The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 12th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 313 - 'Kill the Moon' Reviewed
  • The Curse Of The Black Tooth - Spoilers!
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Kill The Moon? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Kill The Moon' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 5th

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Cyberman Voice Changer Back
    Cyberman Voice Changer Back
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Discussions »  New blood in the forums
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    New blood in the forums Views: 12944
     Monday, January 23 2006 @ 09:13 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  euxine] Hey! I guess that means I've met you too! See I'm checking up on you guys (or stalking, either one)! How dare you desert us over at DWNY! Laughing Out Loud

Let's call it switch hitting, or being flexible with my Doctor Who fandom. Yes, we met at The Christmas Invasion party, and many DWNYers felt you abandoned them last pub night considering the number of inquiries about you...

I have a soft spot for the GE, as I used to watch them manning the phones during pledge breaks when WLIW still showed Doctor Who in the '80s.

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Tuesday, January 24 2006 @ 12:45 AM EST

Yep, I consider DWNY and GE all part of the same family.

I love all the things that DWNY are doing and one of these days my schedule will allow me to get my butt over to one of them.

DWNY have kept their sense of humour and fun in their organization... which is vital.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Tuesday, January 24 2006 @ 01:01 AM EST

Louis,

I think one of the upcoming video meets is on the Island... That should be a bit easier for you.

Taras

Tuesday, January 24 2006 @ 09:31 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Mohan] My other hobbies (Magic: The Gathering)

On an aside, I too love magic the gathering...but gave up on the account that i could only find 15 year old boys and goth lcids (no offence to any goth prone out there) to play.- still have all my cards though

Louis> yes we are a fun, friendly bunch (if I do say so myself). We really hope you can join us in Queens! You are guaranteed a good ole fashioned Who-down!

I really am enjoying the GE podcasts, they are never boring and constantly entertaining...

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, January 24 2006 @ 09:48 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  euxine] On an aside, I too love magic the gathering...but gave up on the account that i could only find 15 year old boys and goth lcids (no offence to any goth prone out there) to play.- still have all my cards though.

Wow, I haven't touched my cards in years. I was big into wargames and role playing games in college, and MtG single-handedly, almost killed the rest of the gaming industry.

Taras

Tuesday, January 24 2006 @ 02:31 PM EST

(~duplicated post - Admin~)

Tuesday, January 24 2006 @ 02:35 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  euxine]
    [Quote  by:  DSCFord] And yes, there is also the fact that I did meet you in person Taras, so it kind of makes it feel a bit comfortable conversing with someone you know is not an axe-wheedling loony on the other end. Wink

Hey! I guess that means I've met you too! See I'm checking up on you guys (or stalking, either one)! How dare you desert us over at DWNY! Laughing Out Loud

Just thought I would stop in, spice things up abit.

Hello Leala, fancy seeing you here!
    Oh, and I like the avatar by the way!
    I always knew someone would discover me over here sooner or later. Yea, Iíve been over here quite a bit when I can, its nice to be a guest in someone elseís house ya know! Ďcan really relax a bit more.

GE and DWNY are very much connected but different beasts so to speak. The DWNY forum (and group) was set up for the people in the New York City area to communicate and occasionally has people from outside the area join in. Its purpose is to facilitate getting together to party. The GE forum has people from all over [the world, really] with occasionally some from the New York City metro area joining in. Its also a bit easier to follow than the vast huge maze Outpost Gallifrey has become (you post something, come back the next day, and there has been six pages of posts after yours, how on earth does anyone keep up with it?).

So, take a tour around, Louis is a fantastic host.

Tuesday, January 24 2006 @ 03:12 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis]
    Yep, I consider DWNY and GE all part of the same family.

I love all the things that DWNY are doing and one of these days my schedule will allow me to get my butt over to one of them.

DWNY have kept their sense of humour and fun in their organization... which is vital.

Cheers,
    Louis

Thank you Louis, we are all Who Yorkers arenít we! Mr. Green
    Oh, thatís Leala, by the way, sheís one of the more vivacious DWNY characters Wink .
    John and I are somewhat trying to reinvent the wheel as to what a Doctor Who ďgroupĒ should be. Truth is the internet has changed everything, and we hope DWNY is a reflection of that reality. You have done a wonderful job in giving re-birth to the Gallifreyan Embassy of Long Island with Podshock, as evidenced by the activity on this website and forum. Fantastic job!
    DWAS, for example, is a group that has not really kept up with the times, whereas Outpost Gallifrey is now the real hearth of Doctor Who fandom.
    I sometimes get e-mails from people asking permission to attend or bring a friend to either a Philly or NYC DWNY meet. You donít need permission, we meet in public and are open to anyone. You donít join DWNY, DWNY joins you.

Friday, February 24 2006 @ 07:15 AM EST
    Hi I joined this forum yesterday thanks to podshock its one of the best who programmes around.

Dr Who is back baby Yeah !!!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, February 24 2006 @ 07:53 AM EST
    I also joined in the last couple of days after recently discovering Podshock via iTunes. I have been a Doctor Who fan for a very long time - and a frequent visitor of Outpost Gallifrey and the BBC site. Have all the videos and many non-fiction books and music CDs, but I ashamedly have almost no exposure to the novelizations or Big Finish series. Still, BIG fan and I love the podcast and the website guys! Great work! Wink

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, February 24 2006 @ 08:20 AM EST
    ...one other regret as a later fan is never having met Bill, Pat, Jon, JNT, Roger Delgado, or Anthony Ainley. Cry Still, I did have the joy of meeting Syl & Sophie once in Baltimore just as I was beginning to become a fan - as well as sitting at the bar, conversing with this fascinating British fellow writer who I later discovered to be none other than THE John Peel! Big Grin

Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, February 24 2006 @ 10:15 AM EST
    Thought it was only good and proper that I should take this opportunity to de-lurk (waiting to get my courage up!) and introduce myself.
    First came across the podcast after christmastime via iTunes - fully caught up with all past episodes now and they just keep getting better. Thanks for all the hard work you do guys - keep it up!
    I've just ordered some merchandise from the store for my birthday and very much looking forward to receiving it.
    Long term fan since the Tom Baker years although I admit my interest has been very much re-ignited by the excellent new series.
    This is the first forum that I have ever signed up to and posted on so forgive my early attempts if they are a bit waffly at first! Big Grin

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, March 01 2006 @ 11:50 PM EST
    Hey. Yeah, I've been listening to the Podshocks for a number of weeks - since about Episode 13 I think (and have since gone back to listen to Episodes 1 through 13), and have finally taken the effort to sign up for the forums. Podshock is great - keep up the brilliant work guys. I may end up sending in audio feedback one of these days.

I'm actually one of the elleged 'missing generation' or whatever it is termed - those who grew up in the time when Doctor Who wasn't on. I knew very little until 2005 about Doctor Who. Since then, I've managed to see all of the 5th, 6th, 7th and of course, 9th Doctor serials, and done fairly large amounts of background reading. Doctor Who is awesome, to say the least. Smile

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, March 02 2006 @ 10:29 AM EST

A warm welcome to all the new comers and "de-lurkers"...

Taras

Thursday, March 02 2006 @ 11:05 PM EST
    Should we merge all the Doctor's forums 1 through 8 into one and call it "the classic series" and then have another one for Doctors 9 and up?

Yes.

Should there be a forum for the audio adventures and another for novels and misc other 'expanded universe' material?

Yes.

I think you should also have a forum for events, like conventions & whatnot.

Also, one for fanfic/fanaudio/fanphotostories/gaming.

And, perhaps change the merchandise one to "classifieds".

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored