The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 304 - 'The Claws of Axos' is Reviewed
  • New Doctor Who Series Launch Confirmed for August and Teaser Promo Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Invasion of Time? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 303 - 'The Invasion of Time' is Reviewed
  • Dozens of Doctor Who guests converge on Long Island this November!
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 302 - Terry Walsh Interviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Mary Tamm
    Mary Tamm
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  Ramble with Russel Podcast Updates
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Ramble with Russel Podcast Updates Views: 19407
     Saturday, August 25 2007 @ 12:37 PM EDT
    A little later but here goes anways

This week it is late night memories and Harry Potter talk. First up I remember former talk show host Tom Snyder and then it is my audio book review of The 6th Target by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro as the Women's Murder Club is back in action. My guest this week is Claire Parsons as she joins me with a discussion on Harry Potter & Doctor Who. Music for this week is excerpts from the song That Magic Night by Captain aka MJC and can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

P.S. There is a special audio clip at the end of the show that I puleld from my video tape library

I am the Master and you will obey me... Listen to Ramble with Russel at ramblingruss.libsyn.com
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Thursday, September 13 2007 @ 10:50 AM EDT
    Man I have been slacking....There have been 3 updates to my podcast since my last post, here they are from newsest to oldest....

This week I return to my dual audio book reviews for your listening pleasure. Firts up is my review of Loyalty in Death by J.D. Robb as Eve Dallas fights to keep futuristic New York safe. Next up it is the latest Jack Reacher novel Bad Luck and Trouble by Lee Child as old army buddies track down killers that are targeting their own. Music for this weeks show are the songs Goodbye New York by The Shakes and Big Trouble Tonight by Mark Joyce. Both songs can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com . As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

On Episode 64...First up is the audio book review of Kingslayer : Seven Steps to the Arbiter by L. Ron Hubbard as a young man in the far future is flung into a mission where all of mankind's destiny is at stake. Then it is off to the cinema again as Rob and I check out the newly re-imagined Hallloween by Rob Zombie as a horror classic gets a makeover. We give our opinions while in a loacla cemetary and find out why Rob has never seen the original. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

On Episode 63...First up is my combined audio and paperback edition review of Tempest by Troy Denning which is Book 3 in the Star Wars : Legacy of the Force novels out now as Jacen Solo slips deeper into the dark side. Then it is back to the movies as Rob and I give our take on the movie Mr. Bean's Holiday and discuss classic movie characters with the return of Mr. Bean to the big screen. Songs in this epsiode are Matrix Overdrive by Seraphic Panoply and I close the show with the song Road Trip by Michael Slupczynski which can be both found at www.podsafemusic.com. You also get a big screen extra audio at the end of the show as well. As always your comments and suggesitons are welcome.

Hope you all are enjoying my podcast and please provide me with any feedback or guest/topic suggestions.

Cheers,
    Russel

I am the Master and you will obey me... Listen to Ramble with Russel at ramblingruss.libsyn.com

Thursday, September 27 2007 @ 10:27 AM EDT
    Hey folks seems I have been slacking here agan, here is a list of my latest podcasts...

Sorry for the lateness of the podcast but here it is. On the show this week is mjy audio book review of Step on a Crack by James Patterson with Michael Ledwidge as a father of 10 tries to stay one step ahead of a hostage crisis and his ailing wife. Music on this weeks show are the songs One Step Ahead by Hoserski and A Crack in the Ceiling by Outside. Both songs can be found as usual at www.podsafeaudio.com . As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

On episode 66...I feature a double dose of Hanna-Barbera classic animation on DVD. I review the latest DVD sets of Space Ghost & DinoBoy : The Complete Series along with Birdman & The Galaxy Trio : The Complete Series that came out not that long ago. You get my opinion of these terrific cartoon shows and what I think of thier more recent modern makeovers. Music for this week are the songs Space Junk by Fraser Mills and In Your Galaxy by Electron Love Theory. Both can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome

Cheers,
    Russel

Wednesday, October 03 2007 @ 02:11 PM EDT
    This week we jump back into the Star Wars Universe with my audio book review of Star Wars : Legacy of the Force : Book 5 - Sacrifice by Karen Traviss as Jacen Solo's journey to the dark side costs the life of someone close to him. Music for this week is the sultry song I've Got A Secret by Robin Stine and is inspired by the young jedi's dark secret. The song can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

Thursday, October 11 2007 @ 10:48 AM EDT
    This week I feature the Sultry Sirens of the Silver Screen. First up is my movie review of the latest zombie thrilelr with Resident Evil : Extinction as the lovely Milla Jovovich kick undead butt. Then we stay in Hollywood and catch up with singer/actress Karmyn Tyler as we talk about movies, song writing and beauty pagents in the land of glitz and glamour. Music this week are two songs by Karmyn, Drifting and Just my Style. You can find more about her by going to either www.karmyntyler.com, http://karmynkast.net or http://blog.karmyntyler.net. Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

Wednesday, October 24 2007 @ 01:52 PM EDT
    Here you go folks here is a double update of my recent podcasts, been slacking again

This week we elves and Daleks take the spotlght. First up is my audio book review of the unabridged The Elves of Cintra by Terry Brooks and the batttle between the Word and Void takes some interesting turns on the road to Shannara. Then I catch up with composer Martin Johnson as we discuss the upcoming stage preformance of the Dalek Masterplan that is taking place this week in Portsmouth, England. You also get a sneak preview of the music from that produciton right on my podcast. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

And then last week's show....
    First up is my audio book review of Star Wars : Legacy of the Force - Book 6 - Inferno by Troy Denning as the war between the Galactic Alliance heats up and old friendships are destroyed. Then we catch up with podcaster/author of Podcasting for Profit, Leesa Barnes and discuss the writing process, Rocketboom and steps to make money from your podcast. Music this week is samples from the song Traffic Jammer by George Wood and can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

Friday, November 02 2007 @ 02:44 PM EDT
    Here it is folks the much edited and jammed packed Halloween Special '07 for your listening pleasure. On the show you will have my in depth historical review of the phenomenon which is War of the Worlds, starting from the novel to present day. You also get a my DVD review of the War of the Worlds Season 1 and my take on a another sci-fi orginal. Then it is off to the movies as I give you my review of the latest vampire thriller 30 Days of Nights as the undead invade a small town in Alaska. Music for the show this week are the songs Aliens by Tripudio and Hallow's Eve by Michael Stephens. Both songs can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. As always your comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers,
    Russel

Friday, November 09 2007 @ 11:23 AM EST
    Here is it folks a little later then I wanted but still packed with podcasting goodness and a new microphone. First up is my audio book review of Bones to Ashes by Kathy Reiches as Temperance Brennan tries to track down serial predator that may links to her past. Then it is off to the movies as I catch up with Bill Howell from the Century Theatre in Lindsay and we discuss how horror movies have changed over the years. Music for this weeks show is from the song Horrorstyle(140 bpm) by The Regulator & Skinny Bee. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

Tuesday, November 13 2007 @ 02:18 PM EST
    This week it is back to basics with just an audio book review and some groovy podsafe music. On the show you get my review of the audio book The Wheel of Darkness by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child as FBI agent Pendergast pursues a murderer on the high seas. Songs featured in the podcast are Darkness Leave the Light on by David Gielan, Creepy John by hairclub fo men and Tug Boat by Brittney Sparse. All music can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome

Cheers,
    Russel

Thursday, November 29 2007 @ 02:15 PM EST
    Here you go everybody some updates on my Podcast for those who are interested. Lets start with where I left off last

In 74 extra you get my take on the recent Writer's Guild of America Strike that is happening ikn the US and some groovy podsafe music. Music on this show are the songs News at 11 by Johnne Tuzza and Spread the News by James Hurst and both songs can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Then for episode 75...

This week it is a podcast full of quick decisions and quick reflexes. First up is my audio book review of The Quickie by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge as a woman's life is turned topsy turvy by a quick decision. Then I catch up with Chris Houle from Iceman Video Games as we talk about one of the busiest seasons in the world of video games and some the recent developments in the land of quick reflexes. The song for this week is Sex and Violence by Nadeea and can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Next week I will have returning guest Karmyn Tyler on to discuss the Writers Guild Strike in more detail.

Cheers,
    Russel

Monday, December 03 2007 @ 02:25 PM EST
    On this week's show the Writer's Guild of America strike takes centre stage. I catch up with podcaster/singer/actress Karmyn Tyler and we discuss the strike, the emergence of new media and the effect that it is happening on the industry she makes a living off. Music for this week's show are the songs Young World by Eric Boff and Spread the News by James Hurst and both can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. If you want to find out more from the Writer's Guild you can go to www.wga.org for all the latest news and updates. As always your comments and suggestions are appreciated

Cheers,
    Russel

Monday, December 03 2007 @ 05:17 PM EST

I'm downloading your latest podcast now Russel - but I wish you would try again to join Podshock Live on the TalkShoe feed.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Tuesday, December 04 2007 @ 12:01 AM EST
    Thanks for downloading it and supporting my podcast Dave. I am hoping to havfe a major Dr. Who guest in the New Year and smoe people form Big Finish on soon as well.

I will try and join the Talkshoe discussion this weekend, internet willing but I have not had alot of luck in the past joining Talkshoe shows but I will give it a go if I can.

Cheers,
    Russel

Tuesday, December 04 2007 @ 09:33 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Russel] Thanks for downloading it and supporting my podcast Dave. I am hoping to havfe a major Dr. Who guest in the New Year and smoe people form Big Finish on soon as well.

I will try and join the Talkshoe discussion this weekend, internet willing but I have not had alot of luck in the past joining Talkshoe shows but I will give it a go if I can.

Cheers,
    Russel

It should be easier to get in now.

Your guest - Karmyn Tyler was great too.

I really enjoy this Episode (76)

Worth a listen folks!

Cheers, dac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Monday, December 10 2007 @ 03:19 PM EST
    Thanks for the kind words Dave, it really was a good discussion with her and maybe smoe insights into those who do not know the ins and outs of the television community.

This week we have a shorter but still good podcast for you. The theme is rumours and whispers. First off I talk about the news of classic televiosn show coming to DVD in the new year and give you my take on the firing of Jeff Gerstmann from Gamespot. My audio book review this week is Whispers by Dean Koontz, an older story brought out in a new unabridged audio presentation. You also get to hear a trailer from the first season of Dark Shadows by Big Finish. Look for a fresh off the press trailer from them next week from thier newest audio drama The song for this week is Mighty Whispers by the Allmighty Whispers and can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. As always yours comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored