The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Caretaker? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'The Caretaker' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 28th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 311 - 'Time Heist' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Time Heist' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 21st
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Time Heist? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 310 - 'Listen' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Listen? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Listen' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 14th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 309 - 'Robot of Sherwood' Reviewed
  • Patrick Troughton as Robin Hood Seen in 'Robot of Sherwood'

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Daleks Invade Manchester:- Dalek Picture 07
    Daleks Invade Manchester:- Dalek Picture 07
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  New blood in the forums
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    New blood in the forums Views: 12851
     Wednesday, November 01 2006 @ 10:57 PM EST

Hi Kat, welcome to the Gallifreyan Embassy! Yeah, I too enjoy the forums here. I love the various views expressed here... I often find differing opinions than of my own here as well, but that is what I enjoy. It makes me think things over perhaps from a different perspective.

As for the civility here, I must credit all the people here in our family that use this site. I never had to step in and stop anything in this regard. The one and only time I ever had to play "big brother" really was when some users were getting concerned about the amount of detail in a particular thread concerning getting episodes "by other means" (other than watching it directly on the BBC that is) prior to the release of DVDs or seeing it on other stations. And the only reason the conversation went that way was because people were just trying to help others out. I think foremost we are Doctor Who fans for Doctor Who fans... I know we use this sometimes as a tag-line for our podcasts, but it actually extends to our entire community here on the forums as well.

Now I hope I just didn't go off and jinx ourselves here. LOL.

But seriously, kudos to all the posters here for keeping this place a friendly and inviting place to discuss our favourite topic(s).

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Thursday, November 02 2006 @ 07:35 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  whodovoodoo] ...loving the podcasts on my morning walk along London's South Bank. (If any of you do the same look for me grinning like a crazy person between the houses of Parliament and Tate Modern early every morning) Kat

Hello all, I'm also a "newb" here (just getting used to your web speak you crazy kids). So far I've stuck purely to the Torchwood threads, acting mostly as a big wet blanket.

To be honest, I've been steering clear of Doctor Who web sites for the last few months, since the "there's Daleks in the void ship" cliff hanger of Army Of Ghost was pre-empted on some forum somewhere and completely spoiled the surprise for me. I envied the surprised reactions of my friends to the cliffhanger, so as much as I enjoy these forums I realised that I really wanted to be surprised by Doctor Who again.

So I've stopped frequenting the new series forums and have been sticking to Torchwood or old series chatter (loved the recent one about what could have been with the Five Doctors) although I've only recently started contributing.

And I've just started watching the old series from An Unearthly Child. Just got to The Aztecs. I can't believe how good these old ones are. William Hartnell is superb. Incredible that he was THE doctor for a while.

Whodoovoodoo- I cycle along the South Bank (one of those annoying people who cycles by the Oxo tower even though there's signs telling us to dismount). In fact I might be in The Founders Arms tonight! If I stay there long enough I'll be grinning like a crazy person too.

Wink

If half the art of survival is running away, the other half is knowing when to keep a straight face.
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, November 02 2006 @ 01:20 PM EST
    Wow, can I actually NOT be considered new blood anymore?

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, November 02 2006 @ 06:43 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  jeffreysg] Wow, can I actually NOT be considered new blood anymore?

Yep, you're old blood now! Wink

Cheers,
    Louis

Friday, November 17 2006 @ 02:03 PM EST
    Hey, how are all you guys doin?

Just to let you know I'm new here but I'll be around. So just sayin hi, I'll srr you later.

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, November 17 2006 @ 02:33 PM EST

Hey TOMSPY77,

Welcome aboard. You have been given diplomatic access to the Embassy. You will find that we are bigger on the inside Wink

Cheers,
    Louis

Friday, November 17 2006 @ 02:42 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  TOMSPY77] Hey, how are all you guys doin?

Just to let you know I'm new here but I'll be around. So just sayin hi, I'll srr you later.

Welcome - it may not seem busy at times - depends where in the world you are.

I'm in the UK and often I'm just signing off at 1am when the US crowd hit the site - although don't tell their bosses - but a few sneek a quick look around during their workday.

You can always add yourself to the Podshock Frappr map - check right down the righthand site of the main page for details.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Friday, November 17 2006 @ 06:23 PM EST
    Hi there. Think I could as new blood - joined the forums a few months ago but only built up the nerve to post in the last couple of weeks.

Thanks for the friendly welcome!!!

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, November 17 2006 @ 08:00 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Semiyon] Hi there. Think I could as new blood - joined the forums a few months ago but only built up the nerve to post in the last couple of weeks.

Thanks for the friendly welcome!!!

You have some nerve posting here... -- Hey, only kidding. No need to work up the nerve to post, this what the forums is all about. We are all friendly here.

So get comfortable, relax, and...

Do try the chips. Wink

Cheers,
    Louis

Wednesday, November 29 2006 @ 03:03 AM EST
    Well, I'm a noob sort of. I've been listening to Podshock for the better part of the year and I have lurked in these froums for most of that time, but tonight I thought I'd post for the first time and here it is. It's nice. Smile

Glenn a.k.a. "The 11th Doctor"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, November 29 2006 @ 05:34 AM EST
    Just in to do a 'three stars' dance!

To quote 'actorguy'

[Quote  by:  actorguy] ::Bouncy::Bouncy::Bouncy::Bouncy::

Mr. Green

*********************************************************** "Rubber Soles - Swear by them!"

Tuesday, December 12 2006 @ 05:42 PM EST
    Coming to you live from an unnamed basement near Dealey Plaza: another newbie!

I thought I'd say my formal hello.
    Hello!

I feel like I know a lot of you because I've either heard of your or heard your actual dulcet tones on Podshock. I'm still sloooooowly catching up on the episodes. I started from the beginning and have made it up to March of this year.

Looking forward to reading and commenting...

ConstantIrritant

"There's room for one more..."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, December 12 2006 @ 05:53 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  constantirritant] Coming to you live from an unnamed basement near Dealey Plaza: another newbie!

Looking forward to reading and commenting...

ConstantIrritant

Greetings, and welcome. Good to have another DFW (presumptive) area forum member/listener. Only one request, don't try to live up to your name Wink .

Mike M.

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Wednesday, December 13 2006 @ 07:08 AM EST
    Hi i am Rob i became a fan of Doctor who after my brother Carred on bugging me to whach Doctor who so i did.....My first epasode was parting ways............Bastard i am still kicking myself for not giveing it a chance when it first started with the new season But i hope i redeamed myself with preordering the 2005 season.

Well luckey for me my brother had recorded all of it on freeview so i was ready for the xmas invason.

When i got the 2005 season on DVD I remeber christopher eccleston saying he will be the first doctor to a lot of kids for this day and age..............Well i am 24 but i felt like a kid on xmas when i got season 1 on dvd and christopher eccleston will allways be my first and fave doctor billie piper is nice and all but that guy made me a fan as you three podcasters will say he is just fantastic.

David Tennent Dident pick up the ball he drop kicked and and chached it he filled some huge shues and i enjoy and am glad he ca pull it off but in my hart and same with my ex GF christopher eccleston is my first and will allways be hard to forget lol

I came across podshock about 2 months ago i was looking for a new podcast Due to one of my fave podcasts haveing a podcast dry spell [url]http://www.geekshow.us/[url] i decided to look for a differnt TV show type of podcast i liked Doctor who so i subsciribed to podshock (I am up to podshock 53) I really like the show its doctor who and most importently podcasters who dont sound like robots and i love the off topic banter that happens at times it cracks me up and keeps me intrested and i love it that you keep it as live as you can as when skype goes balls up.
    But the biggie is when (Sorry i dont remeber your name) Goes on a rant about stargate and the sci fi channel i loved it really cracked me up.

Since i first liserning to your podcast i decided to give the classic seasons a go...Well kinda i got the doctor who usa/uk movie and the 5 doctors film due to wanting to know more about the doctors history and that is another reason why i like your podcast Doctor who is the longest running sci fi show going and you guys give new fans like me a brillient guide.

Well i best end this but thank you all of you for giveing us a excellent podcast and a differnt view to a classic often discribed as trippy show DOCTOR WHO.

Thank you all

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, December 13 2006 @ 09:32 AM EST

Another Ken rant fan! Welcome Rob! And welcome to everybody else, those who have worked up the courage to post, and those who just lurk, stalking Louis' every move.

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored