The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 12th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 313 - 'Kill the Moon' Reviewed
  • The Curse Of The Black Tooth - Spoilers!
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Kill The Moon? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Kill The Moon' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 5th

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Travis with Cast & Crew at Gallifrey 2006 (1 of 2)
    Travis with Cast & Crew at Gallifrey 2006 (1 of 2)
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  Ramble with Russel Podcast Updates
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Ramble with Russel Podcast Updates Views: 20219
     Monday, December 17 2007 @ 01:44 PM EST
    This week I have not one but two book reviews to warm up your winter days. First up we journey to the land of Xanth as I give my review of Pet Peeve by Piers Anthony as a poor goblen deals with a rude bird and invading robots while looking for love again. Then we jump back to the island of St. Marks as Stone Barrington is right in the thick of things as I give my audio book review of Shoot Him If He Runs by Stuart Woods. In keeping with Stone's New York base of operations the song is Long Island Sound by Brian Sharpe and can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. As an added bonous to this week's show you also get 2 very special promos from Big Finish and my good friend Karmyn Tyler. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

I am the Master and you will obey me... Listen to Ramble with Russel at ramblingruss.libsyn.com
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Thursday, December 27 2007 @ 01:31 AM EST
    Here it is for you folks just in time for Chirstmas Day, my Christmas Special '07 loaded with holiday goodness. In this week's show you will get my DVD review of the He-Man and She-Ra Christmas Special as the forces of good and evil do battle. Then it is off to the world of video games as I catch up with Chris Houle of Iceman Video Games as we discuss the latest news and holiday gift buying. As well you get holiday greeting from some fellow podcasters, great holiday music and special holiday drama from the folks at www.cosmichobo.com. Songs featured in today's show are Christmas Bells by Nimibear, The Christmas Song by Mark JungersNow It's Christmas by Rodger Christmann and Jingle Bells by Natalie Brown and all can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. As always your comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers,
    Russel

I am the Master and you will obey me... Listen to Ramble with Russel at ramblingruss.libsyn.com

Thursday, January 03 2008 @ 11:49 AM EST
    Here it is folks my first show of the new year with a new opening and ending music to boot courtesy of the band Mr. Burns. On the show this week you have my audio book review of Superstition by Karen Robards as a curious reporter may get more than she bargained for in a news story. Then I journey into the world of GOR and Second Life as I talk to somone who lives the Gorean lifestyle in that virtual world. Music in the show is the song Supersition by Ball in the House and can be foud at www.podsafeaudio.com. As always your comments and suggesitons are welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

Monday, January 14 2008 @ 01:50 PM EST
    A little late but still packed with podcasting goodness. This week's audio book review is Now & Then by Robert B. Parker as Spenser is once again for hire and gets involved with another interesting case. You also get my commentary of the lates developments in the war of HD-DVD vs. Blue Ray and on the Writer's Guild of America strike. There is also a very special announcement about a famous upcoming guest on the podcast. This weeks song is Damn Good Friends by Bob Maus and can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Special note : This week's podcast will be uploaded soon with a sepcail DVD review for all you fans of classic British sitcoms..keep watching this space...

Cheers,
    Russel

Tuesday, January 15 2008 @ 10:45 AM EST
    This week the colour black takes over the podcast. First off you have my audio book review of Black Order by James Rollins as SIGMA faces off against Nazis and the power of Quantum Theory. Then we journey across time with Rowan Atkinson in my DVD review of Black Adder the Complete Series as I talk about this classic British comedy. Music for this week are the songs Black Limousine by Mark Jungers and Black Swan by Belladonna, both can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. The instrumental music for my show is provided by the band Mr. Burns. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

Tuesday, January 15 2008 @ 11:22 AM EST
    Do you have a promo? if you do I will play it as part of my show if you play mine?

http://www.tin-dog.co.uk/index.php?post_id=281749

here

Guest Host on the WHOCAST

Tuesday, January 15 2008 @ 11:31 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Russel] Then we journey across time with Rowan Atkinson in my DVD review of Black Adder the Complete Series as I talk about this classic British comedy.
    Cheers,
    Russel

That sounds good Russel - and where were you Sunday - they're made it easier to take part in TalkShoe now - at least to text chat and listen.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Wednesday, January 23 2008 @ 11:52 AM EST

Ah I am working on making a new promo that hopefully will be done soon, I have a great idea I just have to get down and do it. When I do I will be sending it out to all my podcasting friends, including Podshock and you Tin Dog if you want it.

Ah this past Sunday I had company over and was still sufferign from what I now know I have bronchiatus, had it diagnosed yesterday. I will do my best to join the discussion for the 9th dcotor. Could not say much about the8th though I had not heard enough of his audio's yet.

But even sick I was still able to produce this...

Here it is folks another podcast jammed with content for you this week. I take my first journey into the world of Sci-Fi of the new year. First up is my book review of Star Wars : Legacy of the Force - Book 7 Fury by Aaron Allston as Jacen continues to take control of the galaxy. Then I debut a new segment on the show called Sci-Fi Chat with Cat as friend and fellow podcaster Cat from the in hiatus Lipstick Aliens Podcast talk about Heroes, Bionic Woman, the writer's strike and good old Battlestar Galactica. This week also features a brand new song by Karmyn Tyler called Luv Me So for your listening pleasure. All instrumental music is provided by the band Mr. Burns. As always your comments and suggesitons are welcome.

BTW what do you think of the new instrumental music I have been using for the show so far ? Is it better than the old theme I had before ?

Cheers,
    Russel

Tuesday, January 29 2008 @ 01:22 AM EST
    One this week's show we take 2 journey's into the past through books. First up I give my book review of Star Wars : Allegiance by Timothy Zahn as rebel stormtroopers and Mara Jade bring justice to an earlier time in the Star War Universe. The it is off to Boston in the 1800's with The Bone Garden by Tess Gerritsen as a young doctor tries to stop a murder and save his own life as well. Music on the show this week is the song Bone Cold by Joe Sibol and can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. Instrumental music provided by the band Mr. Burns. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

Wednesday, February 06 2008 @ 08:34 AM EST
    This week I give you a double dose of James Patterson on audio. First up is my take on the audio book Youv'e Been Warned by James Patterson & Howard Roughan as a young reporter finds her life spiralling out of control in very strange ways. Then we return to the wordl of Alex Cross with Double Cross by James Patterson as two killers stalk the famous Dragonslayer of crimminals. Music for the show are the songs Luv Me So by Karmyn Tyler and the song Crossed by Ellis Reed. Both songs can be found on the podsafe music network. Instrumenatl music is provided by the band Mr. Burns. Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

Tuesday, February 12 2008 @ 02:16 PM EST
    This week we feature a story that comes all the way from the depths of hell. The audio book review is Mister B. Gone by Clive Barker as the master of horror returns in this tale of a demon trapped in the very story. This week's show also features the brand new song Forbidden One by Karmyn Tyler as the sultry singer continues to explore new ground. Instrumentral music is once again by the band Mr. Burns. Your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

Monday, February 18 2008 @ 09:56 PM EST
    This week's show once again gives you 2 book reviews for the price of one podcast. First up we trek to the jungles of South America for my review of Amazonia by James Rollins as a group of scientists and military try to survive the terrors that dwell within it's depths. Then it is off to the world of cartoon strips as I review Schulz & Peanuts by David Michaelis as world of Charlie Brown's creator is explored. Music for the show this week are the songs Junglescape by Seraphic Panoply & The Concrete Jungle by KlassicK Productions. Both can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com . Instrumental music and my intro and extro is done by the band Mr. Burns. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

Monday, February 25 2008 @ 03:21 PM EST
    This week it is another on the road edition of my podcast as I check out the 2nd annual Podcamp Toronto Un-Conference that took place at Ryerson University from Feb. 23 - 24. Along with my take on the event you will also get to hear from Chris Brogan, social media anaylist and great guy as we talk about the growth of podcasting and how networking is changing, Jay Moonah, organizer, podcaster and musician about the coference and Matthew Campagna, from www.bsgcast.com, as we discuss the upcoming season of BattleStar Galactic and what marked the death of network television. Music on this week's show are the songs City Life by Shane Ervin and Another Day in the City by Classic Tragic Hero. Instrumental music is from the track Travelogue by George Woods and tracks from the band Mr. Burns. If you want to check out all of the sessions that were at the event check out http://podcamptoronto.pbwiki.com/MediaArchive2008 where they will all be eventually posted (including mine) for you to look at. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
    Russel

Tuesday, March 04 2008 @ 10:06 AM EST
    This week starts of my March Madness with a really big show. First up you get my take on the recent news from the HD-DVD vs. Blue-Ray front and possible takeover news in the world of video games. Then I give my my impression of the new zombie movie by George A. Romero, Diary of The Dead and what I thought of the place I saw it in. My guest for this week is writer,director & actor, Barnaby Edwards from Big Finish Productions as we discuss how to make audio dramas and some of the dramas that they make. Plus you get 2 trailers from Big Finish as well as well as one form the upcoming movie The Ruins. Instrumental music in the podcast is provded by the band Mr. Burns. As always your comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers,
    Russel

P.S. Upcoming guests this month include, writer director, Bob Forward (Beast Wars & Beast Machines), composer Martin Johnson and writer Terry Brooks all in March

Tuesday, March 04 2008 @ 11:04 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Russel] My guest for this week is writer,director & actor, Barnaby Edwards from Big Finish Productions as we discuss how to make audio dramas and some of the dramas that they make.

Cheers,
    Russel

Great show Russell - loved the Big Finish interview with Barnaby Edwards

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored