The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Listen? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Listen' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 14th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 309 - 'Robot of Sherwood' Reviewed
  • Patrick Troughton as Robin Hood Seen in 'Robot of Sherwood'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Robot of Sherwood? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Robot of Sherwood' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 7th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 308 - 'Into The Dalek' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Into the Dalek? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 307 - 'Deep Breath' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Deep Breath? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    SL Podshock sighting
    SL Podshock sighting
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Other Science Fiction/Fantasy »  New Star Trek Trailer?
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    New Star Trek Trailer? Views: 2965
     Friday, November 14 2008 @ 06:11 PM EST
    I know the new Star Trek trailer is supposed to be in front of the new James Bond film, but can anyone tell me if the new trailer is available online? A search in Google brings up a bunch of old trailers, but I don't know if the "new" one is out. Can someone help?

Thanks!

Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Saturday, November 15 2008 @ 12:16 AM EST
    io9's got it here.

Well, at least part of it.

Did you say "74,384,338 to 1 against"? That's my lucky number!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, November 15 2008 @ 02:01 AM EST

Thanks to TripleB

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Saturday, November 15 2008 @ 02:48 AM EST
    And I'm still not really psyched for this. Hurm.

Neutral

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, November 15 2008 @ 03:59 AM EST
    Basically looks like a boobs and guns flick with our favourite Trek characters.
    Fun for old and new fans alike.
    Now, can anyone spell Battlestar Galactica?

Drink
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, November 15 2008 @ 05:39 AM EST
    I don't know what to think. It's very different than what I had expected to see. However, the space scenes look amazing. I've been looking for a good space battle movie for years. Unfortunately, Revenge of the Sith's space battle in the beginning just didn't perk my interest.

Saturday, November 15 2008 @ 10:27 AM EST
    I've never been a fan of Star Trek. I myself have always been a HUGE Star Wars person. *ducks out of the way of Star Trek fans throwing things* The first time I was remotely interested (though only watched like the first 3 or 4 episodes) was when the show Enterprise came out. And this was because it started from the very beginning. They were all scared to teleport, didnt know how their phazers worked and ect. I found it more believable and likeable.
    This new Star Trek film seems to be taking this approach. So it has my curiousity peeked. And I am sure I am not the only one. So true fans may not like this movie (from what Ive heard) but it MAY bring in new fans.
    But I must say there is no chance it'll even come close to my love for Star Wars. *ducks again and runs*

ha

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, November 15 2008 @ 12:53 PM EST

General_Chris welcome to the Gallifreyan Embassy! No need to apologize for being a huge Star Wars fan. I am one too. In fact, I was one long before discovering Doctor Who (note, when I say "long" -- two years is a long time when you are eleven years old).

Cheers,
    Louis

Saturday, November 15 2008 @ 05:08 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  stjohnny] Basically looks like a boobs and guns flick with our favourite Trek characters.

yeah but captain kirk is supposed to be a lady's man right?

and a bit of a hot shot?

"Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, November 15 2008 @ 10:44 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis]
    General_Chris welcome to the Gallifreyan Embassy! No need to apologize for being a huge Star Wars fan. I am one too. In fact, I was one long before discovering Doctor Who (note, when I say "long" -- two years is a long time when you are eleven years old).

Cheers,
    Louis

Thank You, Louis! Ive read the forums for a bit now and finally decided to join up. Dont know what took me so long. Glad to be here Smile

[Quote  by:  Justice]
    [Quote  by:  stjohnny] Basically looks like a boobs and guns flick with our favourite Trek characters.

yeah but captain kirk is supposed to be a lady's man right?
    and a bit of a hot shot?

Thats the impression that I always had, yes.

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, November 17 2008 @ 04:32 PM EST

The second trailer is now officially available to download or view on the net here

Note: At the time that I am posting this, the HD versions are incorrect. For some reason when you choose the HD version of trailer 1, you get a trailer for Cloverfield (also by JJ Abrams) and if you choose the HD version of trailer 2, you actually get trailer 1. This may have been corrected by the time you are reading this though.

Cheers,
    Louis

Tuesday, November 18 2008 @ 09:54 AM EST
    Looks more like Star Trek 90210. I think this is another Star Trek movie I will be passing on.

If those pictures of Enterprise that are floating around the internet are real, then JJ Abrams needs to visit an optometrist, because that would be a serious continuity flaw.

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, November 18 2008 @ 11:32 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  indiana_brian] Looks more like Star Trek 90210. I think this is another Star Trek movie I will be passing on.

If those pictures of the Enterprise that are floating around the internet are real, then JJ Abrams needs to visit an optometrist, because that would be a serious continuity flaw.

When I first saw those images of the new old Enterprise, I honestly thought it was someone's idea of a joke. It's kind of sad that it isn't.

I don't think the new film is true Star Trek, but I will hold off final judgement until I see it.

Cheers,
    Louis

Tuesday, November 18 2008 @ 11:40 AM EST
    Its good to see that they finally made Galaxy Quest 2....

What do you mean that's supposed to be real Star Trek?

yeah right.

Guest Host on the WHOCAST

Tuesday, November 18 2008 @ 01:37 PM EST
    I was blown away by this. Few trailers have made me so happy. I know I'm going to be good for the first hour of the movie, in which we're reintroduced to our heroes and get the "world of Star Trek" tour.

I'm so glad Abrams is trashing the 1960s-era design of the original Enterprise. Someone had to, in order to keep the franchise viable. And what he's given us is the best looking Star Trek bridge ever. Anyone who thinks the 60s-era interiors could seriously have been preserved is, I think, drinking the Roddenberry Kool-Aid.

This is going to give filmmakers something to hang their design hats on for the next 40 years, so that we really can tell a coherent narrative story of not only what went on before Kirk's time, but afterwards. It solves, in other words, the season 1 problems of the show, Enterprise.

I think we're genuinely looking at a film which is going to be regarded as being as significant as The Wrath of Khan. This is a franchise builder, a Batman Begins rather than a Superman Returns.

The only thing that could stop it is if the villain ain't up to par. That's always a concern with any ST film, but this trailer did nothing to allay my fears about the last act.

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." JNT, 1986

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored