The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 304 - 'The Claws of Axos' is Reviewed
  • New Doctor Who Series Launch Confirmed for August and Teaser Promo Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Invasion of Time? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 303 - 'The Invasion of Time' is Reviewed
  • Dozens of Doctor Who guests converge on Long Island this November!
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 302 - Terry Walsh Interviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Sil from Vengance on Varos
    Sil from Vengance on Varos
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  New blood in the forums
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    New blood in the forums Views: 12585
     Monday, January 09 2006 @ 06:37 PM EST

It is good to see new blood in the forums. I guess more and more Podshock listeners are making their way here, especially after the advertising of the forum on recent podcasts.

Welcome!

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Monday, January 09 2006 @ 08:09 PM EST
    Yes, nice to see new names in the forum. Come on in guys, we don't bite, really Wink

Admiral Kristine Kochanski G.A.B. Saffron, Moonstone, Burnt Orange Team Leader http://www.gabtraders.com "O brave new world That has such people in't"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, January 10 2006 @ 04:23 AM EST

I am delighted to see all the activity in the Forums as of late... including all the new faces. It is a wonderful online community that has grown here.

Hat's off to all regulars here that have welcomed everyone with open arms.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Tuesday, January 10 2006 @ 09:47 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    It is good to see new blood in the forums.

Taras

Well, I guess the reason Iíve been posting a bit more recently is because the topics have been interesting and Iíve had something to say. The way the forum is set up can be a bit difficult to maneuver so I just look at the recent posts section at the bottom of the front page. And yes, there is also the fact that I did meet you in person Taras, so it kind of makes it feel a bit comfortable conversing with someone you know is not an axe-wheedling loony on the other end. Wink Na, Iím not really in to they cyber-world/virtual culture thing. Rolling Eyes The Outpost Gallifrey forum can be a bit overwhelming, and although I have met a few of the regular-posters at the Regenerations convention in Swansea, if you post something there and comeback the next day, there have been at least five more pages of posts listed after yours; I canít imagine how anyone can follow that. Oh, and work has been a bit slow recently; that helps. Laughing Out Loud

Tuesday, January 10 2006 @ 11:28 AM EST
    My other hobbies (Magic: The Gathering) are a bit slow at the moment and when I stumbled upon the Podshock podcast, I thought I'd give these forums a try. I've received some excellent feedback from fellow users and it's nice to share my love of Doctor Who with others from around the world. I don't know anyone else here in America among my circle of friends who watch the show so it's nice to chat with people.

Tuesday, January 10 2006 @ 11:32 AM EST

Well, I have wielded an axe, and have been called a looney,... but I try not to mix business with pleasure Twisted Evil

It is hard to keep up with some of the discussions on OG, I agree. At one point I avoided the forums there for so long, that my login expired... oops.

Too bad no one has developed software to prune non-informative posts from thread views... it would make lurking so much easier. Smile

Taras

Tuesday, January 10 2006 @ 02:51 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]

Too bad no one has developed software to prune non-informative posts from thread views... it would make lurking so much easier. Smile

Taras

I know what you mean, I used to try to get an opinion on Big Finish audios (especially of late) from the forum before going out and buying it. But you usually have three page of people saying, Ďgee, Iím really looking forward to this one,í or ĎI can hardly wait for this one, Ď followed by three more pages of, ĎMine just arrived, I canít wait to start listining to this one,í and Ď I was so thrilled to arrive home and see the big finish package in my mailbox,í before we finally start to get some reviews by the sixth and seventh pages which is still usually interspersed with, ĎIím so bumped out, I havenít received mine yetí or, ĎI was going to listen to it tonight, but my friend Betty came over and wanted to play scrabble.í

Eek!

Iíve given up and now I usually just go by Joe Fordís review in the review section. Cool

(Yes, I know Iím exaggerating, but it makes life so much more interestingÖ) Wink

Tuesday, January 10 2006 @ 05:28 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  DSCFord] I know what you mean, I used to try to get an opinion on Big Finish audios (especially of late) from the forum before going out and buying it....

Iíve given up and now I usually just go by Joe Fordís review in the review section. Cool

Maybe I should do a review of Other Lives, which I heard last week.

I've also preordered the new Sarah Jane Smith series and am waiting for the first episode to arrive. Thought of trying an audio review but not sure what medium to record it in on a PC (I've got Audacity) and what file size is acceptible. From previous episodes I think 5 mins is the optimum review time. Is that right?

Abersoch

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, January 10 2006 @ 05:39 PM EST
    Well it took me a while to get around to it, but I figured that registering with the site would be an idea. And, once I had, replying to some stuff just kinda made sense. Smile

Now all I have to do is remember to keep posting Smile

Tiggs

Tiggs Panther - Learning the hard way that a working chameleon circuit is not useful in a crowded parking lot.

Tuesday, January 10 2006 @ 09:33 PM EST

When the forums were originally set up here, I thought it may have been a bit overwhelming in regards of the layout... having all the Doctor's eras in their own forums, and such.

As always, we are open to suggestions on how to make the forums easier to navigate and use. Is it a poor idea to have a forum for each era/Doctor? Should they be all in one forum?

Should we merge all the Doctor's forums 1 through 8 into one and call it "the classic series" and then have another one for Doctors 9 and up?

Should there be a forum for the audio adventures and another for novels and misc other 'expanded universe' material?

If you have any ideas to improve it, let me know.

Thanks.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Sunday, January 15 2006 @ 11:06 PM EST
    I've lurked for a while, but you know how hard it is being a newb. It's tough to join in without sounding like a tool.

I'm having fun posting though- its easier to do when the forums are active.

As for your question about merging forums, I think I'd like that. I may not visit the Sixth Doctor forum on my own (as he isn't excatly at the top of my list) but at the same time, its posts may be of interest to me. And since the world doesn't revolve around me, I find that many time a thread in one Doctor's forum often involves more than just that era. So I'm for the merge.

Cyn

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, January 15 2006 @ 11:34 PM EST
    Merging forums for Doctors is probably a good idea, except I would have a separate forum for discussions of current Doctor. Well, Doctors really, one for Christopher Eccleston and one for David Tennant since both will be current with the US getting the 9th Doctor in March. Bound to be more discussion on those since they will be showing episodes soon.

Admiral Kristine Kochanski G.A.B. Saffron, Moonstone, Burnt Orange Team Leader http://www.gabtraders.com "O brave new world That has such people in't"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, January 16 2006 @ 11:54 AM EST
    *waves*

Hello, I just joined. I found the podcast on iTunes and thought I'd poke my head in. Big Grin

Monday, January 16 2006 @ 12:23 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  TelegramSam] *waves*

Hello, I just joined. I found the podcast on iTunes and thought I'd poke my head in. Big Grin

Welcome, Sam!

Taras

Monday, January 23 2006 @ 08:39 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  DSCFord] And yes, there is also the fact that I did meet you in person Taras, so it kind of makes it feel a bit comfortable conversing with someone you know is not an axe-wheedling loony on the other end. Wink

Hey! I guess that means I've met you too! See I'm checking up on you guys (or stalking, either one)! How dare you desert us over at DWNY! Laughing Out Loud

Just thought I would stop in, spice things up abit.

Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored