The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 304 - 'The Claws of Axos' is Reviewed
  • New Doctor Who Series Launch Confirmed for August and Teaser Promo Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Invasion of Time? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 303 - 'The Invasion of Time' is Reviewed
  • Dozens of Doctor Who guests converge on Long Island this November!
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 302 - Terry Walsh Interviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Pen and Pencil Dalek
    Pen and Pencil Dalek
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Web Site Feedback »  Polls
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Polls Views: 2536
     Saturday, July 16 2005 @ 03:56 AM EDT
    Question Have an idea for a poll question to be posted to the site? Post your suggestions here for future web site poll questions.

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Monday, May 21 2007 @ 08:10 AM EDT
    Do you think that the dismissal of Porsha Lawrence Mavour as "Kelsey" will improve Sarah Jane Adventures?

A ) Probably. The show's only going to work if Sarah Jane is surrounded by an interesting ensemble. And Kelsey was a terrible character played by a mediocre actress.
    B ) Probably not. The show's only going to work if Sarah Jane is surrounded by an interesting ensemble. Kelsey was a believable character who added something useful to the concept. There's no guarantee that her replacement will be any better.
    C ) Maybe, but the show lives or dies on the strength of Elizabeth Sladen, not the co-starring characters.
    D ) I'm really not interested enough in the show as a whole to care about its cast changes.
    E ) I want to see the show, but haven't yet seen the pilot, and currently have no opinion about the character of "Kelsey".

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." JNT, 1986

Monday, May 21 2007 @ 09:57 AM EDT

Is there talk of re-tooling the show? Or is just speculation (or wishful thinking) on our part? I am assuming that there are several if not all of the episodes of the series already shot now. Perhaps they are in the process of having all the effects added to them. And I am speculating that it will debut right after this year's Doctor Who series concludes with the entire cast we already saw on New Year's Day with Invasion of the Bane.

Cheers,
    Louis

Monday, May 21 2007 @ 10:22 AM EDT

They only started filming a few weeks ago. Earliest I can see for a start is the fall, but most likely winter...

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Monday, May 21 2007 @ 10:44 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

Is there talk of re-tooling the show? Or is just speculation (or wishful thinking) on our part? I am assuming that there are several if not all of the episodes of the series already shot now. Perhaps they are in the process of having all the effects added to them. And I am speculating that it will debut right after this year's Doctor Who series concludes with the entire cast we already saw on New Year's Day with Invasion of the Bane.

Nope, according to sarahjane.tv and DWM 378, the character of Kelsey is definitely out. The question seems to be whether the actor was flat-out fired or whether the character was never meant to progress beyond the pilot. Either way, her narrative space will be occupied by a male character, who will (at least in my eyes) hopefully provide the third side of a romantic triangle involving Luke and Maria.

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." JNT, 1986

Monday, May 21 2007 @ 11:08 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    They only started filming a few weeks ago. Earliest I can see for a start is the fall, but most likely winter...

Really? Wow. I haven't been keeping up with the production of the show, so I had assumed they continued their production block with shooting of the Invasion of the Bane... but obviously now, that was just a one-off.

Cheers,
    Louis

Monday, May 21 2007 @ 11:34 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  DarthSkeptical]
    Nope, according to sarahjane.tv and DWM 378, the character of Kelsey is definitely out. The question seems to be whether the actor was flat-out fired or whether the character was never meant to progress beyond the pilot. Either way, her narrative space will be occupied by a male character, who will (at least in my eyes) hopefully provide the third side of a romantic triangle involving Luke and Maria.

Hmm... Thanks for the news. Wasn't this the character that many viewers had an issue with when they saw Invasion of the Bane? So perhaps it will be for the best? I only saw it once back in January.

Cheers,
    Louis

Monday, May 21 2007 @ 12:09 PM EDT
    She was controversial, but not universally damned, as I remember the discussions. A lot of the discontent centered around whether her mode of speech was particularly realistic for someone of her age and geography.

Wednesday, May 30 2007 @ 12:40 PM EDT
    I have a question about the polls on the website- it's not a content question, but more about the mechanics of the website itself. [So what I am really saying is that this is a question for Louis.]

After I vote in a poll, I see the results on the home page of the website. When I leave the website and come back later, the set of radio buttons for the poll is usually back, and asking me to vote again.

Does this have something to do with cookies on my computer, or does this happen to everyone?

(Oh yeah- let me just let out a little "w00t" for my 101st forum post!)

Did you say "74,384,338 to 1 against"? That's my lucky number!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, May 30 2007 @ 03:42 PM EDT

I believe the polls are tied to your IP address, not your account or your local cookies. So you can actually vote more than once if you come to the site from a different IP address. Also, after a couple weeks, even at the same IP you will be able to vote again. So it is not the most scientific or accurate voting system. But for just rating stories and such, it is fine. It is not like we are voting for Prime Minister or President here (Vote Saxon) Wink

If someone is determined to stuff the ballot box here, it won't be too difficult for them.

Cheers,
    Louis

Wednesday, May 30 2007 @ 03:53 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  rocko] ...
    Does this have something to do with cookies on my computer, or does this happen to everyone?

Oh, so to answer your question... It should happen to everyone, not just you.

Cheers,
    Louis

Wednesday, May 30 2007 @ 05:43 PM EDT
    Okay, here's my tuppenny's worth for poll ideas:

Which companion from the black and white era would you most like to see return in the new series?

-Susan
    -Ian
    -Steven
    -Jamie
    -Zoe

Which non-companion character or characters from the classic series would you like to see have their own Big Finish audio adventures?

-Duggan (City of Death)
    -Lightfoot and Jago (Talons)
    -The corporations and mercenaries of Androzani
    -The colonists (Colony in Space)
    -The cowboys (The Gunfighters)

Wink

If half the art of survival is running away, the other half is knowing when to keep a straight face.
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, May 30 2007 @ 05:49 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  old china] Okay, here's my tuppenny's worth for poll ideas:

Which companion from the black and white era would you most like to see return in the new series?

-Susan
    -Ian
    -Steven
    -Jamie
    -Zoe

Which non-companion character or characters from the classic series would you like to see have their own Big Finish audio adventures?

-Duggan (City of Death)
    -Lightfoot and Jago (Talons)
    -The corporations and mercenaries of Androzani
    -The colonists (Colony in Space)
    -The cowboys (The Gunfighters)

Wink

Zoe or Ian

In the second group - the one's that were the 'the Assassin and (somebody) Glitz'

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Wednesday, May 30 2007 @ 07:23 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  old china] Which companion from the black and white era would you most like to see return in the new series?

I would love to see a scene between the Doctor and Susan.

Did you say "74,384,338 to 1 against"? That's my lucky number!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, May 30 2007 @ 07:48 PM EDT
    Well, if we were to be treated to the return of Susan, I'd prefer it be a different actress so as to suggest regeneration.

But the two B/W companions I'd most like to see return are Jamie and Steven. Especially Steven; I'd love a story in which we discover he's a fallen leader, having squandered the good will he had at the conclusion of "The Savages". An old, bitter Steven who needs a young Doctor to make him remember his own youthful idealism. "The Savages" is a forgotten classic, whose characters and situations would easily fit in with RTD's vision of "good" Doctor Who.

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored