The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 307 - 'Deep Breath' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Deep Breath? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Into the Dalek' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 31st
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Deep Breath' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 24th
  • BBC One 'Deep Breath' Promotional Advertisement Video [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 306 - Interviews with Ian Marter and Sarah Sutton
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Slitheen
    Slitheen
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  Ramble with Russel Podcast Updates
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Ramble with Russel Podcast Updates Views: 19713
     Monday, August 04 2008 @ 03:48 PM EDT
    Another jam packed show for you all this week. This time around science fiction old and new is in the spotlight as we go Trekking With Wall-E. First up is my audio book review of the autobiography Up Till Now by William Shatner with David Fisher as the former captain of the Enterprise goes over the highs and lows of his life with his own voice. Then we jump ahead a little in the Star Trek universe and catch up with actress Terry Farrell from her press conference from Polaris 22. She talk about her role on Deep Space Nine and her life in televison as well as being a mom. Then to wrap things up this week a debut of a brand new segment on the podcast, The Film Junkies, Vanessa and Aleasha review the newest Pixar movie Wall-E. Music for this week features Space Junk by Fraser Mills and can be found at www.podsafemusic.com. Theme music for the Film Junkies is the song Do the Oh Oh by Doc Pilot and can be found at either www.jamendo.com or their Myspace page at www.myspace.com/docpilotxraypop. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.s always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

I am the Master and you will obey me... Listen to Ramble with Russel at ramblingruss.libsyn.com
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Monday, August 11 2008 @ 02:31 PM EDT
    This week it is my high adventure edition of my podcast which I am calling LOST and Found. First off we journey with a family as the fight to survivethe elements and ech other in my audio book review of Sail by James Patterson and Howard Roughan. Then I go back in a time a little bit and review LOST the 1st season DVD and give my impressions of how the series began. The feature segment for this week takes me back to the movies with Rob as we take in an evening show of The Mummy : Tomb of the Dragon Emperor and talk about the lack of pyramids among other things. If you are curious about the GoChi Juice you can hear more about it at www.gojihealthstories.com . The feature song for this week is Bride of the Dragon by Man Bites Dog and can be found www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

I am the Master and you will obey me... Listen to Ramble with Russel at ramblingruss.libsyn.com

Monday, August 18 2008 @ 01:22 PM EDT
    This week the show shifts to the supernatural and vampires again. First up you get my retro book review of the third book in the Argeneau vampires in Single White Vampire by Lynsay Sands as Bastien takes centre stage. Then we head back to Polaris 22 and the Jason Dohring press conference. He talks about hsi time on Moonlight as well as his other television roles. You also get a GoChi juice udpate from me as well. The feature song for this week is Moonlight by Stelios Arnaoutoglou B and can be found www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome

Cheers,

Russel

Sunday, August 24 2008 @ 06:58 PM EDT
    Due to possible CPU failure of my main computer there will be no Ramble With Russel Episode for the coming week of August 25. I apologize to all my loyal listeners but I am also facing possible car repairs and my car comes first. Thank you for your patience in this matter. I will be hopefully be able to provide you with new episodes in the near future. Keep in mind the website will stay active and all past shows can be accessed. Keep on Rambling.

Cheers,

Russel

Sunday, August 24 2008 @ 08:01 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Russel] Due to possible CPU failure of my main computer there will be no Ramble With Russel Episode for the coming week of August 25. I apologize to all my loyal listeners but I am also facing possible car repairs and my car comes first. Thank you for your patience in this matter. I will be hopefully be able to provide you with new episodes in the near future. Keep in mind the website will stay active and all past shows can be accessed. Keep on Rambling.

Cheers,

Russel

Sorry about that Russell - I remember you were having trouble with your car on your big Con journey.

Best wishes, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Monday, September 01 2008 @ 02:04 AM EDT
    Well after a forced week off I am back and fully charged to qoute Bob from the old animated show Reboot. First up you get my book review of the new Wildcards mosaic novel Inside Straight edited by George R.R. Martin as a new generation of heroes take center stage. Then we head into the world of identify theft as Lincoln Rhyme tackles a deadly killer in the audio book The Broken Window by Jeffrey Deaver. You also get my review of Season 2 of LOST on DVD as The Others threaten the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815. My feature segment is a talk with the Televixen herself, Melissa Girimonte who attended the recent Fan Expo in Toronto on August 22-24. We talk about the convention as well as Smallville, Battlestar Galactica and even Henry Winkler. Music for this week features ther song Lost Communication by Frenz and can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, September 08 2008 @ 11:21 AM EDT
    This week's show features a trio of reviews for you. First up is my audio book review of the The Woods by Harlan Coben as secrets long buried rise up again in the present, then I review the higly anticipated conclusion to the Genesis of Shannara series, The Gypsy Morph by Terry Brooks. You also get my review of LOST Season 3 on DVD as The Others take centre stage on the island. I even throw in an extra review for your listening pleasure. If you want to know more about GoChi juice you can check out www.rhondahandlechner.freelife.com for more info. Music for this week is Lost in You by Tea Leaves and and can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, September 15 2008 @ 03:40 PM EDT
    This week television is my focus of the podcast. First up I give you book review of Memory in Death by J.D. Robb as Eve Duncan has her past catch up with her with muderous results. Then we jump to the small screen and I give my impressions of the premiere of the new 90210 and The Fringe that recently aired in North America. I take a trip back in time as I review Kingdom Hospital the series on DVD where E.R. meets Twin Peaks and all from the mind of Stephen King. Music for this weeks features the songs Retro90210fun by Deyo and Thy Kingdom Come by Buffalo Soldier, both can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, September 22 2008 @ 11:27 AM EDT
    This week we feature we feature some heavy damage in the podcast. First up it is off to small town Arizona in Damage Control by J.A. Jance as a small town shetiff has to deal with a string of deaths. Then it is my video game review of Star Wars : The Force Unleashed for the PS2 as you wreage massive damage across the galaxy in the name of Lord Vader. We then travel back to Polaris 22 for the Cliff Simon Press Conference as he talks about his role as Bail in Stargate SG-1, speedos and why he is grateful for working in North America. Music for this week features the song Luv Me So by Karmyn Tyler that you can vote into the upcoming movie Punisher : Warzone Soundtrack by visiting http://www.iheartmusic.com/cc-common/artist_submission/player_punisher.html?art=145148&gateway=exiting and playing the song there . The intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar can be found at www.podsafemusic.com. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, September 22 2008 @ 11:33 AM EDT
    This week we feature we feature some heavy damage in the podcast. First up it is off to small town Arizona in Damage Control by J.A. Jance as a small town shetiff has to deal with a string of deaths. Then it is my video game review of Star Wars : The Force Unleashed for the PS2 as you wreage massive damage across the galaxy in the name of Lord Vader. We then travel back to Polaris 22 for the Cliff Simon Press Conference as he talks about his role as Ba'al in Stargate SG-1, speedos and why he is grateful for working in North America. Music for this week features the song Luv Me So by Karmyn Tyler that you can vote into the upcoming movie Punisher : Warzone Soundtrack by visiting http://www.iheartmusic.com/cc-common/artist_submission/player_punisher.html?art=145148&gateway=exiting and playing the song there . The intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar can be found at www.podsafemusic.com. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, September 29 2008 @ 12:04 PM EDT
    This week we explore adventure in many forms of media. First up it is my audio book review of Treasure of Khan by Clive Cussler and Dirk Cussler as Dirk Pitt and NUMA go against the Mongol empire. Then it is off to world of video games as I review LEGO Batman : the videogame on PS2 and LEGO Indiana Jones on PC. The feature segment is another trip back to Polaris 22 as I bring you the Gareth David-Llyod press conference as he talks about Torchwood and working on Doctor Who. Music for this weeks features the song Fake my Death by Pillow of Wrongness and Retro90210fun by Deyo and can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, October 06 2008 @ 12:14 PM EDT
    This week I feature a television centric episode. You get my reviews of the first 2 shows of the new Knight Rider and my take on season 4 of LOST. Then we head back to Polaris 22 for the Rainbow Sun Francks press conference as he talks about his time on Stargate Atlantis, his work on Aliens vs. Predator 2 and his passion for comic books and collectibles including what he would do if he had Thor's hammer. Music in the show features the Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar and Space Junk by Fraser Mills and both can be found at www.podsafemusic.com. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, October 06 2008 @ 06:35 PM EDT

Thanks Russel -

I need to catch up on the last two or three of your podcasts - but I always enjoy them - please keep doing them.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Monday, October 06 2008 @ 09:57 PM EDT
    Hi Dave

Thanks for the support of my podcast. I always count you as a loyal listener to my show.

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, October 13 2008 @ 04:41 PM EDT
    This week we deal with the newly dead and living dead on the show. First up his my book review of A Bite to Remember by Lynsay Sands as Vincent Argeneau has to deal with a saboteur. Then I throw in an extra review of Star Wars : The Force Unleashed, this time for the Nintendo Wii and you get my take on what it is like to play it without wires. I continue my summer clean up and give you another Polaris 22 press conference, this time it is Ellen Muth who starred in the cult tv show Dead Like Me and the movie Delores Claiborne. She talks about her role in the show, compares working in Vancouver and Montreal and what is was like to play a lesbian on the small screen. Music for this weeks features the song Things Will Be Better (When You Are Dead) by The Lie of a Pipe Dream and can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored