The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Yet Another Promo for the 2014 Doctor Who Christmas Special - Last Christmas
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 319 - The 2014 Series of Doctor Who Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Eric Roberts at Gallifrey 18, February 17 2007
    Eric Roberts at Gallifrey 18, February 17 2007
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Other Science Fiction/Fantasy »  SPOILERS: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    SPOILERS: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles Views: 911
     Monday, February 11 2008 @ 09:49 PM EST
    I watched the first four episodes of this last week and have mixed fealings about it. Some of the plot ideas were quite cool but much of it seems a bit humdrum.

I like the fact that various agents have been sent further in time to hide things by both sides and that an FBI agent who believes something is up is tracking them.

Even the Juno terminator seems okay. However something seems missing.

Plus I keep spotting things that are designed to keep the budget down. like time transporting them for 1999 to 2007 and regrowing the skin on the Terminator skelentons.

What do others think? 32M American viewers can't be wrong (well they can and the writers strike means it this or gladiators!!!

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed are Kings
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, February 11 2008 @ 11:56 PM EST
    I haven't been watching this at all (my wife and I just finished season 1 of Eureka), but I'm going to take my magic car to see them all eventually. I don't have very high expectations, though.

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, February 12 2008 @ 01:20 AM EST

I've been watching... though I haven't seen tonight's episode yet (11 February), it is recorded on my TiVo. Last week's episode I thought was very ho-hum.

They seem to have gone out of their way to do a series with John Connor as an older teen (I say older in comparison to the T2 movie). They seem to be deliberately catering to the younger demographics that having a young John Connor and a young terminator protector character (female in appearance at that)... OK, so if that is the case, they could just kept it in the time frame of 1999. I think it would be kind of cool to show some of the contrast in technology and culture of a decade ago... I don't think it would have been that hard or expensive to do. But of course, it is easier to just have them jump in time to the present. Lame.

There seem to be one episode in which they had to acclimate to the jump in time... having to digest the events of September 11th 2001 and dealing with today's technology (i.e. modern mobile phones, etc.).. but as of last week's episode they seem pretty much completely acclimated.

The FBI agent scenario seems just all too familiar... We have seen this all before in The Fugitive and The Incredible Hulk television series.

I will keep watching for a while longer to see where it goes... but I think it may run its course fairly soon if the last couple episodes are any indication (again I haven't seen tonight's episode yet).

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Tuesday, February 12 2008 @ 07:39 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis] But of course, it is easier to just have them jump in time to the present. Lame.

There seem to be one episode in which they had to acclimate to the jump in time... having to digest the events of September 11th 2001 and dealing with today's technology (i.e. modern mobile phones, etc.).. but as of last week's episode they seem pretty much completely acclimated.

That sounds pretty lame, alright. Doesn't that throw off the timeline for the third movie? Was John supposed to be ten years younger than the Claire Danes character?

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, February 12 2008 @ 08:58 PM EST
    Just watched yesterday's episode and enjoyed it a bit more. Looks like Cameron could turn on them which would make things interesting. Plus I suspect that the girl at school is another "good" terminator.

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed are Kings
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, February 12 2008 @ 11:58 PM EST
    I watched the first two eps and it's ok. The only way I can enjoy it is to not try to reconcile it with the third movie. I'm just going for the ride as if it's an alternate timeline, something that happened in place of the third movie. The terminator whose head got zapped through the time bubble and whose body sat waiting for him under a pile of rubble made me think of Data in the Trek TNG episode Time's Arrow. Eek! Yes. I'm a geek.

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, February 13 2008 @ 12:29 AM EST
    I watched the first episode. Meh.

I could never understand how going FORWARD in time to 2007/2008 would be any help at all. Wouldn't it be better to go BACK and change events at the beginning? The only justification I can think of for the leap forward at the end of the 1st ep is to make the show easier to shoot (without worrying about cell phones, cars, etc.)!

Did you say "74,384,338 to 1 against"? That's my lucky number!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, February 13 2008 @ 02:56 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Linquel]
    [Quote  by:  Louis] But of course, it is easier to just have them jump in time to the present. Lame.

That sounds pretty lame, alright. Doesn't that throw off the timeline for the third movie? Was John supposed to be ten years younger than the Claire Danes character?

To my understanding, they are completely ignoring the third movie... Just like the general public. It didn't happen. LOL

It basically picks up with T2 left off (plus a few years)... T3 never happened. Given how forgettable that film was for me, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Cheers,
    Louis

Friday, February 15 2008 @ 07:24 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis] To my understanding, they are completely ignoring the third movie... Just like the general public. It didn't happen. LOL

It basically picks up with T2 left off (plus a few years)... T3 never happened. Given how forgettable that film was for me, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

To each his own, but I kind of liked the third movie. I went into it kind of with a similar mindset of, "well the real story ended with T2 but I'll watch Arnold cash his paycheck for the fun of it." Personally, of the two big car-chases that year (the other being the highway chase in Matrix Reloaded) I thought the car chase with the crane truck was the hands-down winner (ignoring the stupidity of the remote controlled police cars and ambulance). Let me put it this way...I bought the Special Edition of Terminator and the Ultimate Edition of T2, but I only bought the 2-disc T3 and that was previously viewed from Blockbuster. Mr. Green

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, July 21 2008 @ 01:05 PM EDT

To our surprise when Ken and I went to see The Dark Knight on Friday, there was an opening trailer for a new Terminator film. Who knew? Does anyone know when it takes place in the timeline? I am assuming, like the Sarah Connor Chronicles, it will ignore Terminator 3 (rightly so). But that is a pure assumption on my part.

Cheers,
    Louis

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic