The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Mark of the Rani? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 301 - 'The Mark of the Rani' is Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Featured in Podcastrovalva
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 300 - The Passing of Kate O'Mara, Interviews with Mary Tamm and Janet Fielding
  • NASA New Spacesuit Z-2 Dominates
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 299 - 'The Web of Fear' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 298 - 'The Enemy of the World' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Emma Campbell-Jones joins the L.I. Who 2 line up "Best news all day"
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 297 - Classic Interview with Colin Baker, News, Feedback, and More
  • How do you rate the Matt Smith era of Doctor Who? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Ace's Costume
    Ace's Costume
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Other Science Fiction/Fantasy »  Watchmen
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Watchmen Views: 1640
     Monday, July 21 2008 @ 08:39 PM EDT
    Can I just say how seriously geeked out I am by this trailer? I had no idea it was anywhere near this close to being made. I've had reservations for years about a movie version being any good, but this trailer has me psyched.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/watchmen/

Photobucket

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, July 21 2008 @ 08:44 PM EDT
    It has me psyched too. Just from watching the trailer you can see that they seem to hit all the major plot points of the graphic novel. I'm looking forward to this Big Grin

"Hero! I should have been a God!"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, July 22 2008 @ 12:01 AM EDT
    Zack Snyder sure Love's slow motion and green screens doesn't he?

and who are these actors?

"Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, July 22 2008 @ 12:16 AM EDT

I sure hope it is not as disappointing as 300 was, from the trailer I can see some of the same style of shots being used in this film as the director used in 300 which is a bit concerning, but we will see.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Tuesday, July 22 2008 @ 03:31 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

I sure hope it is not as disappointing as 300 was, from the trailer I can see some of the same style of shots being used in this film as the director used in 300 which is a bit concerning, but we will see.

Cheers,
    Louis

finally i found somebody else who thought 300 wasn't that great.

you know in the comic when he says This Is Sparta he just says it "this is sparta" he dosn't yell it "THIS IS SPARTAAAA!!!!"

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, July 22 2008 @ 04:10 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Justice]
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

Cheers,
    Louis

finally i found somebody else who thought 300 wasn't that great.

you know in the comic when he says This Is Sparta he just says it "this is sparta" he dosn't yell it "THIS IS SPARTAAAA!!!!"

I wasn't that taken by it either.

On related note; the Watchmen action figures look excellent!

Nothing dies of old age on Skaro!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, July 22 2008 @ 04:45 AM EDT

How can you possibly know that? The comic being a printed medium he could quite as easily shouted, whispered or said it in a comedy glaswegian accent! Big Grin It all down to personal interpretation of the presented text.
    Personally I thought 300 was awesome, one of the truest comic to movie adaptations ever made with real crossover appeal. My girlfriend doesn't read comics, nor does she like most of the movies and TV I like (Doctor Who excepted). However she absolutely loved 300.
    I also loved his remake of Dawn of the Dead which gives me hope that Watchmen will be the film we've been waiting decades for.

Bollocks...sir.

Tuesday, July 22 2008 @ 07:56 AM EDT
    I'm still not convinced that they'll be able to condense the story into a 90-120 minute movie, but the trailer does look promising. I suspect they'll dump the pirate comic-in-a-comic bit and try to make the story more linear. You know they're not even going to try taking any of the info that appears in the non-comic sections (i.e. the excerpts from Under the Hood, etc.). I'm in the pro-300 camp, but I'm kind of amazed by all the virtual-set movies in general.

I'm more disappointed to learn that the new Terminator movie coming out is directed by McG (Charlie's Angels).

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, July 22 2008 @ 08:45 AM EDT
    I am fatastically excited by this. It was a seminal comic book and if nothing else will encourage a new audience to read it.
    I also wasn't too keen on 300 and I'm somebody who hadn't read the comic book.
    I'm not opposed to stylised films/ comics, I just found myself sniggering at the wrong places much to the annoyance of a friend with a keen interest in classical history, who loved it incidentally.

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, July 22 2008 @ 03:12 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  President Nice] My girlfriend doesn't read comics, nor does she like most of the movies and TV I like (Doctor Who excepted). However she absolutely loved 300.

Likewise, my wife who hates all things Sci-fi, Action, Horror etc. etc. loved this movie. She thought it was okay for my 13 year old son to watch it (whilst considering that Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are unsuitable).

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed are Kings
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, July 22 2008 @ 05:17 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  President Nice]

How can you possibly know that? The comic being a printed medium he could quite as easily shouted, whispered or said it in a comedy glaswegian accent! Big Grin It all down to personal interpretation of the presented text.
    Personally I thought 300 was awesome, one of the truest comic to movie adaptations ever made with real crossover appeal. My girlfriend doesn't read comics, nor does she like most of the movies and TV I like (Doctor Who excepted). However she absolutely loved 300.
    I also loved his remake of Dawn of the Dead which gives me hope that Watchmen will be the film we've been waiting decades for.

because in the comic it printed it as "this is sparta."

if he shouted it in the comic it would be in capital letters with an exclamation point at the end "THIS IS SPARTA!"

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, July 22 2008 @ 06:12 PM EDT
    The Pirate stuff is going to be released on an animated DVD that comes out at the same time as the movie.

I really don't think it can be filmed properly and wish it wasn't being made. I think the material would be better served by something like a 6-12 hour HBO mini-series.

As mentioned above, I guess it's a pardonable sin if it gets people to read the book. I heard the other day it was #3 overall on Amazon.

I also did not either 300 the book or 300 the movie. I've been a nay-sayer of Miller's work for quite a while now, probably since Sin City.

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, July 22 2008 @ 07:09 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  President Nice]

because in the comic it printed it as "this is sparta."

if he shouted it in the comic it would be in capital letters with an exclamation point at the end "THIS IS SPARTA!"

Ok, folks. Let's settle this right now. Big Grin

First the movie...

Fast forward to 2:20
    (I couldn't figure out where I saw the hot queen before, and my wife figured it out...she's Sarah Connor in the Sarah Connor Chronicles)

And now the comic...

Now we can get back to discussing Watchmen. Mr. Green

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, July 23 2008 @ 01:10 AM EDT

ok now lets talk about watchmen.

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, July 23 2008 @ 04:29 AM EDT
    Watchmen came out at the same time as I was doing my GCSEs at school and I used it as the carrot to make me revise. I ADORE it. (I must dig out that signed copy... maybe ill sell the slipcase edition... or the french ones... or maybe that poster set... yeah... I was kind of fixated. lol

Guest Host on the WHOCAST

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed