The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 304 - 'The Claws of Axos' is Reviewed
  • New Doctor Who Series Launch Confirmed for August and Teaser Promo Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Invasion of Time? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 303 - 'The Invasion of Time' is Reviewed
  • Dozens of Doctor Who guests converge on Long Island this November!
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 302 - Terry Walsh Interviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Doctor Who Brighton Pier Exhibition 05
    Doctor Who Brighton Pier Exhibition 05
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  Happy Halloween!!!
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Happy Halloween!!! Views: 2066
     Monday, October 30 2006 @ 04:49 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  hdutch007]
    No plans for me or the missus either. Well, I will continue the annual tradition of watching It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.

Wow... I don't think I have seen that in decades now. I certainly miss the fun that is Halloween. It seems like each year it arrives faster than the last and there's just never any time to do any preparation for it any more.

"I got a rock!" Cry

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Monday, October 30 2006 @ 05:20 PM EST

If I don't need to go to the office tomorrow evening, I'll probably shoot the parade.

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Monday, October 30 2006 @ 05:53 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

I thought I would revive this thread since it is that time of the year again...

Does anyone have any plans for Halloween this year? None here, I am sorry to say.

Cheers,
    Louis

Not plans as such - just bought a whole load of sweets - that's candy to our American friends (at least from an American firm - Woolworths Big Grin )

Now my daughter - who by the way is now 21 - will be hoping I don't have too many callers!

'Give them the sour apple flavoured one's Dad, I don't like those' she says

I'll get into trouble for posting this but here goes:-

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Monday, October 30 2006 @ 05:56 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis] Does anyone have any plans for Halloween this year? None here, I am sorry to say.

Yeah, go to work, and, um...uh...hmm.

I may be wiping eggs off of my car the next morning, though.

Man, this was a lot more fun as a kid. At least I could dress up without people looking at me weirdly. (Now, they just look at me weirdly. So, maybe I should dress up. What have I got to lose?)

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." - Mark Twain

Monday, October 30 2006 @ 07:53 PM EST
    At work today we received a note from HR stating that costumes at work are inappropriate and that wearing something not in the dress code on 10/31 could result in disciplinary actions... sigh. Not that I planned on dressing up, but we were planning to do some cubicle trick or treating, which also received the kibosh in the note.

I love working in corporate America.

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, October 30 2006 @ 08:48 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  DoctorW]
    Yeah, go to work, and, um...uh...hmm.

I may be wiping eggs off of my car the next morning, though.

Man, this was a lot more fun as a kid. At least I could dress up without people looking at me weirdly. (Now, they just look at me weirdly. So, maybe I should dress up. What have I got to lose?)

That's the best thing about Halloween... it gives you a free license to dress up any way you like and no one gives you a second look.

If I had something prepared, I would do something for Halloween... Instead I am just moving out of my current office into a much smaller one at work that day. It is so small that I think my desk will fit in there... barely. That is what I am doing for Halloween. Trick or treat? Hmmm...

Cheers,
    Louis

Monday, October 30 2006 @ 08:55 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  mad4plaid] At work today we received a note from HR stating that costumes at work are inappropriate and that wearing something not in the dress code on 10/31 could result in disciplinary actions... sigh. Not that I planned on dressing up, but we were planning to do some cubicle trick or treating, which also received the kibosh in the note.

That's understandable, you work for the police department! You can't have law enforcement officers dressed up like bears and mummies, now can you? Wink Laughing Out Loud -- OK, I am only kidding. I have no idea what you do for a living... but I just enjoyed the visual image of cops dressed up in Halloween costumes while on duty.

Most of corporate America needs to get their collective heads out of their arses... But that is another rant for another day.

Cheers,
    Louis

Monday, October 30 2006 @ 09:02 PM EST
    We had our office Halloween party today at Turbine, and we had some very inventive costumes.

The best was Doctor Octopus. One of our guys dressed up in blue mechanic's overalls, slicked his hair and had the right glasses. Strapped to his back were silver flexible furnace piping forming four of Octopus's mechanical arms. Two were strung up over his shoulders, and the other two went down to his legs and formed 2-foot stilts. He was walking on his mechanical arms. It was awesome!

We also had some great other costumes, one that amused me was a guy in a Banana costume with the V For Vendetta mask. He said he was "B for Banana". Very funny.

There were other great costumes, one guy had a large P4 on his chest, and white socks and red shoes. For those who don't use Perforce, it's a software versioning program, and its Wait Cursor is a red P4 with red shoes on, constantly walking...

Great stuff.

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Monday, October 30 2006 @ 10:21 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  seanhuxter] We had our office Halloween party today at Turbine, and we had some very inventive costumes.

The best was Doctor Octopus. One of our guys dressed up in blue mechanic's overalls, slicked his hair and had the right glasses. Strapped to his back were silver flexible furnace piping forming four of Octopus's mechanical arms. Two were strung up over his shoulders, and the other two went down to his legs and formed 2-foot stilts. He was walking on his mechanical arms. It was awesome!

We also had some great other costumes, one that amused me was a guy in a Banana costume with the V For Vendetta mask. He said he was "B for Banana". Very funny.

There were other great costumes, one guy had a large P4 on his chest, and white socks and red shoes. For those who don't use Perforce, it's a software versioning program, and its Wait Cursor is a red P4 with red shoes on, constantly walking...

Great stuff.

Sean.

the doc oc costume sounds fantastic. Did you take pictures? I'm guessing he didn't have his top buttons undone showing his chest, a la Spider-Man 2.

Heath Holland

Tuesday, October 31 2006 @ 01:21 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  mad4plaid] At work today we received a note from HR stating that costumes at work are inappropriate and that wearing something not in the dress code on 10/31 could result in disciplinary actions... sigh. Not that I planned on dressing up, but we were planning to do some cubicle trick or treating, which also received the kibosh in the note.

I work for a "branch" of the Federal Government (of the USA) and we're being encouraged to dress up (to the tune of a $75 prize for best constume)

My costume will hopefully---EXTERMINATE the compitition. I just need to figure out how to actually WORK with it on.

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored