The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Mark of the Rani? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 301 - 'The Mark of the Rani' is Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Featured in Podcastrovalva
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 300 - The Passing of Kate O'Mara, Interviews with Mary Tamm and Janet Fielding
  • NASA New Spacesuit Z-2 Dominates
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 299 - 'The Web of Fear' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 298 - 'The Enemy of the World' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Emma Campbell-Jones joins the L.I. Who 2 line up "Best news all day"
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 297 - Classic Interview with Colin Baker, News, Feedback, and More
  • How do you rate the Matt Smith era of Doctor Who? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Supanova Dr Who cosplay 2
    Supanova Dr Who cosplay 2
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  Ramble with Russel Podcast Updates
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Ramble with Russel Podcast Updates Views: 18634
     Wednesday, March 05 2008 @ 09:48 AM EST
    Thanks for the compliment Dave, he was a great guy to talk to. I have even more great guests lined up for this month so keep listening. Next week will be writer/director Bob Forward and then later this month composer Martin Johnson and author Terry Brooks.

Cheers,
    Russel

I am the Master and you will obey me... Listen to Ramble with Russel at ramblingruss.libsyn.com
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Monday, March 10 2008 @ 02:57 PM EDT
    This week my March Madness continues with a very special podcast. On the show you will get my exclusive interview with writer/director, Bob Forward as we discuss his work in the world of animation. Some if the topics we cover are wroking with established characters, censorhip, the cost of making a show and working with toy companies. Instrument music is once again provided by the band Mr. Burns. If you want to check out my guest's website you can go to www.detonationfilms.com. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

I am the Master and you will obey me... Listen to Ramble with Russel at ramblingruss.libsyn.com

Monday, March 17 2008 @ 11:42 AM EDT
    The ladies once again get spotlighted in my podcast this week. First up is my retro audio book review of Dead Ringer by Lisa Scottoline as a fiesty female lawyer gets the case of a lifetime, if she can only survive it. My special guest this week is the lovely Karmyn Tyler from www.karmynkast.com and www.karmyntyler.com, we discuss what impact the recent writer's strike had on the industry and a possible screen actor's guild strike in June. Instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns. This week's featured song is Everything is Allright by The Pike Bishops and can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

P.S. Next week best selling author Terry Brooks will be on the podcast and I am still looking for questions for my ask the author segement, get them into me before Friday. You can email me by going to the Feedback section of the website here and clicking on the link to email me or heck post the question here and I will use it.

Monday, March 17 2008 @ 07:21 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Russel]
    My special guest this week is the lovely Karmyn Tyler from www.karmynkast.com and www.karmyntyler.com, we discuss what impact the recent writer's strike had on the industry and a possible screen actor's guild strike in June.

Hi Russel - well you're on a Roll!

Aways a good podcast but Karmyn gets my vote very time. Big Grin

I always think of Charisma Carpenter when I listen to her talk.

I even checked out her latest Karmyn Kast.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Monday, March 24 2008 @ 02:14 AM EDT
    Well my March Madness special hits its peak this week. First off for your listening pleasure I give my audio book review of The Darkest Evening of the Year by Dean Koontz, another thriller this time feauting an amazing dog then you get the first half of my interview with the author of the new Dark Wraith of Shannara graphic novel, Terry Brooks is a guest exclusively on my podcast. We talk about the art of writing, the secret of his long term writing career and how much input he has on the audio books that are made of his works. Look for more with Terry next week for part 2 of the interview. Instrumental music for this week is once again provided by the band Mr. Burns. This week's featured song It's Time Now by The Kokoon and can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks Dave, now that you mention it, she does sound a little bit like that actress. She is a fun guest to have on and has great insight on the industry.

I decided to make my Terry Brooks interview a 2 parter to get more content in the show each week, enjoy.

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, March 31 2008 @ 01:45 AM EDT
    Here it is folks what many people have been waiting for, the second half of a terrific interview. First up is my book review of Star Wars Darth Bane : Path of Destruction by Drew Karpyshyn, as the dark side of the force gets shown in a new light in the old Republic. My guest this week is more of my exclusive talk with best selling author of the Shannara series, Terry Brooks. This week we conclude the interview with talk of his work in the Star Wars universe, movie adaptations of his novels, his new Dark Wraith of Shannara graphic novel and his upcoming novel The Gypsy Morph. Music at the top and end of the show is as usual provided by the band Mr. Burns. This week also features the songs Lets Get Ramblin by Dynamo Snackbar (which you may hear more of in another episode) and the song Masquarade by ISON. Both can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com . As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

Monday, April 07 2008 @ 01:57 AM EDT
    Another great show lined up for you folks this week with a new intro. First up it is my audio book review of the Shakespearian murder mystery Interred with Thier Bones by Jennifer Lee Carrell as a professor/director goes on the hunt for a lost piece of history. My feature segment for this week is my discussion and live candle reading with psychic reader Linda Hilary as we discuss what it is like to tell the fortunes of others. If you want to contact her she can be reached at lindahilary@hotmail.com for more information. Music for the show are the song Outta My Mind by High Alert Status and featured music from Lets Get Ramblin by Dynamo Snackbar. Both songs can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com . Ending theme music is by the band Mr. Burns. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome

Cheers,

Russel

Wednesday, April 16 2008 @ 01:53 AM EDT
    This week death takes centre stage on my podcast. First up is the audio book review of Slipknot by Linda Greenlaw as murder comes to a small US coastal town. Then it is off to the movies as Rob and I check out the latest teen slasher Prom Night that opened this past weekend. We discuss the film and give it a very unique rating system. The featured song for this week is Destination by Crush and selections from Lets Get Ramblin by Dynamo Snackbar and both can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, April 21 2008 @ 01:51 PM EDT
    This week we head out to the wild west with the first part of my Powder River Special. First up is my review of Powder River Season 1 & 2 as former lawman Britt McMaster starts his life over with his son Chad. Then I talk with the man behind the audio, Jerry Robbins, writer/director/producer and actor from Colonial Radio on the Air. We talk about how he got started making audios and behind the scenes of the western audio adventure. The featured song for this week is Radio by Chris Townsend and can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. If you are interested in hearing more audio dramas you can check them out at www.colonialradio.com or www.blackstoneaudio.com. Other music is by the band Mr. Burns and the intro song is Lets Get Ramblin by Dynamo Snackbar. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, April 21 2008 @ 06:58 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Russel] This week we head out to the wild west with the first part of my Powder River Special.

Cheers,

Russel

Listenning to your 'Power River' interview as I post!

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Monday, April 28 2008 @ 10:28 AM EDT
    Here you go folks another fresh podcast off the dusty trail. This week it is Part 2 of my Powder River Special. First up is my retro book review of Excavation by James Rollins as some archelogical students get more than they bargained for in the mountains of Peru. Then I am join once again by Jerry Robbins from Colonial Radio on the Air as we discuss his studio recording style, special effects and what is coming up with his audio production company. You also get treated to a great song from one of the epiosdes of Powder river and a teaser trailer for their upcoming adaptationof King Solomon's Mines. You can find more about Herry's company by going to www.colonialradio.com. Other music is once again provided by the band Mr. Burns. The intro music is from the song Lets Get Ramblin by Dynamo Snackbar and can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. As always your commenst and suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers,

Russel

Tuesday, May 06 2008 @ 02:08 AM EDT
    This week it is all about fighting crime, in and out of an metal suit. First up is my audio book review of Obsession by Jonathan Kellerman, as Alex Delaware and Milo investigate a cryptic message from a dead woman. Then I crank the show up a notch with my reviews of both the PS2 game and movie review of Iron Man that opened up across NOrth America this past weekend. The featured song for this week is IRON by Spotrushaz. The theme song is Lets Get Ramblin by Dynamo Snackbar. Both can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. Other incidental music is by the band Mr. Burns. Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

P.S. Dont forget to take my audience survey on my webpage

Tuesday, May 13 2008 @ 03:04 PM EDT
    This week I have a jammed packed show full of reviews and music. First up is my DVD review of Dragonlance : Dragons of Autumn Twilight as a classic fantasy novel gets animated in a big way. Then we delve into murder and mystery with Complusion by Jonathan Kellerman as Alex and Milo track down a shape-shifting killer. My final review is one of the newer Xanth novels, Stork Naked by Piers Anthony as Suprise Golem goes on a quest to rescue her baby. Music for this weeks features the songs Dragons by The Switch, A Stranger by Jackal + Wolf, and Done and Dusted by Dave Stannard. All songs can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. Extro music is by the band Mr Burns. As always comments and suggestions are welcome.

Remember to take my listener survey on my blogpage.

Cheers,

Russel

Tuesday, May 13 2008 @ 03:05 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Russel] This week I have...

Russel

Downloaded and already 10 minutes into it!

Cheers, daveac

Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 11:27 AM EDT
    Here it is folk my 100th show and it is a big one. First up I start the show for the first time LIVE on the Talkshoe network as I talk with actress/singer/podcaster Karmyn Tyler in front of an online audience and get questions from them. Then I give my book review of House by Frank Peretti & Ted Dekker as 7 people get trapped in a house with a killer stalking them with the only way out in. Then I wrap things off with my movie review of Speed Racer that is playing at a theatre near you. Songs in this episode include Luv me So by Karmyn Tyler as well as songs from www.podsafeaudio.com Fastest by Kathy Reynolds and Lets Get Ramblin by Dynamo Snackbar. Other incidental msuic provided by the band Mr. Burns. You can find Tim Drury's podcast at http://tin-dog.co.uk/ for all your Doctor Who podcasting needs. As always your comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers,

Russel

P.S. This week also features Podshock regular daveac in the LIVE portion of the show

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored