The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 304 - 'The Claws of Axos' is Reviewed
  • New Doctor Who Series Launch Confirmed for August and Teaser Promo Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Invasion of Time? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 303 - 'The Invasion of Time' is Reviewed
  • Dozens of Doctor Who guests converge on Long Island this November!
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 302 - Terry Walsh Interviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Daleks Invade Manchester:- Dalek Picture 35
    Daleks Invade Manchester:- Dalek Picture 35
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  Other Science Fiction/Fantasy »  Blake's 7 Series 4 DVD UK release date
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Blake's 7 Series 4 DVD UK release date Views: 1667
     Thursday, December 01 2005 @ 09:10 PM EST
    Blake's 7 Series 4 DVD Release date: March 13, 2006. From Amazon UK

"There comes a time, Timelord, when every lonely little boy must learn how to dance"
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Thursday, December 01 2005 @ 10:07 PM EST
    ooh...now I just have to finish watching season one and get the others Eek!

Admiral Kristine Kochanski G.A.B. Saffron, Moonstone, Burnt Orange Team Leader http://www.gabtraders.com "O brave new world That has such people in't"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, December 01 2005 @ 10:39 PM EST
    Hey, I know the feeling... I have stacks of unopened DVDs, including a few complete television series sets, waiting for me to watch them.

So much to do, so little time...

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Friday, December 02 2005 @ 08:20 AM EST
    I have watched the first 5 eps of series one over the last few days...

I feel the the "stacks of unopened DVDs" pain as well... So much good stuff, so little time.

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Tuesday, December 06 2005 @ 01:00 AM EST
    I'm pleased to hear that it's not only me that suffers from unwatched dvd syndrome.

And BLAKE was an awesome episode !

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, December 06 2005 @ 01:41 AM EST
    I am not as bad as my sisters though... where they have the same unopened, unwatched DVDs for years sitting there, ... Who knows when they will ever break the seal and watch them... it's not like it is a huge pile and there are other DVDs coming in that they are watching... No. Not at all. They only get a couple new ones each year... but they just sit there. I make fun of them whenever I can because of it.

Whereas my stacks of DVDs I do eventually watch... one disc at a time... I am making progress, but there are new ones coming in all the time... and I watch them not in the order they come in, but rather on how anxious I am to watch something or how long it's been since I last seen it, or whatnot. So some DVDs are sitting around for years, others are watched almost immediately as they come in (i.e. Doctor Who titles). So although it seems that I have the same stuff stacked up waiting for me watch, I am actually watching new DVDs all the time, when I can find the time (that's part of the problem).

Cheers,
    Louis

Tuesday, December 06 2005 @ 12:39 PM EST
    I just got thru series one. I didn't remember that they didn't use the model for the Liberator until well into the series. I guess they were saving money to build it and the pursuit ship model(s), and ORAC!

What I find interesting is how Zen knows so much about the Federation...

Taras

Friday, March 10 2006 @ 02:51 PM EST

I put in my pre-order for the region 2 DVDs of series 4... Maybe Ken can deal with organizing a Blake's 7 podcast after these start getting out...

Taras

Saturday, March 11 2006 @ 07:47 PM EST
    Any Americans (or Canadians, I suppose?) out there that invested in a Region Free player and bought any of the Blake's 7 DVDs thru Amazon.UK?

I'm thinking of taking the plunge since I don't think B7 will ever make it to Region 1.

Saturday, March 11 2006 @ 08:09 PM EST
    I bought a region free dvd player through Amazon US. It is great and was just about $100. Works beautifully.

I don't think US people can buy dvds from Amazon UK, I have tried but once you put in your address they won't let you go further (maybe someone else has managed to get around this but I haven't). There are some great Doctor Who shops linked to this site who do ship to the US and I ordered my Blake's Seven season one through Tenth Planet. When it came the box was even autographed, still have not figured out who autographed it but what the hey, it is just a nice unexpected bonus for me.

Actually, I am much happier to give my business to the Doctor Who shops than to Amazon. Good to show the love to retailers who specialize in our favorite stuff Big Grin Even better if you go through the link on the links page here to give the Gallifreyan Embassy the link business so the retailers know they are getting business from here.

Admiral Kristine Kochanski G.A.B. Saffron, Moonstone, Burnt Orange Team Leader http://www.gabtraders.com "O brave new world That has such people in't"
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, March 11 2006 @ 08:23 PM EST
    Thanks for the info, K. Kochanski. I didn't realize one could buy a Region Free player from Amazon (and I don't feel like watching them on my computer). So it scrambles the image to the proper lines per inch for the television as well?

I had read a review or two from some Americans on the Amazon.UK site so I would think they do ship to the USA. But I like your idea to give my business to the specialty shops.

Thanks again!

Saturday, March 11 2006 @ 08:33 PM EST

You can buy DVDs from the UK Amazon store... I have done so. I believe Ken has as well.

Not that I am advocating Amazon UK... just saying it is possible to order DVDs from the US. Of course there are other choices to buy DVDs in the UK have them shipped to the US.

Cheers,
    Louis

Saturday, March 11 2006 @ 08:51 PM EST
    Now if you'd only asked me, I could have brought them over with me and mailed them here Razz

Ahh well, never mind. Can't find the bloody Sci-Fi Channel over here either. I'm assuming it's not on the package that this resort has. So no Doctor Who premiere for me I guess. Oh well, I've seen it anyway. Wink . Would have been cool to get the US perspective on the launch though.

Abersoch

Whoops, wait a minute. Just found it - yay!

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, March 11 2006 @ 10:20 PM EST
    Gee, thanks for reminding me about the Blake's 7 season four release. I knew it was coming, but I'd forgotten. Not that I've watched the first three seasons yet, even though I have them. Yes, me too.
    Hello, I'm Cynthia, and I suffer from UDS-Unwatched DVD Syndrome. In two regions! Now I have name a for my illness, I'm sure it will be easier to overcome. All I need is twelve regenerations. ;-)

Cybrarian

The Cybrarian "You want weapons? We're in a library. Books, the best weapons in the world! This room is the greatest arsenal we could have. Arm yourselves."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, March 11 2006 @ 11:31 PM EST
    You definately can buy from Amazon.co.uk in Canada at least... they just charge you an arm and leg in duty Evil

That Is Not Dead Which Can Eternal Lie, And With Strange Aeons Even Death May Die.

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored