The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Dark Water' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 02
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 316 - 'In the Forest of the Night' Reviewed
  • Deleted Scenes from The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: In the Forest of the Night? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'In the Forest of the Night' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 26
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 315 - 'Flatline' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Steven Moffat
    Steven Moffat
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  Ramble with Russel Podcast Updates
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Ramble with Russel Podcast Updates Views: 20362
     Tuesday, May 27 2008 @ 10:42 AM EDT
    This weeks show we travel the globe investigating secrests and crime. First up you get my audio book review of Last Known Victim by Erica Spindler as murder goes down in the Big Easy in post-Katrina New Orleans. Then it is off to the movies as Rob joins me for our review of Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull has come to a theatre near you. Songs for this weeks are The Battle by J Underberg and Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar which can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. Other incidental msuic is by the band Mr. Burns. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

I am the Master and you will obey me... Listen to Ramble with Russel at ramblingruss.libsyn.com
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Monday, June 02 2008 @ 12:36 PM EDT
    This week we look at old franchises getting new life agaiin. First up it is my book review of Wild Cards : Book 17 : Death Draws Five by John J. Miller as Jokers and Aces battle over the life of a young man with amazing powers. Then we journey back to Eternia with my DVD review of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (2002) Vol 1, the most recent incarnation of the muscle bound hero. The songs for this week include Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar and Full Moon Over Babylon by Becky Bishop. Both songs can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. Instrumental music provided by the band Mr. Burns and can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

I am the Master and you will obey me... Listen to Ramble with Russel at ramblingruss.libsyn.com

Monday, June 09 2008 @ 12:57 AM EDT
    On this week's show we wrap up the Legacy of the Force and catch up with Paul Wilson. First up on the show is my audio book review of Star Wars : Legacy of the Force : Book 9 Invincible by Troy Denning as the fate of the universe hangs in the blanace. My guest this week is Paul Wilson, formerly of the Whocast and now with Big Finish Audio Productions, making his return to my show. We talk about leaving his old podcast, working in his new job and even the summer movie season just before he goes on vacation. Songs for this week include Lets get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar and the quirky yet funny song of Space Zombies (from the Black Lagoon) by Dawglips. Both can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. Instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers,
    Russel

Monday, June 09 2008 @ 08:08 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Russel] On this week's show we wrap up the Legacy of the Force and catch up with Paul Wilson.
    Cheers,
    Russel

Including a Scoop news item from Paul!

Well done Russell!

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Tuesday, June 10 2008 @ 11:38 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    [Quote  by:  Russel] On this week's show we wrap up the Legacy of the Force and catch up with Paul Wilson.
    Cheers,
    Russel

Including a Scoop news item from Paul!

Well done Russell!

Cheers, daveac

Great show. Not sure what the Scoop new is though. Must listen again

Somewhere the tea is getting cold
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, June 10 2008 @ 12:21 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Gabriel Chase]
    Great show. Not sure what the Scoop new is though. Must listen again

It's 18 minutes in 'I'll give you and exclusive anouncement...'

But It's about their setup - not about series - so the 'news' may not be news now.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Monday, June 16 2008 @ 01:02 PM EDT
    This week we hit the hills of Hollywood with one big green smack. First up is my audio book review of Beverly Hills Dead by Stuart Woods as we explore the early days of Centurion Studios and the Red Scare in the US. Then we Hulkify things up with my video game and movie review of the Incredible Hulk that is now playing at a theatre near you. Rob joins me for the film and we have very different takes on the motion picture. Songs for this week are Chlorine Aqua Green by Bit Rationale, Green Forest by Aaron Daringtron and Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. All can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

P.S. The Scoop from last week was interesting to Big Finish listeners but not about Series 4 of Doctor Who. Sorry if anyone was misled by that.

Monday, June 23 2008 @ 02:11 PM EDT
    Here you go folks another fresh podcast for you to enjoy. On the show this week you get my book review of Santa Fe Dead by Stuart Woods as Ed Eagle does battle with his ex-wife Barbara and then I talk with returning guest Martin Johnson, newly hired sound engineer for Big Finish. We talk about working for a large audio production company and the challenges of making sound effects and of course Doctor Who. Music on the show this week. The song in this week's show is Let's Get Ramblin by Dynamo Snackbar and can be found at www.podsafemusic.com. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, June 23 2008 @ 07:20 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Russel] I talk with returning guest Martin Johnson, newly hired sound engineer for Big Finish. We talk about working for a large audio production company and the challenges of making sound effects and of course Doctor Who.

Cheers,
    Russel

What a great interview with Martin, Russel - really enjoyed that.

Martin seems to have found his ideal job.

Cheers, daveac

Monday, June 30 2008 @ 01:07 PM EDT
    Thanks Dave been trying to get a hold of Martin for weeks so it was great to talk to him again....now on to this week...

This week is a pair of retro book reviews. First up is the supernatural romance Love Bites by Lynsay Sands as we get a new take on vampirism. Then it is ladies on the run with my audio book review of Are You Afraid of the Dark by Sydney Sheldon as two widows fight for their life against an evil corporation. Songs featured on this week are Lady of the Dark by The Quintessentials and Sonnet 116 by Maggie Doucet and can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, July 07 2008 @ 12:06 PM EDT
    This week science fiction and fantasy take centre stage. First up is my book review of Air Appraent by Piers Anthony as we return to the land of Xanth in a murder mysery, of sorts. My guest this week is Kate Dyck, Head of Media Relations of Polaris 22 (http://www.tcon.ca/polaris/modules/tconguests/) which takes place in Toronto from July 11 - 13. We talk about the upcoming convention and what to expect there as well as handy do's and don'ts, an interesting costume choice from previous years to get everyone ready for the event that I will be attending. Songs for this week include Space Melody by Victor Stellar and Space Junk by Fraser Mills and both can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, July 14 2008 @ 03:05 PM EDT
    It is another one the road edition of my podcast as I take in the sights and sounds of Polaris 22 that was held in Toronto July 11 - 13, 2008. In this epsiode you get my take on Day 1 (where getting there was half the battle) and Day 2 of the largest Science Fiction/Fantasy Convention I have ever been to. This show includes Xena talk with a woman who actually was dressed as the character, I talk with Phil Chandler of Kaijuman Collectibles http://kaijumanscollectibles.com/ about Godzilla and how the character has stayed popular for so many years, then I catch up with Lord Vader and a couple of stormtroopers for a chat and then wrap up the day back in the dealer room with Meg from Scaredy Cats Costumes (http://www.scaredycats.ca/)who has a weapons making business with her husband. Lots more to come from the Convention with Day 3 coverage next week. Music for this week is Space Junk by Fraser Mills and Traffic Jammer by George Wood and can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

P.S. why is it so hard to change pictures or add them to amessage here....sigh

Monday, July 21 2008 @ 12:51 PM EDT
    This week I continue my Polaris 22 Convention coverage with a big show and a very special guest. In my coverage of Day 3 at the event I talk to Michael all about the wonderful world of Anime, Adam Smith of Sword in the Stone(www.swordinthestone.ca) a dealer of custom clothing for movies and film, John Martin, a savy collector of aciton figures and Daniel Cohen (www.danielcohen.com) who deals with the business of famous autographs as well as some final words from Kate Dyck, media relations at the convention. You also get for your listening pleasure the Jim Butcher press conference from the convention as he talks about the Dresden Files and what is the most dangerous martial art to him. Songs for this week include Space Melody by Victor Stellar and Space Junk by Fraser Mills and both can be found at www.podsafemusic.com. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

Sunday, July 27 2008 @ 02:21 AM EDT
    Great news for all my podcast listners...For weeks I have been asking you all to fill up my survey but now I am throwing in a prize. If you go to my website (http://ramblingruss.libsyn.com) and click on the survey link and fill it out you have a chance to win a 16 GB iPod touch along with free swag, heck who does not enjoy free swag. Also by filling out the survey you give me a chance to win $500 so there is never a better time to visit Ramble With Russel podcast. Complete rules and regs are here http://www.wizzard.tv/pdfs/Wizzard%20Survey%20Giveaway%20Rules.pdf. SO what are you waiting for ?

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, July 28 2008 @ 09:39 AM EDT
    This week science and the superntaural take centre stage. First up is my book review of Blasphemy by Douglas Preston as sciencetists in the Arizona desert may have found a link to creation itself. Then it is off to the movies with my friend Vanessa as we review The Dark Knight on the street right outside the theatre. My guest this week is best selling author Tanya Huff from the Polaris 22 press conference on July 12th, 2008. She talks to us about the show Blood Ties and how to make a living on just writing books. Plus I have some exciting news about the podcast and what is coming up in future shows. The song for this week is Blood Red Roses by Michael Martin and can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored