The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Mark of the Rani? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 301 - 'The Mark of the Rani' is Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Featured in Podcastrovalva
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 300 - The Passing of Kate O'Mara, Interviews with Mary Tamm and Janet Fielding
  • NASA New Spacesuit Z-2 Dominates
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 299 - 'The Web of Fear' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 298 - 'The Enemy of the World' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Emma Campbell-Jones joins the L.I. Who 2 line up "Best news all day"
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 297 - Classic Interview with Colin Baker, News, Feedback, and More
  • How do you rate the Matt Smith era of Doctor Who? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    NEV FOUNTAIN
    NEV FOUNTAIN
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  Ramble with Russel Podcast Updates
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Ramble with Russel Podcast Updates Views: 18686
     Tuesday, October 21 2008 @ 11:46 PM EDT
    This week I finish up my Summer blowout with some really great content. First up is my movie review of Journey to The Center of the Earth that hits video on Oct. 28 as an old story gets a new 3D twist. Then it is the last of my Polaris 22 press conferences as authors Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens take center stage. They talk about what is is like to write as a couple, working on Batman : The Animated Series, Alien Nation, The Lost World and of course Star Trek and much more. Music for this weeks features the song The Big Hook (1409) by Mark Jungers and can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar and Space Junk by Fraser Mills. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

I am the Master and you will obey me... Listen to Ramble with Russel at ramblingruss.libsyn.com
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Monday, October 27 2008 @ 10:39 PM EDT
    This week we venture into space and the depths of Horror. First up it is my book review of Star Wars : The Clone Wars by Karen Traviss, as the war heats up with Jabba's son on the line. Then I review Bela Lagosi : Dracula The 75th Anniversary on DVD as a horror classic legend comes back in time for Halloween. Music for this weeks features the song Hallow's Eve by Michael Stephens and can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

I am the Master and you will obey me... Listen to Ramble with Russel at ramblingruss.libsyn.com

Monday, November 03 2008 @ 10:12 PM EST
    This week it is antiques and web swinging fun for everyone. First up is my audio book review of Hot Mahogany by Stuart Woods as Stone Barrington is up to his neck in priceless furniture and sexy women. Then we hitch a ride with Spidey for my video game review of Spider-Man : Web of Shadows - Amazing Allies Edition for the PS2 as an alien menace threatens New York. Music for this weeks features the song Web by John Ludi and can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

Tuesday, November 11 2008 @ 12:24 AM EST
    This week we get a bit of old school adventure with future age laughs. First up is my audio book review of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by James Rollins as an old adventurer meets danger and an old love. Then I skip to the future to review Futurama : Bender's Game on DVD as the crew of the Planet Express tackle the world of Dungeons and Dragons. Music for this weeks features the song Five Minutes Into The Future by The Socknockers and No Dark Ships by Beatnik Pharmacy and can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

Tuesday, November 11 2008 @ 06:52 AM EST
    email me a promo and ill put it into the TDP

tin-dog@hotmail.co.uk

Guest Host on the WHOCAST

Monday, November 17 2008 @ 11:07 PM EST
    Will do Tin Dog I will work on one tomorrrow, now on this week's show...

This week we head back to the future and pay a visit to Bond. I give my second half of my review of Futurama : Bender's Game and talk about the special features of that release. Then it is movie time again with Rob as we give our opinion of the new James Bond movie, Quantum of Solace. Not only do we talk about the movie but also go off on a tangent about upcoming films, but Life on Mars and the mini-series Tin Man. Music for this weeks features the song Five Minutes Into The Future by The Socknockers. Narrow Escape by Seraphic Panoply and Mason Rocket : Spy Extraordinaire by Beatnik Turtle All of them can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, November 24 2008 @ 11:47 PM EST
    This week it is a mix of serial killers and online heroes. First up I give my audio book review of The Keepsake by Tess Gerritsen as Maura Isles and Jane Rizzoli track a gruesome killer. Then I discuss my experiences in the world of Massively Multiple Online Role-Playing Games or MMORPGS's and the games City of Heroes/Villians, World of Warcraft and Mabinogi and what I think of them. Music for this weeks features the songs Heroes and Promises by Matt Lipscombe and Heroine by Dirtywhite Fashion. All of them can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome

Cheers,

Russel

Tuesday, December 02 2008 @ 11:11 PM EST
    It is murder, mayhem and mirth on the show this week. First up is my audio book review of Judge and Jury by James Patterson & Andrew Gross as the US legal system gets turned on it's heels by a ruthless killer. Then I take a trip back in TV land to discuss my impression of the first season of Dead Like Me starring Ellen Muth. I wrap it up with my movie review of SAW V that was in a theatre near you a few montsh ago. Music for this week are the songs You by Bianca Jade and Pretty Girl by Jodi Jett and can be found at http://www.podcastnyc.net/psm/podcast.html . The intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com. . Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, December 15 2008 @ 11:22 AM EST
    This week we mix tales of the occult and classic science fiction redone. First up is my unabridged audio book review of Devil Bones by Kathy Reichs as Tempe Brennan investigates death involving vodoo, satanism and wicca. The I head off to the movies solo to give you my take on the remake to The Day the Earth Stood Still. Music for this week are the songs Angelic Devil by Willie Strings and the Players as well as Moving Still by Mike Holden and can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome

Cheers,

Russel

P.S. Look for some Doctor Who discussions in an upcoming episode in the very near future...Smile

Monday, January 05 2009 @ 09:04 AM EST
    I guess I have been a little slacking here when it comes to updates to my show....first up is...

Here it is folks my Annual Chirstmas Spectacular to enjoy. On the show you will get my talk with Santa from a local mall and my usual visit with Chris Houle from Iceman Videogames in Lindsay as we get caught up on the latest games and systems to enjoy. I also give you hints on what is coming up fopr the new year on the show. Music for this episode features the songs Christmas Bells by thehipcola, Happy Holiday & Almost Christmas Time by TinyHuge and This Christmas by the Stepford Five and can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com . As always your comments and suggesitons are welcome.

Then this week....

I am back with fresh episode to start off the new year. First up is a group review of the new film Marley & Me as I am joined by not 1 but 3 guest reviewers as we discuss the film while in a car. Then I am joined by Trevor and Marty from the Whocast as we discuss all things Doctor Who along with a little podcasting as well. Music for this week are the songs Zombie Dog by Woody Sparks as well as Funkytime by Manic and can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, January 12 2009 @ 12:54 PM EST
    This week I rev things up with a boost in my technology reviews. First up I give my audio book review of Bones by Jonathan Kellerman as Alex Delaware tracks down another serial killer. Then I leap forward in gaming tech and give you my impression of the Playstation 3 system along with the games Spider-Man : Web of Shadows and Mortal Kombat VS D.C. and I throw in my first Blu-Ray review of Smallville Season 7 to boot. Music for this week are the songs Immortal by Val Davis along with Expecting Superman by Rich Reich and can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome

Cheers,

Russel

Monday, January 12 2009 @ 01:19 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Russel] This week I rev things up with a boost in my technology reviews. First up I give my audio book review of Bones by Jonathan Kellerman as Alex Delaware tracks down another serial killer. Then I leap forward in gaming tech and give you my impression of the Playstation 3 system along with the games Spider-Man : Web of Shadows and Mortal Kombat VS D.C. and I throw in my first Blu-Ray review of Smallville Season 7 to boot. Music for this week are the songs Immortal by Val Davis along with Expecting Superman by Rich Reich and can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome

Cheers,

Russel

Russel,

I'd love to promote your podcast on mine! Do you have an audio promotion or something you can email me to read? I'll put it in with episode 3 of Hoo on Who this week!

David

Check out HOO on WHO, my podcast devoted to the review of Classic series Doctor Who DVD's. http://www.hooonwho.com

Monday, January 12 2009 @ 02:04 PM EST
    Sure, been working on making a new one and will get one to you ASAP. What is the deadline ? BTW do you have a contatc for getting the new releases sent to you for review yet ? been looking for one for ages.

Cheers,

Russel

Wednesday, January 14 2009 @ 10:18 AM EST
    No, I just buy them as they come out (if I have the money!) but I have several on my shelf that need to be re-watched and reviewed so I'm good.

No specific deadline. I need to sit down and watch the next DVD and it takes a bit because I go through it, all the extras, commentary, take notes etc.

Show prep is a lot of work! That's the first thing I've learned so far!

Check out HOO on WHO, my podcast devoted to the review of Classic series Doctor Who DVD's. http://www.hooonwho.com

Monday, January 19 2009 @ 04:11 PM EST
    This week it is television, both old and new. First up I give my rant on this year's Golden Globe Awards and what I think of them. Then I give my review of the non-fiction audio book Here's The Story : Surviving Marcia Brady and finding my true voice by Maureen McCormick as a for child tv star reveals all. Then I get ready the last half of the final season of Battlestar Galactica when I talk to Matt Campagna from www.bsgcast.com as make predictions on what is to come for the last 10 episodes of that show. Music for this week features the song Replaced by Robots by Lejeune and can be found at www.podsafemusic.com along with the intro music of Lets Get Ramblin' by Dynamo Snackbar. Other instrumental music is by the band Mr. Burns and they can be found at http://mrburns.homestead.com/index.html. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome

Cheers,

Russel

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored