The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 12th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 313 - 'Kill the Moon' Reviewed
  • The Curse Of The Black Tooth - Spoilers!
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Kill The Moon? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Kill The Moon' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 5th

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Cyberheads and Cyber Welly Boots
    Cyberheads and Cyber Welly Boots
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  Ramble with Russel Podcast Updates
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Ramble with Russel Podcast Updates Views: 20230
     Monday, January 19 2009 @ 05:50 PM EST

Hi Russel - sorry for not commenting much recently - but I'm catching up with your podcasts - about 3 behind at the moment.

Still love them - daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Monday, January 19 2009 @ 06:03 PM EST

Hi Dave,

Thanks for saying that, you have always been a loyal supporter of my podcast and Podshock and for that I am grateful.

Cheers,

Russel

I am the Master and you will obey me... Listen to Ramble with Russel at ramblingruss.libsyn.com

Monday, January 26 2009 @ 01:21 PM EST
    This week we feature the ladies of the dead both in print and on video. First up is my book review of Bite Me If You Can by Lynsay Sands as woman struggles to adjust to her new life as an immortal. Then you get my DVD review of Dead Like Me Season 2 on DVD starring Ellen Muth as another young woman adjust to life in the after life. Music for this week features the songs Dead Again by Lejeune and Dead Lovely by Adams God and can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome

Cheers,

Russel

I am the Master and you will obey me... Listen to Ramble with Russel at ramblingruss.libsyn.com

Monday, February 02 2009 @ 12:13 PM EST
    This week it is a mix of the real and surreal. First up I give a rant on the recent segment about the virtual world of Second Life on the CBC news program that aired on the Fifth Estate called Strangers in Paradise that can be found at http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/2008-2009/strangers_in_paradise/video.html as well as the recent premature cancellation of the tv show Crusoe. Then I give my audio book review of 7th Heaven by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro as the Women's Murder Club tackles another series of murders. Finally it is off to the land of Xanth for my review of Two to the Fifth by Piers Anthony where the play is the thing. Music for this week features the song Wingless Bird by COMEG and can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, February 02 2009 @ 05:43 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Russel]

As always your comments and suggestions are welcome

Cheers,

Russel

Well one suggestion - add in a link to your post! :-)

here

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Monday, February 09 2009 @ 10:47 AM EST
    This week I have a pair of video reviews for your listening pleasure. First up is my DVD review of Super Dave's Super Stunt Spectacular Volume 1 as the great one defies death, again and again in this cult Canadian television classic. Then we bound into the future with my Blu-Ray review of Hulk VS. as the green goliath takes on Wolverine and the mighty Thor in 2 seperate adventures on one disc. Music for this week features the song Gods Don't Worry by Stanley Lucas Revolution and can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome

and can be found here

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, February 16 2009 @ 02:32 PM EST
    This week horror and death take centre stage in my post Valentine's Day episode. First up I give my review of Dead Like Me...Life After Death as we catch up with George Lass and her fellow Grim Reapers. Then it is off to Crystal Lake to get my opinion of Friday the 13th (2009) as new life is brought into an old slasher franchise. I top it off with my DVD review of Masters of Horror Season 1, Volume 2. Music for this week features the song Girl Friday by Hoverfly and Horrorstyle 130 bpm by The Regulatort Skin, both can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome

and can be found at http://ramblingruss.libsyn.com

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, February 23 2009 @ 01:42 PM EST
    Well here it is folks in all it's podcasting glory my journey to Podcamp Toronto '09 that took place at Ryerson University from Feb. 21 - 22. Suffice to say things did not go completely as planned but you still get some great content. I do eventuall catch up to Matt and Natt from the BSGcast.com and we discuss all things cyclon and get caught up on the soon to be departing Battlestar Galactica. Then I have a rather colorful talk about video games and cult movies with Steve and Mike from This Week in Geek podcast. Then I wrap things up with Jay Moonah and get his perspective on the event, that and skinned knee to boot. You also get a rant on what I think of street art as I close the show. Music for this week features the song Free Train Running by TJR and Travelogue by George Woods , both can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome

You can findmmy website at http://ramblingruss.libsyn.com

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, March 02 2009 @ 12:53 PM EST
    This week we journey into fantasy and science fiction. First up I give my book review of The Accidental Vampire by Lynsay Sands as Victor Argeneau takes center stage. Then it is a journey to Paradise Island as I review the new direct to video release of Wonder Woman. As an added bonous I throw in my audo book review of Star Wars : Millenium Falcon by James Luceno as we learn alot about the old YT-1300 freighter. Music for this week features the song Some kind of Wonderful by The Embers and Blocked Memory by Chi Weapon, both can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, March 09 2009 @ 03:12 PM EDT
    This week features masked troopers and masked men on the show. First off I go over the latest tv news in cancellations and renewws that have caught my interest then it is my book review of Star Wars : Order 66 by Karen Traviss as we explore the last days of the Jedi through clone troopers eyes. It is off to the movies again as Rob and I check out the much anticpated Watchmen and give our take on the latest graphic novel to hit the small screen with some slight spoilers in it so be warned. I wrap things up with my take of the release of Watchmen : The Motion picture comic and the latest demos from the PS3 network. Music for this week features the song Watching Me by Top Johnny and can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, March 16 2009 @ 12:04 PM EDT
    This week it is teenage vampire agnst and missing islanders is the focus this week. First up I give my opinion of the latest game demos from the PS3 Network. Then I review the movie Twilight leaps to home video and I catch up with the Special Features on Season 4 of LOST on DVD and Blu-Ray. Music for this week features the song Immortal by Val Davis and Immortalize Me by Salient, both can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, March 16 2009 @ 06:39 PM EDT

Still listenning - only about 2 behind now.

Keep them coming....:-)

Cheers, daveac

Tuesday, March 17 2009 @ 12:31 AM EDT
    Thanks Dave,

I know you are one of the loyal supporters of my podcast. The few, the proud that there are for my show. Just wish I would get more listener feedback on them. I have tried recording through my recorder and then imprting that in, has it made a difference in how I am sounding compared to using my headset mic ?

Cheers,

Russel

Tuesday, March 17 2009 @ 11:11 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Russel] Thanks Dave,

I know you are one of the loyal supporters of my podcast. The few, the proud that there are for my show. Just wish I would get more listener feedback on them. I have tried recording through my recorder and then imprting that in, has it made a difference in how I am sounding compared to using my headset mic ?

Cheers,

Russel

Thanks Russel,

I think your sound is good - but to be trueful most of your 'home based stuff' is good.

Unless I knew how you sounded 'in real life' I couldn't say which was best.

Cheers, daveac

Monday, March 23 2009 @ 12:05 PM EDT
    This week features another on the road edition of my podcast. This time around I journey once again to Toronto and attend a Battlestar Galactica Frakkin Final Party at the Sports Centre Cafe, co-hosted by the televixen herself, Melissa Grimonte. You get my take of the event before and after the finale aired along with my good friends Matt and Natt from the BSGcast (www.bsgcast.com) and Steve Saylor from This Week in Geek (http://thisweekingeek.net) along with opinions from Meliisa as well. So hold on to your hats as we go over the end to one of the best Sci-Fi shows done in recent years and yes there be spoilers a plenty. Watch for me to also appear as a guest on this week's BSGcast, where you can catch me in living colour. Music for this week features the song The Battle by J. Underberg and End of the Line by Timothy C. Lee , both can be found at www.podsafemusic.com. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome

Cheers,

Russel

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored