The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 307 - 'Deep Breath' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Deep Breath? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Into the Dalek' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 31st
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Deep Breath' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 24th
  • BBC One 'Deep Breath' Promotional Advertisement Video [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 306 - Interviews with Ian Marter and Sarah Sutton
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Peter Davison at Who in the Cavern 3
    Peter Davison at Who in the Cavern 3
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  Ramble with Russel Podcast Updates
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Ramble with Russel Podcast Updates Views: 19712
     Monday, August 21 2006 @ 09:45 PM EDT
    Well folks Episode 15 of my podcast is up for your listening pleasure. This week the topics are skin and bones. My audio book review si the new Kathy Reichs novel, Break No Bones starring Temperence Brennan who is the insporation for the hit tv series Bones. My guest interview is a local tattoo artists and we talk about the business of inking flesh and the interesting clientele he has had. As always your comments and suggesitions are appreciated.

Cheers,
    Russel

I am the Master and you will obey me... Listen to Ramble with Russel at ramblingruss.libsyn.com
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Tuesday, August 22 2006 @ 03:00 AM EDT

I changed the name of this thread so that you can use this one thread for all your podcast updates instead of creating a new thread for each update.

So just use this thread for your future updates. This way it will be easier for people to find info on your podcast if it is all contained within one thread.

Thanks.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Tuesday, August 22 2006 @ 08:49 AM EDT

Hi Louis,

Thanks for doing that, it does make alot of sense. I will just post to this thread now. I did not mean to clutter things up and it will make the updates eaiser to find.

Cheers,
    Russel

I am the Master and you will obey me... Listen to Ramble with Russel at ramblingruss.libsyn.com

Monday, August 28 2006 @ 01:30 AM EDT

Well Episode 16 of my podcast is uploaded and ready to listen to. This week features an audio book review of 2nd Chance by James Patterson with Andrew Gross and a DVD review of The Best of She-Ra : Princes of Power 2 DVD set. My guest this week is Tanya Gould from my workplace and we discuss country life, N.A.S.C.AR. and dating tips. Any comments or suggesitons are always welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

Monday, September 04 2006 @ 01:18 PM EDT
    Another epiosde is uploaded and ready to listen to. This week it is cold hard killers and reptiles in this week's podcast. First up is my audio book review of The Cold Moon by Jeffrey Deaver and then after that it is another co-movie review with Rob and we talk about Snakes on a Plane that opened recently. As well as giving out takes on the film, Rob and I also discuss things I have talked about in past podcasts such as Aaron Spelling, ginger beer and the Canadian TV cult classic The Beachcombers. As always your comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Monday, September 11 2006 @ 01:32 AM EDT

Another episode uploaded and ready to go.
    This week's show we venture into the cyber world of adults and kids. First up is my audio book review of Chasing the Dime by Michael Connelly, a murder mystery thriller. My guest interview is with Chris Houle who, along with her husband, Gary, runs Iceman Video Games in Lindsay, Ontario Canada. We discuss video games, E3 game show censorhip and the industry in general. As always your comments and sugegstions are always welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

Monday, September 25 2006 @ 10:50 PM EDT
    After a week break, I am back with another fresh podcast for your consideration. Inspired by my recent appearance on another podcast called GeekWeek, I thought I would do a Sci-Fi Special. First up is my review of the new PS2 game Lego Star Wars 2 : The Original Trilogy that was just released. My book review with contine the theme with my take on Betrayal by Aaron Allston, the first in the Legacy of the Force novels. In the feature section for this week I go over the history of the classic science fiction charcter Flash Gordon along with my review of the recently released animated DVD set of the character from the 70's. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

Tuesday, October 10 2006 @ 09:36 PM EDT
    I'm back with another fresh podcast and special guests this week. My featured book review is the audio books The Colorado Kid and Stationary Bike by Stephen King. My special guests this week are local horse riding instructors Jim and Michelle Ward at Valentia Equestrian who have coached over 200 young riders in my area since 1998. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

Tuesday, October 24 2006 @ 11:36 AM EDT
    Hi folks, after a little bit of time off I am back with my pre-Halloween Special this week. My book review is the audio book Isolation Ward by Joshua Spanogle, a medical murder mystery thriller and his debut novel. My special guest this week is fellow podcaster and all around good guy, Paul Wilson of The Whocast, who took some time out of his sick bed to chat with me. We discuss the quickly approaching All Hallow's Eve, his newly re-vamped website and a very special offer for all my listeners on a new thrilling audio adventure series called The Scarifyers that has started up. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

Tuesday, October 31 2006 @ 01:39 AM EST
    As promised last week, episode 22 is my Halloween special as we take a journey into the unknown and spooky. First up in one of my largest podcasts ever, is my review of the new DVD release The Hilarious House of Frightenstein : vol 1 as we look back at a cult classic from the 1970's. The spooky talk continues with my review of the audio book Creepers by David Morrell and Classic Chilling Tales vol. 1, old fashion scares for a modern day audience. My guest this week is John who talks about his forays into Urban Exploration in my region and some of the challenges he has faced in the field. As always your comments and sugegstions are always welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

Tuesday, October 31 2006 @ 07:43 AM EST
    Wow. Someone other than me remembers "The Hilarious House of Frightenstein!" Wow. That's on DVD???

I will have to whip over to Netflix...

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Tuesday, October 31 2006 @ 02:06 PM EST

Yes, Sean it is on DVD and it was really alot of fun to do a review of it. It never ceases to amaze me how many people have actually seen the show. It would not surprise me if Ken or Louise even caught the show when it was on. I hope this first volume is the first of many to come.

Cheers,
    Russel

Tuesday, November 07 2006 @ 04:32 PM EST
    Hey folks, back again for another slice of my ramblings. This week's show features my audio book review of the classic story The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis, the story that started all of the tales from the land of Narnia. My special guest this week is local businessman and fellow collector, Jake Norris, who runs the Pita Pantry in Lindsay, Ontario, Canada. We discuss the challenges of running a small business and his very interesting collection of Coca-Cola theme merchandise. This week's podcast features the song is Don't Wake me Up by Becky Bishop from her album Shapeshifting and promo for possible future guests from the Lipstick Aliens Podcast. As always you comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Cheers.
    Russel

Wednesday, November 15 2006 @ 07:15 AM EST
    On this week's show, saucy and sexy arrives on the podcast. First up is my audio book review of Mirror, Mirror by Gregory Maguire, a very interesting take on the legend of Snow White. We then move from the past and blast off into the future as my special guest this week are Lynne and Cat from the Lipstick Aliens Podcast as we talk conventions, revisit Snakes on a Plane, action figures and Science Fiction fun. As usual your comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

P.S. Do not forget about Episode 23 still fresh in the can to listen to as well.

Monday, November 27 2006 @ 09:41 AM EST
    The wicked and wild are featured in this week's podcast. First up, we hit the streets of L.A. in the audio book review of The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly a legal thriller where innocence is truly in the eye of the beholder. Then it is a sidestep to the land of Oz as my friend and co-worker, Melanie Jacobs, joins me on the show for a review of the novel turned Broadway play, Wicked by Gregory Maguire. So it is tales of murder and Munchkins on the menu for your merriment. As always your comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored