part of Dayton where there is a many a bar and a wild Halloween celebration) dressed as the 4th Doctor, Sarah Jane, and K-9. Needless to say, no one knew who we were, and my faux K-9 was just as much of a pain in the ass as the original one was when they were filming. Let's just say my K-9 was fashioned from a large plastic Big Bird with wheels (the idea is you could hop on as a kid and ride it) and a ton of cardboard.

I'll see if Bob still has a picture.

Cyn

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, November 13 2005 @ 07:54 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Cynful456] Ah, halloween. I did the usual witchy thing this year, as I work at a library and you can't do anything too frightening.

I worked at a library once (as the assistant to the staff artist) in my college days. Believe me, some of the people working at this library didn't need any Halloween costumes, they are frightening enough just as themselves Wink

Of course, I am not speaking of your library.

Yeah, anytime I did go as The Doctor for Halloween... most people.. well, aside from close friends, no one knew who I was supposed to be! Laughing Out Loud As any Doctor Who fan in the US knows, the show is the furtherest from "mainstream" as it could be here.

Perhaps if the new series ever get here broadcast nationally, that may change.

Cheers,
    Louis

Monday, October 30 2006 @ 03:29 PM EST

I thought I would revive this thread since it is that time of the year again...

Does anyone have any plans for Halloween this year? None here, I am sorry to say.

Cheers,
    Louis

Monday, October 30 2006 @ 04:43 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

I thought I would revive this thread since it is that time of the year again...

Does anyone have any plans for Halloween this year? None here, I am sorry to say.

Cheers,
    Louis

No plans for me or the missus either. Well, I will continue the annual tradition of watching It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.

Heath Holland

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed